A virtual power plant is a system that integrates several types of power sources to provide reliable overall power supply. A virtual power plant includes a central IT control system and distributed energy resources. Energy operators are adopting virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service, as it is more reliable, accurate, and it offers highly optimized planning and dispatch.
Rising adoption of virtual power network (VPP) across the globe is a key factor driving the virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service market. Utilities and power grid operators are adopting VPP, as if offers smart solution for operation management. The virtual power plant (VPP) is a network of decentralized power generating units. The VPP is designed to release the load on the grid by smartly distributing the power generated by the individual units during the peak load period. Big data architecture, advanced analytics, and machine learning (ML) are expected to create significant opportunities to the market during the forecast period. Demand for virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service is expected to rise during the forecast period, as it reduces deployment costs owing to its modular architecture and easy configurability. Lack of awareness about virtual power plant (VPP) is projected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
The global virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service market can be segmented based on solution, application, enterprise size, end-user, and region. Based on solution, the market can be categorized into software and professional services. The software segment can be further sub-segmented into smart inverter management, storage co-optimization, data transfer and control, load management and forecasting, asset management and optimization, data visualization, and others. The professional services segment can further split into installation & integration, support & maintenance, and consulting & training.
Based on application, the market can be divided into residential, industrial, and commercial. In terms of enterprise size, the market can be bifurcated into small-medium enterprises (SMEs) and large enterprises. The large enterprises segment dominated the market, and the segment is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period. Based on end-user, the market can be split into renewal energy plant and nonrenewable energy plant energy. The renewable energy plant segment can be further sub-segmented into biomass, solar, wind, and hydroelectric energy. The nonrenewable energy plant segment can further split into natural gas, coal, and petroleum. The nonrenewable energy plant segment dominates the global market.
Based on region, the global virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service market can be segmented into North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2018, owing to high consumption of energy for industrial activities. The U.S. accounts for a major share, in terms of revenue, of the virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service market in North America. The U.S. is home to prominent petroleum and natural gas energy plants. According to data published by U.S. Energy Information Administration, in 2017, energy consumption by petroleum and natural gas in the U.S. accounted for 37% and 29%, respectively. Australia holds a major share of the market in Asia Pacific. AGL Energy Ltd, an energy provider based in Sydney, Australia, announced a 5 MW virtual-power-plant scheme for the city of Adelaide, in August 2016. For this, the company is expected to supply battery and photovoltaic systems from Sunverge Energy, Inc., a U.S.-based company that integrates solar, storage, and smart controls in order to maximize value for both electricity consumers and providers.
The companies in the market focus on offering better customer experiences. Technological developments in networking also increase competitiveness. Key companies operating in the global virtual power plant (VPP) software as a service market are GreenSync Pty Ltd., Next Kraftwerke GmbH, Viridity Energy, 3. Sunverge Energy, Inc., Energy & meteo systems GmbH, Solvera Lynx, AutoGrid Systems, Enbala Networks, Advanced Microgrid Solutions, and Green Charge Networks.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.