Global Voice over WiFi Market: Introduction
- Voice over WiFi allows users to make calls over a wireless Internet connection instead of a cellular network. Rapid increase in users of broadband Internet services, especially in the residential segment, and widespread use of smartphones are fueling the demand for voice over WiFi.
Global Voice over WiFi Market: Dynamics
- Growth in Internet and Smartphone Users
- Rapid growth of availability of WiFi across the globe has helped establish the communication infrastructure for voice over WiFi. Increasing usage of WiFi is also fueling the expectation of end-users for quality, convenience, and cost savings from communication service providers.
- Additionally, rise in number of users of smartphones has boosted the global voice over WiFi market. Easy access to Internet or WiFi in a smartphone with improved network connectivity has propelled the demand for voice over WiFi. According to the Cisco Visual Network Index, smatphone users across the globe are expected to reach 6.7 billion in 2022 compared to 4.3 billion in 2017.
North America Dominated Global Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global voice over WiFi market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held dominant share of the global voice over WiFi market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in the region. Dominant position of North America in the global market can be ascribed to the high penetration of Internet and smartphone users in countries in the region.
- The voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries of the voice over WiFi market in the region. Increase in penetration of Internet and rise in purchasing power of consumers are some of the key factors driving the voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific. Rise in purchasing power of consumers has boosted the demand for smartphones. This is directly augmenitng the voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global voice over WiFi market are listed below:
- Oracle Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Aptilo Networks
- KT Corporation
- Mitel Networks Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- Ribbon Communications
Global Voice over WiFi Market: Research Scope
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Voice Client
- Integrated Voice over WiFi Client
- Separate Voice over WiFi Client
- Browser Voice over WiFi Client
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Voice Client
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Device Type
- Tablets and Laptops
- Other Device Types
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Device Type
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Region
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.