Water Source Heat Pumps: Introduction
- A water source heat pump operates in a manner similar to a regular air pump except the fact that it transfers and extracts heat by using water as a source instead of air
- A water source heat pump works by cycling water through a system of pipes that are laid out at the bottom of a water body or reservoir. The water cycled through pipes captures heat from the water body and dissipates it into the house.
- Water source heat pumps are used in two kinds of heat pump systems: geothermal systems and water loop systems
- Use of water source heat pumps can save a lot of money and protect the environment from harmful emissions
Key Drivers of Global Water Source Heat Pump Market
- Water source heat pump systems are used in commercial buildings, such as shopping malls, hotels, and libraries, which require different temperature zones. Some of these buildings require cooling, while others require heating. Thus, the building & construction industry is a major customer of water source heat pumps.
- Governments have imposed regulations on developers regarding zero carbon emissions from construction. As per these regulations, a whole-life carbon assessment should be conducted for all construction projects. Use of devices with low carbon emissions, such as water source heat pumps, proves highly useful to meet these regulations imposed on developers. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global water source heat pump market during the forecast period.
- Onshore oil and gas service companies operate under harsh and extreme climatic conditions. Ground source or water source heat pumps can operate under these conditions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Restraints of Global Water Source Heat Pump Market:
- Water source heat pumps need to be located close to a conditioned space, where it can generate radiated sound. However, different measures have been practiced to reduce this radiated sound to acceptable decibel levels.
- A water source heat pump requires an individual condensate piping line to be run from the unit
- With insufficient water supply, a water source heat pump lowers the temperature of the water to the point at which the system would not run much efficiently or would get dysfunctional. The more the heat needs to be generated, the larger the water source required.
- In January 2019, Vital Energi announced its plans to start working on Scotland’s first major water-source heat pump. Vital Energi would deliver the pump, which would be installed at the GBP-250-Mn Queen’s Quay regeneration project in Clydebank, Scotland. The GBP-15-Mn energy project would provide heat for the area’s homes, businesses, and a few public buildings.
- On January 2019, The Whalen Co. introduced the Closetline CAS packaged heat pump. Its capacities range from 0.5 tons to 5.0 tons, with 13.5 or 17.0 EER (Energy Efficient Ratio) at WLHP conditions in a compact cabinet designed for ease of service.
Asia Pacific to Hold a Major Share of Global Water Source Heat Pump Market
- Based on region, the global water source heat pump market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominates the global market and the trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period also, due to rapid urbanization and industrialization in major economies such as China, South Korea, and India.
- Initiatives for shift toward renewable energy sources from the conventional energy by governments in countries of Asia Pacific are expected to have a positive impact on the global market for water source hear pumps during the forecast period
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Water Source Heat Pump Market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
Some of the key players operating in the global water source heat pump market are:
- ClimateMaster Inc.
- Mississippi Power
- Energy Star
- Water Furnace International Ltd.
- Florida Heat Pump Manufacturing
- Bryant Heating & Cooling Systems
- Johnson Controls
- Mc Quay International
- Dunham Bush
- STIEBEL ELTRON
- Vital Energi
- Danfoss Groupe
Global Water Source Heat Pump Market, by Application
Global Water Source Heat Pump Market, by Type
- Closed-loop Systems
- Open-loop Systems
- Hybrid Heat Pumps
- Solar-assisted Pumps
Global Water Source Heat Pump Market, by Energy efficiency
- Low Efficiency
- High Efficiency
- Premium Efficiency
Global Water Source Heat Pump Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.