Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market - Moving Past the Sole End User to Reap Opportunities in Numerous Industries
In recent times, abrupt climate change has led to high loss of human lives and severe damage to nature, which has attracted conscientious efforts from the governments of numerous countries in the form of investments toward technology to predetermine the intensity of extreme weather conditions. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), climate change between 2030 and 2050 is anticipated to cause nearly 250,000 additional deaths per year. Such eye-opening stats have been found to be favorable to the rising deployment of weather monitoring solutions and services in government sectors.
Since weather has a huge impact on numerous industries and their operations, right from the production of raw materials to product development, with the impact even extending beyond distribution channels to transportation and logistics, developers of weather monitoring solutions and services are reaping steady sales opportunities. The trend is fast-penetrating into agriculture and fishing industries, the ones that traditionally relied on weather forecast done by national meteorological departments and distributed over TVs, mobiles, and radios. The local relevance of weather monitoring services is increasing, since these are integrated with global positioning systems to facilitate accurate weather forecasts for local farmers who depend on rain-fed agriculture.
On account of numerous success factors implying the steady demand for weather monitoring solutions and services, a study published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) opines that, the industry will advance at an above-average CAGR of ~7% during the period of 2019-2027.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
IoT Technology to Power Frontiers of the Landscape
A moderate-to-high level of competition implies that, survival in the weather monitoring solutions and services market relies on the hands-on experience of market players regarding advanced technologies to keep up with the evolutionary nature of the landscape. This has extended the traditional frontiers of monitoring systems with novel IoT technology. This IoT technology is projected to offer a new paradigm to the weather monitoring solutions and services landscape by integrating telecommunication solutions with sensors and microcontrollers for providing accurate weather information with a 'one-tap' convenience to end users.
Another crucial feature attributed to modern weather monitoring systems is smart size. A compact and lightweight weather monitoring system is increasingly preferred as a viable solution to the space dilemma, especially for small commercial players operating in manufacturing and agriculture industries. The introduction of technology is likely to have a high impact on the short-term as well as long-term growth of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market
Developed Vs. Developing Countries - Adoption Scenario
According to Winrock International, the U.S. government invests nearly US$ 1 Bn/year to underpin operations of the National Weather Service, which helps create a nearly US$ 7 Bn market for the private sector with commercial opportunities. In recent times, the governments of numerous countries are realizing the extended scope of benefits and high returns on investments offered by weather monitoring solutions and services, which is likely to lead to high deployment in developed countries. However, despite the clear social and commercial benefits offered by these systems, developing countries lack sufficient resources to invest in the proper operation and maintenance of meteorological and hydrological services, which makes these regions less attractive for the industry.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market”
Analysts’ Inference of the Market
Authors of the report opine that, the weather monitoring solutions and services market will rise from a valuation of ~US$ 896 Mn in 2019 to ~US$ 1.6 Bn by 2027, and the growing relevance of weather forecast in transportation and logistics applications will remain pivotal to market growth. Gains from the deployment of these solutions and services in agriculture and fishing industries will witness an exponential rise.
Investment in the development of data services for weather monitoring will offer long-term growth opportunity, while hardware and software will continue to remain popular among end-use industries. Usually, it has been observed that, local players target internal markets, as they lack expertise in using sophisticated technologies, while their global counterparts are vying to gain large geographical exposure. For instance, Campbell Scientific, Inc. announced the inauguration of a new office in India, to offer weather forecast services to Asian countries such as Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, and Bangladesh.
Since technological advancement is the only way ahead towards consolidation, market players can collaborate with technologically-advanced companies to gain a competitive edge in the market.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market in Brief
- The global weather monitoring solutions and services market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period, primarily driven by the introduction of technologically-advanced weather monitoring solutions, resulting in real-time monitoring and increased system automation.
- The weather monitoring solutions and services market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 896 Mn by the end of 2019, and expand to reach ~US$ 1.6 Bn by 2027. Market players are making efforts to introduce sensors that can survive in rugged and harsh environments, in order to improve the overall efficiency of these systems.
- The hardware segment is anticipated to account for a notable share as compared to that of other component segments of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
- North America remains a prominent market for weather monitoring solutions and services, globally, and the market in the region is estimated to be valued at ~US$ 280 Mn by the end of 2019. The presence of a large number of airports is a major factor attributed to the dominance of the region.
- In terms of end-use industry, the transportation and logistics segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period. Increasing usage of weather monitoring solutions and services by airports, due to stringent regulations by aviation authorities, has resulted in this dominance.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market Definition
- The weather monitoring solutions and services market report provides analysis of the global weather monitoring solutions and services market for the period of 2017–2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that are enhancing the value of the weather monitoring solutions and services market, and various opportunities prevailing in the market space.
- Weather monitoring solutions and services providers are focused on developing innovative and differentiated hardware components to serve the specific requirements of end-use industries, which is expected to drive market demand in the coming years.
Asia Pacific Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market – Snapshot
- Asia Pacific is a rapidly expanding market, as the region faces a significant risk of natural disasters and experiences frequent climate changes.
- Asia Pacific also has a prominent agriculture industry, which is majorly dependent on weather conditions. The agricultural industry in Asia Pacific is estimated to witness a significantly high rate of adoption of weather monitoring solutions and services during the forecast period.
- The region is also witnessing a huge shift toward renewable sources of energy, which is projected to boost the adoption of weather monitoring solutions.
- These factors are expected to fuel the demand for weather monitoring solutions and services, considerably, in the near future, in this region.
Key Drivers of Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market
- Increased weather fluctuations causing damage to life and property: Global warming has led to frequent changes in weather patterns, leading to heat waves and droughts. The number of incidents of natural disasters has increased due to these fluctuations in weather. Fluctuating weather conditions are a cause of concern across different industries. A reliable system for advanced warning is important to take preventive steps, which can save these industries from huge damages and losses. This, in turn, is expected to drive the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
- Introduction of technologically-advanced weather monitoring systems: The components of weather monitoring solutions are continuously evolving. The introduction of improved sensors has resulted in the gathering of accurate information. These sensors are capable of surviving in rugged environments, and can provide more accurate data in any weather condition. Furthermore, the introduction of IoT for weather monitoring solutions has improved data delivery. The introduction of IoT has led to improved, efficient, and timely data transfer between systems through improved system connectivity. These factors have resulted in enhanced weather forecasting services, which, in turn, is estimated to drive the demand for weather monitoring solutions and services during the forecast period.
Key Restraint of Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market
- Functioning issues of sensors in rugged environments: The operation of weather monitoring solutions and services majorly depends on sensors. Sensors play a vital role in the transmission of signals and data to the desired end user. The inability of sensors to provide accurate data in a rugged environment is a major factor restraining the market. Sensors may not always provide correct readings in case of sudden shock or disturbance. Sensors are also likely to suffer damage during impulsive readings. This may affect the performance of weather monitoring solution systems, and also provide inaccurate information. This factor is expected to hinder the market during the forecast period.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market – Competition Landscape
- In March 2019, Vaisala Oyj bagged a contract to provide an automated weather observation system to 31 airports in Argentina.
- In June 2019, Campbell Scientific, Inc. entered into a partnership with National Geographic to install an automated weather station at the highest weather station on Mount Everest.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market - Company Profile Snapshot
- Vaisala Oyj: Vaisala Oyj is a leading global company that offers weather systems and industrial measurement solutions. It provides solutions to national parks, hospitals, data centers, and airports. Vaisala Oyj offers instruments for indoor measurement and process controls; a continuous monitoring system; instruments for power transformers. The company has operations all over the globe.
- Campbell Scientific, Inc.: Campbell Scientific, Inc. is a global company that engages in the manufacture and design of data acquisition systems, data loggers, and control and measurement products that are used in different applications such as gas flux & turbulence, water, weather, soil, and infrastructure. The company provides sensors, measurement devices, communication systems, tripods & towers, software, and power systems to businesses across the globe.
- Met One Instruments Inc.: Met One Instruments Inc. specializes in the manufacturer of particulate monitors and samplers, for ambient controlled environmental applications. The company offers weather monitoring solutions in over 95 countries across the globe, and also provides onsite training to improve the performance of these systems.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market - Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global weather monitoring solutions and services market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the weather monitoring solutions and services market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the weather monitoring solutions and services market will progress during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the weather monitoring solutions and services market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the weather monitoring solutions and services market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the weather monitoring solutions and services market, and estimate statistics related to market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the weather monitoring solutions and services market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the weather monitoring solutions and services market, wherein, various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by these leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on the Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market
The report provides detailed information about the weather monitoring solutions and services market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market, and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the weather monitoring solutions and services industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of weather monitoring solutions and services?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the weather monitoring solutions and services market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the weather monitoring solutions and services market?
- Which end-use industry is expected to develop maximum application for weather monitoring solutions and services during the foreseeing period?
Research Methodology – Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the weather monitoring solutions and services market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
Weather Monitoring Solutions and Services Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the weather monitoring solutions and services market on the basis of type, end-use industry, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the weather monitoring solutions and services market.
Transportation & Logistics
Broadcast & Telecommunications
Energy & Utilities
Agriculture & Fisheries
Others (Hydrology, Weather Service Providers, etc.)
Middle East & Africa