Global Wall Covering Materials Market: Introduction
- Wall covering materials improve the esthetic appeal of building structures and protect them from scratches and other extreme environmental elements. Wall covering materials can enhance the value, safety, and saleability of buildings, while needing little to no maintenance.
- Wall covering entails layering one material on top of another material, which protects walls and internal works of a building from excessive sunlight or water. Wall covering materials provide thermal insulation to exterior façade, and preserve internal heat load state. These materials can also feature an acoustic barrier against noisy social conditions outside the building. Wall cladding helps protect a building from exterior damage.
- Traditionally, wall covering materials include stones, paints, tiles, and bricks. Several modern variants consist of ceramics; concrete fibers; wood & wood composites; fiber reinforced plastic; glass reinforced concrete panels; and metals such as zinc, steel, copper, and aluminum composites.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers of Global Wall Covering Materials Market
- Demand for wall covering materials has been rising across the globe, led by an increase in housing requirements for the expanding global population. This has boosted the construction of smart city projects and infrastructure development projects in various countries. Global construction spending activity is likely to expand in areas including single-family construction, residential refurbishment, and educational facilities in the near future. Demand for wall covering materials is expected to increase substantially, particularly in new construction, during the forecast period due to their enhanced esthetic appeal.
- Demand for traditional wall covering materials is anticipated to be low in the construction industry in the near future, as these materials are highly energy intensive. Demand for more sustainable variants of wall covering materials such as metal or wood composites is estimated to increase in the construction industry during the forecast period.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Global Wall Covering Materials Market: Key Product Segments
- Based on product type, the global wall covering materials market can be divided into concrete, brick, metal, fiber cement, wood, vinyl, stone, tile, fabric, and others
- Fiber cement wall covering materials possess unique characteristics of less water absorption ratio, termite resistance, fire resistance, and minimal sound insulation. These features of fiber cement make it a suitable option for exterior applications.
- Vinyl based wall coverings are durable, nonporous, stain-resistant, and easy to clean & disinfect. These attributes make them compatible in health care environments and other public spaces where infection control is of utmost importance.
- Demand for metal wall covering materials is likely to increase for exterior applications, particularly in the commercial construction segment, by 2030. For instance, aluminum-based wall coverings tend to be lightweight and UV & weather resistant, with quick installation capabilities, longer lifecycle, and less maintenance.
Global Wall Covering Materials Market: Key Application and End-use Segments
- Based on application, the global wall covering materials market can be bifurcated into interior and exterior. In terms of end-uses, the market can be segregated into residential construction, non-residential construction, and commercial construction.
- In terms of demand, the exterior segment is anticipated to expand substantially in the near future. Wall covering materials protect the mechanical structure of a building amid varying weather conditions. These materials also reduce the volume of water that is being absorbed.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Wall Covering Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global wall covering materials market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific has been experiencing high rate of industrialization and urbanization along with growth in population. Increase in construction and infrastructure development in India’s tier-II and III cities, spurred by various central & state government and municipal corporation initiatives, is likely to boost the demand for wall covering materials. India has been witnessing significant interest from international investors in the infrastructure space, led by the ongoing government, social, and public mega infrastructure projects.
- China is redefining the urban landscape by creating new cities. The country plans to create 19 gigantic urban clusters (supercities) by strengthening the links among cities to achieve greater urbanization. This is estimated to propel the wall covering materials market in Asia Pacific region in the near future.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global wall covering materials market was fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Adfors (Saint Gobain)
- All American Exterior Solutions
- Ahlstrom-Munksj Oyj
- Asian Paints Limited (APL)
- Benjamin Moore & Co
- Brewster Home Fashion
- Grandeco Wallfashion Group
- J. Josephson Inc.
- Nippon Paint Holdings Co. Ltd
- Roysons Corporation
- Schumacher (F.) & Company
- Vescom BV
- Walker Greenbank PLC
- York Wallcoverings Incorporated
- 3A Composites Holding AG
- James Hardie Australia Pty. Ltd.
- Jindal Mechno Bricks Pvt. Ltd.
- Jyi Shyang Industrial Co., Ltd.
Global Wall Covering Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Wall Covering Materials Market, by Product Type
- Fiber Cement
Global Wall Covering Materials Market, by Application
Global Wall Covering Materials Market, by End-use
- Residential Construction
- Non-residential Construction
- Educational Institutions
- Health Care
- Commercial Construction
- Office Spaces
- Malls & Supermarkets
- Leisure & Hospitality
Global Wall Covering Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.