Water Desalination Plant Market: Overview
- Water shortage is the biggest problem across the globe and is estimated to increase in the next few years. Governments of all developed as well as developing countries are putting efforts to find ways including water desalination to overcome water shortage problems.
- The water desalination process separates dissolved elements such as salt and other minerals from water. It is the process of removing salts from water in order to make it suitable for use.
- The separation process requires forces to effectively pass water through membrane. The required forces include pressure, electric potential and concentration in order to defeat natural osmotic pressures.
- Based on the degree of salinity in water, the cost of desalination is decided. Countries with dry areas such as the U.A.E. and Australia are important destinations for companies in the water desalination plant market.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Water Desalination Plant Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Water Desalination Plant Market
- The rise in global population and their unmet water needs are increasing demand for desalination plants and is expected to drive the water desalination plant market during the forecast period
- Factors such as climate change which is disturbing water cycle leading to water scarcity and increased use of water due to rapid industrialization as water is employed in various industrial processes are driving demand for fresh water. This, in turn, is expected to drive the water desalination plant market during the forecast period.
Reverse Osmosis Segment to Hold Prominent Market Share
- In terms of technology, the reverse osmosis segment accounted major market share in 2018 and is expected to dominate the water desalination plant market in terms of volume during the forecast period. Dominance of reverse osmosis process can be attributed to its enhanced efficiency and less energy requirement.
- In terms of growth rate, the multi-stage flash (MSF) segment is expected to dominate the water desalination plant market during the forecast period
- Multi-stage flash (MSF) is a thermal process to treat saline water. This process requires tremendous energy to remove salt from water. This technique is highly expensive in developing countries due to the large amount of energy used and high energy rates. However, in gulf countries, the MSF process is feasible because of cheap energy rates. Hence, this process is primarily focused in the Middle East region.
- Multi-effect distillation (MED) is also a thermal process but it requires less energy than other thermal processes and it is expected to grow at a steady pace in the Middle East region owing to cheap energy rates.
Municipal Application Segment to Dominate Global Water Desalination Plant Market
- The municipal application segment accounted significant market share in 2018 and is expected to follow the same trend during the forecast period. Dominance of this segment can be attributed to increase in demand for fresh water due to increasing water shortage and growing population.
- The industrial application segment is also anticipated to grow at a robust pace during the forecast period. Extensive industrial development in regions such as Asia Pacific is accelerating growth of the industrial application segment of the global water desalination plant market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Water Desalination Plant Market here
Sea Water Segment to Dominate Global Water Desalination Plant Market
- The sea water segment contributed major market share in 2018 and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period
- Dominance of the sea water segment can be attributed to acceptance of sea water medium as a viable alternative for the fresh sources by the California State Water Resources Control Board and the legal support from the government bodies for the use of sea water
- The brackish water segment is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period. Growth of the brackish water segment can be credited to the easy treatment of brackish water as compared to sea water.
Middle East and Africa to Hold Prominent Share of Global Water Desalination Plant Market
- Geographically, the global water desalination plant market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Middle East and Africa region is a leader in the global water desalination plant market followed by Asia Pacific. Demand of water desalination plants in Middle East and Africa can be attributed to the high demand of fresh water in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness considerable growth in the next few years owing to increase in demand for fresh water due water scarcity and increase in population
- Latin America is expected to grow at a robust pace during the forecast period. Latin America has adequate resources for fresh water but increase in population and inefficient distribution channels are likely to result in water scarcity. The governments in the region have started focusing on saline water treatment processes to overcome the problem of water scarcity. This is projected to drive the global water desalination plant market in the region during forecast period
Key Players in Market:
Prominent players operating in the water desalination plant market include:
- Koch Membrane System
- IDE Technologies
- Hyflux Ltd.
- Genesis Water technologies
- Doosan Corporation
- General Electric
- Shakunth Aqua Products
- Biwater Holdings Limited
Global Water Desalination Plant Market: Research Scope
Global Water Desalination Plant Market, by Technology
- Reverse Osmosis (RO)
- Multi-stage Flash (MSF)
- Multi-effect distillation (MED)
Global Water Desalination Plant Market, by Application
- Paper Pulp
- Others (Leather, Defense, etc.)
Global Water Desalination Plant Market, by Source
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.