Weather Forecasting Systems: Introduction
- A weather forecasting system uses science and technology to predict the conditions of the atmosphere for a given location and time
- Usage of weather forecasting systems plays an important role in reducing the maintenance and operational costs of enterprises
- Weather forecasting systems help enterprises to assess the weather condition and plan weather-sensitive operations accurately to ensure security of people
- A weather forecasting system utilizes multiple components including barometers, anemometers, hygrometers, rain gauges, thermometers, sensors, and weather radars & antennas
- Weather forecasting system is used in various applications such as weather satellites, weather observing systems, weather stations, weather drones, weather balloons, airborne LiDAR, and others
Rise in Demand for Continuous Weather Monitoring to Enable Disaster Management
- Weather forecasting systems are largely used by weather service providers and in military fields to collect information related to the weather and environment of specific places by utilizing data made available by different sensors
- Weather forecasting systems play an important role in alerting the weather department and government authorities about bad weather conditions such as cyclone, lightning, heavy rain fall, and natural disasters and to take necessary actions in advance to save lives of people
- These systems are significantly used in the military sector to provide updates about the weather conditions while performing military operations and minimize the threat to critical operations
- Various factors are taken into consideration to improve the accuracy of weather forecasting systems such as advanced technology to improve data analytics and supercomputers to deliver accurate information
- The factors mentioned above boost demand for weather forecasting systems among weather service providers and in the military field, which is in turn projected to drive the global weather forecasting systems market during the forecast period
- However, dynamic nature of the atmosphere leads to chances of inaccuracy of the weather forecasting system, which is anticipated to restrain the global weather forecasting systems market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global weather forecasting systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is expected to dominate the global weather forecasting systems market from 2020 to 2030, as a large number of manufacturers of weather forecasting systems operate in the region
- A number of well-established players based in North America focus on development of new technology in weather forecasting systems to increase its accuracy. This is likely to propel the weather forecasting systems market in the region during the forecast period.
- The weather forecasting systems market in Europe and Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace from 2020 to 2030. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market
The global weather forecasting systems market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market focus on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rise in demand for weather forecasting systems. Moreover, manufacturers enter into partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global weather forecasting systems market are:
- Accuweather, Inc.
- Airmar Technology Corporation
- All Weather, Inc.
- Campbell Scientific
- Gill Instruments
- Hoskin Scientific
- Met One Instruments, Inc.
- Morcom International
- Raytheon Company
- Skye Instruments
- Sutron Corporation
- The Weather Company
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Weather Forecasting Systems Market, Request for a Sample
Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market, by Solution
Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market, by Forecast Type
- Short Range
- Medium Range
- Extended Range
- Long Range
Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market, by Application
- Weather Satellites
- Weather Observing Systems
- Weather Stations
- Weather Drones
- Weather Balloons
- Airborne LiDAR
Global Weather Forecasting Systems Market, by Vertical
- Transportation & Logistics
- Oil & Gas
- Renewable Energy
- Weather Service Providers
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!