Global Wearable Technology and IoT Wearable Device Market: Snapshot
The global wearable technology and IoT wearable device market is foretold to witness lucrative business prospects owing to the ever-increasing demand for wearable devices. Wearable technology includes smart electronic devices that can be worn on the body as accessories.
Wearable devices such as smart watches are a good example of Internet of Things. The application base of wearable technology is expanding with the expansion of the technology itself. Consumer electronics such as activity tracker and smart watch are some prominent examples of wearable technology. Apart from applications in consumer goods, wearable technology finds application in navigation systems, healthcare, and advanced textiles.
Wearable devices are gaining traction due to their capability of identification and security. For instance, badge worn at work places provide identification and security features that are useful for work environment. Wearable devices could even include biometric capabilities such as fingerprint identification to improve security of critical accounts. Badges could also include location sensing capabilities in the event of an emergency to prevent loss of life. A wearable bracelet is more reliable to obtain indication of location in the event of an emergency as it is less likely to be left in a jacket or in a handbag.
The capability of health and fitness centered wearable devices is expanding. The adoption of wearable devices for biometric readings such as heart rate, perspiration levels, to complex measurements such as level of oxygen in the bloodstream is leading to their increased availability. With further advancement in technology, wearable devices could even be used to detect alcohol levels or for some other similar measurements. The ability of wearable devices to sense, store, and track biometric values could be another interesting possibility of these devices.
Wearable technology is regularly made known as one of the best application of the (IOT) Internet of Things. The commodities that contain wearable innovation are called wearable. Wearable technology consists of applicationa which includes smart clothing, wearable cameras, smart glasses, wearable apps platforms, smart watches, activity trackers, and health & happiness wearable. Wearable technology represents clothing and individual accessories that integrate both computer and electronic technologies. Gadgets from Fitbit and its associated organizations enable individuals to track their exercise and health progress in before impossible ways. Smart watches bring the ability of smartphones specifically to the wearer's wrist. Wearable technology offers several benefits like gathering information of the buying behavior of a consumer with the help of smart glass, thereby reducing the cost incurred in performing statistical surveys. Moreover, integration of wearable technology in traditional business provides enhanced productivity and expanded work efficiency. Wearable hardware that shoppers can display on their bodies has potential to change the way of living. With the help of IOT, numerous wearable technologies and sensors are expected to help individuals to interact with other devices and wireless nodes around them.
Technology companies are making their devices lighter, sleeker, smaller, and more intuitive by perceiving the demands from the customers which is projected to drive the growth of the wearable technology and IOT wearable device market in the forecast period. There are enormous business opportunities where a considerable measure of new and existing players are investing in the market and are teaming up with each other to provide several services as well as products. Development of wearable technology has been mainly driven by the level of market diffusion of smartphones assisted by technological improvements of battery life and size. Nearly all ordinary wearable devices are paired with smartphones these days. However, the wearable technology and IOT wearable device market is witnessing a restraint in the form of balancing the prices of the product and the growth of highly specialized wearable for different body parts. Through wearable technology, individuals receive messages; however, it does not allow to see it and reply to it. Also, it does not provide detailed information to users on any activity. This is restraining the market for wearable technology and IOT wearable device in regions. However, ongoing investments in research and development will provide an opportunity to strengthen the wearable technology and IOT wearable device market during the forecast period.
The global wearable technology and IOT wearable device market has been segmented by wearable type, product type, technology, component, application, and regions. By wearable type, the market has been bifurcated into wearable smart textiles and wearable non-textiles. The market can be categorized by product type into wrist wear, headwear, and eyewear, footwear, neckwear, body wear, and other wearable technology. On the basis of technology, the market is further divided into computer technology, display technology, networking technology, positioning technology, and sensor technology. According to components, the market is further divided into software, services, and cloud & data analysis. By application, the market has been bifurcated into consumer electronics, healthcare, enterprise and industrial applications, and other applications. The wearable technology and IOT wearable device market is divided into five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America.
Some of the vendors in the global wearable technology and IOT wearable device market include Fitbit, Inc., Apple, Inc., Xiaomi Technology Co. Ltd., Garmin Ltd., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Guangdong BBK Electronics Co., Ltd, Misfit Inc., Alphabet, Inc., LG Electronics Inc., Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Adidas Group, Sony Corporation, Jawbone, Inc., and Lifesense Group.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.