Wafer Back Grinding Tape for Surface Protection of Semiconductor Wafers
- The wafer back grinding is process of reducing wafer thickness for packaging of integrated circuits. Wafer back grinding tapes are applicable for surface protection of semiconductor wafers during back grinding process.
- These tapes help to hold packages during dicing process. Moreover, this can be easily removed from wafer without stress using irradiation technique. They are also used in wide area material, not only semiconductor wafer, but also sapphire, glass, ceramics, and others.
- The wafer back grinding tapes constitute of two-ply construction of adhesive layer and backing film. It offers various advantages including overall cost reduction, prevention of wafer from breakage, and wafer surface protection.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure
Key Drivers of Global Wafer Back Grinding Tape Market
- Demand for wafer back grinding tapes is expected to increase, owing to rise in need of semiconductor wafer fabrication for production of photonic and electrical circuits. These are expected to be key factors driving the global wafer back grinding tape market during the forecast period.
- Wafer fabrication helps in building components for various products such as smartphones, television amplifiers, optical computer components, and other electronic components. Moreover, increase in consumer electronics market indirectly drives the demand for wafer back grinding tape. This factor is expected to fuel the global Wafer back grinding tape market during the forecast period.
- Companies operating in the global wafer back grinding tape market are investing to expand their product portfolios and improve their distribution networks. They have adopted strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, development of new products, joint ventures, and expansions to cater to increase in demand for wafer back grinding tape in different regions. For instance, in April 2017, LINTEC Corporation, introduced the Back Grinding Tape Laminator “RAD-3520F/12”, to protect the circuit surface of the wafer during the back grinding.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
UV Wafer Back Grinding Tape Segment to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- The UV type segment of wafer back grinding tape market expected to grow at highest CAGR rate during forecast period
- The UV wafer back grinding tapes are used in a diverse range of materials. Moreover, these wafer back grinding tapes offer various advantages such as surface protection, easy de-taping, and strong adhesive strength.
- These factors are expected to increase the demand of the UV wafer back grinding tape during the forecast period.
Limited Usage for Emerging Applications Can Hinder Market Growth
- Wafer back grinding tapes are applicable in back grinding process for reducing wafers from their original thickness to a diminished thickness suitable for final packaging of die after dicing.
- However, the usage of back grinding tape is limited for the assembly of ultra-thin cheap. This is expected to restrain the usage of the wafer back grinding tapes.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Wafer Back Grinding Tape Market
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of wafer back grinding tape, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key markets in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries account for major share of the wafer back grinding tape market in the region. Increase in demand for wafer back grinding tapes in Asia Pacific can be attributed to continued increase in industrialization and rise in need of the consumer electronics in the region.
- An increase in investments for the production of the various electronics components has been observed in developing countries of Asia Pacific region. This is expected to drive the demand of wafer back grinding tapes required for electronics assembly and semiconductor packaging.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global wafer back grinding tape market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 25%–35% of the market share. A few of the key players operating in the global wafer back grinding tape market are:
- FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- Sumitomo Bakelite Co., Ltd.
- Mitsui Chemicals America, Inc.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- LINTEC Corporation
- Loadpoint Limited
- Denka Company Limited
- Pantech Tape Co. Ltd
- NEPTCO, Inc.
Global Wafer Back Grinding Tape Market: Research Scope
Global Wafer Back Grinding Tape Market, by Type
Global Wafer Back Grinding Tape Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.