Weather Data Services - Introduction
- Weather data services are an effective way to access data about the weather forecast and historical weather observation data, which helps keep track of climate situations periodically.
- Weather data services help to gather data from international weather data providers, which collects the weather data from the global surface area.
- Usage of weather forecasting services in various industries is expected to rise in order to improve safety and reduce losses occurring due to natural disasters in various end-user industries.
Global Weather Data Services Market: Dynamics
Global Weather Data Services Market: Key Drivers
- Increased fluctuations in weather and climate results in global warming. Adoption of weather data services is expected to rise during the forecast period in order to monitor these changes in weather.
- Adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) technology in weather monitoring systems, in order to monitor and inspect real-time weather database, is expected to fuel the weather data services market during the forecast period
- Rise in adoption of weather data services in the weather forecast department ensures the timely prediction of weather up to 13 days in advance. This feature of weather data services is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- High initial cost of investment and maintenance are expected to restrain the weather data services market
- Renewable energy generation from wind and solar power is expected to offer significant opportunities for the weather data services market
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Weather Data Services Market
- Most countries across the globe were facing lockdowns due to the COVID-19 pandemic, which resulted in economic slowdown. The pandemic created disruptions in weather conditions in both positive and negative ways.
- People were prohibited to meet in person due to safety reasons owing to the rules and regulations imposed by governments. This had an indirect effect on climate conditions during the pandemic situation.
- The use of vehicles reduced during COVID-19 situation, which led to a decline in pollution levels. This, in turn, improved the performance of weather data services.
- Thus, the weather data services market is expected to decline during the COVID-19 situation
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Weather Data Services Market
- In terms of region, the global weather data services market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global weather data services market during the forecast period due to the presence of several prominent players operating in the weather data service market in the region
- Rise in awareness about cloud-based weather data services in India and China is expected to boost the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period
- Increase in adoption of weather forecast solutions to provide an accurate weather database in Europe is projected to boost the rate of adoption of weather data services in the region
- Rise in advancement in weather prediction systems in Middle East & Africa is estimated to fuel the weather data services market in the region
Global Weather Data Services Market: Competition Landscape
- Several key players operating in the weather data services market are focused on the launch of new services to consolidate their presence in the market. They are undertaking rapid technological innovations.
- For instance, in July 2020, AccuWeather launched new AccuWeather Local Hurricane Tracker, which helps provide real-time updates about wind speeds and rainfall amounts and provides weather reports to the weather forecast department
Key Players Operating in the Global Weather Data Services Market Include:
- AccuWeather, Inc.
- DTN, LLC
- Earth Networks, Inc.
- International Business Machines Corporation
- Meteoblue AG
- Meteomatics AG
- OpenWeather Ltd
- The Tomorrow Companies Inc.
- Visual Crossing Corporation.
- Weather Source, LLC
- Weatherbit, LLC
Global Weather Data Services Market: Research Scope
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Component
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Deployment
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprises
Global Weather Data Services Market, by End-user
- Transportation & Logistics
- Information and Technology
- Agriculture & Fisheries
- Energy & Utilities
Global Weather Data Services Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.