Global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market: Introduction
Volatile corrosion inhibitor films have anti-corrosion properties that offer protection to products being packaged. These films eliminate the requirement of oil and grease and are used as protective packaging material for the transportation of metal products. These volatile corrosion inhibitor films are moisture resistant, which keeps them clean & dry and eliminates the possibilities of the formation of rust on the surface of the product. In addition, the amine-free and nitrate-free features of these products make them non-reactive with food products. Thus, they are used for packaging the components used in food processing machines.
Global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market: Dynamics
The demand for packaging films that are used to protect metal surfaces from corrosion, cavities and crevices is on the rise and volatile corrosion inhibitor films have protective features. Methods such as galvanization and painting are used to prevent the product from rust, however, the application of these coatings increases the manufacturing cost of products. Moreover, the application of paint as well as galvanizing requires the usage of machines as well as labour and adds the cost of the paint to the manufacturing cost, which also increases the cost of products. Therefore, manufacturers find coating products with volatile corrosion inhibitor films to be more cost-effective in comparison.
Volatile corrosion inhibitor films are widely used in the automobile industry to package metal products such as spark plugs, gears, shafts and others. Therefore, there is an increase in the consumption of volatile corrosion inhibitor films for automotive parts, and this is fuelling the volatile corrosion inhibitor films market. Anti-static properties of volatile corrosion inhibitor films make them suitable for packaging electrical and electronic products.
Inclination towards a sustainable solution is encouraging manufacturers to use volatile corrosion inhibitor paper as packaging material over volatile corrosion inhibitor films. Volatile corrosion inhibitor papers are eco-friendly, non-toxic, recyclable and repulpable. Packaging manufacturers of volatile corrosion inhibitors are providing a wide range of volatile corrosion paper such as barrier coated, anti-static, grease resistant and others that have similar properties as that of films. These properties of volatile corrosion inhibitor papers are increasing their preference over films, which is restraining the growth of the market.
Global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market: Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market is segmented into:
- Gusted films
- Bubble films
- Elasticated films
- Shrink film
On the basis of application type, the global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market is segmented into:
- Bags & pouches
- Flat bags
- Gusted bags
On the basis of end use, the global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market is segmented into:
- Automotive industry
- Electrical & electronics industry
Global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market: Key players
Some of the key players of the global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market are Cortec Group Management Services, LLC; BRANOpac India Pvt. Ltd.; Armor Protective Packaging; Transilwrap Company, Inc. and Oji F-Tex Co., Ltd.
Global volatile corrosion inhibitor films market: Regional overview
The volatile corrosion inhibitor films market is segmented into seven key regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
In North America, key manufacturers of volatile corrosion inhibitor films are looking towards developing sustainable volatile corrosion inhibitor films. Daubert Cromwell, a leading market player, has produced volatile corrosion inhibitor films that are made up of bio-based material. The company is producing this bio-based film under the brand name “Clearpak Bio.” Initiatives such as these are expected to increase the preference of volatile corrosion inhibitor films over paper. In Europe, the volatile corrosion inhibitor films market is expected to witness slow growth during the forecast period. In Asia Pacific, there is high demand for volatile corrosion inhibitor films and it is expected to remain high up to the end of 2028.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.