Volute Pumps: Introduction
- A volute pump is a type of centrifugal pump that is designed to move a fluid with the help of impellers. Its works on the principle of transfer of rotational energy. Rapidly entering fluid rotates the impeller along its axis and thus, centrifugal force produced due to the impeller’s action casts out the entering fluid through the impeller’s vane tips. The fluids velocity and pressure increases due to the impeller’s action and subsequently, high velocity, pressure fluid is directed toward the pump outlet. The volute shaped pump casing is specially designed to constrict the fluid from pump inlet and direct it to the impeller, thereby slowing down and controlling the fluid before discharge.
- The pump’s name is derived from the shape of its casing, which is volute shaped. The design of the volute pump offers low cost solutions to most low pressure, high capacity pumping applications involving low viscosity fluids such as water, solvents, chemicals, and light oils.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Volute Pumps
- The global construction industry expanded by 3.0% in 2019, after 3.5% in 2018, and 2.7% in 2017. According to the Statista (statistics portal for market data), the number of sold HVAC units is likely to surpass 151 million in 2024. In 2019, the most HVAC units were sold to the public sector, and the public sector accounted for around 33% share of the HVAC market. Most commonly used pump in HVAC system is the volute pump. Volute pumps possess more efficiency and offer less pressure losses, as compared to positive displacement pumps. These factors are anticipated to boost the global volute pumps market during the forecast period.
- Prices of raw materials required for the manufacturing of volute pumps have been increasing at a rapid pace worldwide for the last few years. This factor is anticipated to create a challenging environment for the global volute pumps market during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Mining
- Governments of several countries across the globe have imposed stringent lockdowns to limit the spread of the coronavirus. Movement of individuals and economic activities, related to goods and services, have come to a halt because of lockdowns. Some mines were temporarily closed due to lack of personnel, as volute pumps handle and withstand high abrasive slurries from mining. Consequently, closure of mines hampered the global volute pumps market.
Volute Pumps Market Segmentation
- The global volute pumps market can be segmented based on product, type, number of stages, application, and end-use
- In terms of product, the global volute pumps market can be bifurcated into metallic pump and concrete pump
- In terms of type, the global volute pumps market can be segregated into single suction and double suction
- In terms of number of stages, the global volute pumps market can be split into single stage and double stage
- In terms of application, the global volute pumps market can be classified into irrigation schemes, drainage, seawater intake, flood control, cooling water, and others
- In terms of end-use, the global volute pumps market can be segmented into water & waste water treatment, agriculture & lift irrigation, chemicals, building services, oil & gas, and others. Certain countries such as India and China have introduced regulations enabling the private sector to actively engage in water and wastewater treatment. Thus, the water and waste water treatment segment is anticipated to expand at rapid pace during the forecast period.
Volute Pumps Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global volute pumps market can be split into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- According to BP Statistical Review, North America was the second-largest producer of oil and the largest producer of gas in the world in 2019. It achieved this feat through increase in production of shale oil & gas in the U.S. This has resulted in the U.S. becoming a leading exporter of crude oil for the first time in a decade. Application of volute pumps at pumping station for pumping oil is estimated to drive the volute pumps market in that region.
- In Asia Pacific, The Government of India has proposed reforms in the mining sector by amending the Mines and Mineral (Development and Regulation) Act, 1957. Favorable government policies and rise in investment in the mining sector are anticipated to boost the volute pumps market in the region, as volute pumps are primarily employed to pump water containing solid debris. Furthermore, from a safety point of view, elimination of solid debris is essential step in the mining process.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
- Kubota Pump
- Shanghai Kai Quan Pump (Group) Co. Ltd.
- Sulzer Ltd.
- Watson-Marlow Inc.
- GRUNDFOS Holding A/S
- Kirloskar Brothers Limited
- Watson-Marlow Inc.
- Gardner Denver, Inc.
- Flowserve Corporation
- Honda Kiko Co Ltd
- WPIL Limited
- Andritz AG, Sulzer Ltd.
- Kaiquan Group
- Watson-Marlow Fluid Technology Group
Global Volute Pumps Market: Research Scope
Global Volute Pumps Market, by Product
- Metallic Pump
- Concrete Pump
Global Volute Pumps Market, by Type
- Single Suction
- Double Suction
Global Volute Pumps Market, by Number of Stages
- Single Stage
- Double Stage
Global Volute Pumps Market, by Application
- Irrigation Schemes
- Seawater Intake
- Flood Control
- Cooling Water
Global Volute Pumps Market, by End-use
- Water & Waste Water Treatment
- Agriculture & Lift Irrigation
- Building Services
- Oil & Gas
Global Volute Pumps Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.