Weather Data Services - Introduction
- Weather data services are an effective way to access data about the weather forecast and historical weather observation data, which helps keep track of climate situations periodically.
- Weather data services help to gather data from international weather data providers, which collects the weather data from the global surface area.
- Usage of weather forecasting services in various industries is expected to rise in order to improve safety and reduce losses occurring due to natural disasters in various end-user industries.
Global Weather Data Services Market: Dynamics
Global Weather Data Services Market: Key Drivers
- Increased fluctuations in weather and climate results in global warming. Adoption of weather data services is expected to rise during the forecast period in order to monitor these changes in weather.
- Adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technology in weather monitoring systems, in order to monitor and inspect real-time weather database, is expected to fuel the weather data services market during the forecast period
- Rise in adoption of weather data services in the weather forecast department ensures the timely prediction of weather up to 13 days in advance. This feature of weather data services is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- High initial cost of investment and maintenance are expected to restrain the weather data services market
- Renewable energy generation from wind and solar power is expected to offer significant opportunities for the weather data services market
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Weather Data Services Market
- Most countries across the globe were facing lockdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which resulted in economic slowdown. The pandemic created disruptions in weather conditions in both positive and negative ways.
- People were prohibited to meet in person due to safety reasons owing to the rules and regulations imposed by governments. This had an indirect effect on climate conditions during the pandemic situation.
- The use of vehicles reduced during COVID-19 situation, which led to a decline in pollution levels. This, in turn, improved the performance of weather data services.
- Thus, the weather data services market is expected to decline during the COVID-19 situation
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Weather Data Services Market
- In terms of region, the global weather data services market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global weather data services market during the forecast period due to the presence of several prominent players operating in the weather data service market in the region
- Rise in awareness about cloud-based weather data services in India and China is expected to boost the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Increase in adoption of weather forecast solutions to provide an accurate weather database in Europe is projected to boost the rate of adoption of weather data services in the region
- Rise in advancement in weather prediction systems in Middle East & Africa is estimated to fuel the weather data services market in the region
Global Weather Data Services Market: Competition Landscape
- Several key players operating in the weather data services market are focused on the launch of new services to consolidate their presence in the market. They are undertaking rapid technological innovations.
- For instance, in July 2020, AccuWeather launched new AccuWeather Local Hurricane Tracker, which helps provide real-time updates about wind speeds and rainfall amounts and provides weather reports to the weather forecast department
Key Players Operating in the Global Weather Data Services Market Include:
- AccuWeather, Inc.
- DTN, LLC
- Earth Networks, Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Meteoblue AG
- Meteomatics AG
- OpenWeather Ltd
- The Tomorrow Companies Inc.
- Visual Crossing Corporation.
- Weather Source, LLC
- Weatherbit, LLC
Global Weather Data Services Market: Research Scope
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Component
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Deployment
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprises
Global Weather Data Services Market, by End-user
- Transportation & Logistics
- Information and Technology
- Agriculture & Fisheries
- Energy & Utilities
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America