Global Voice over WiFi Market: Introduction
- Voice over WiFi allows users to make calls over a wireless Internet connection instead of a cellular network. Rapid increase in users of broadband Internet services, especially in the residential segment, and widespread use of smartphones are fueling the demand for voice over WiFi.
Global Voice over WiFi Market: Dynamics
- Growth in Internet and Smartphone Users
- Rapid growth of availability of WiFi across the globe has helped establish the communication infrastructure for voice over WiFi. Increasing usage of WiFi is also fueling the expectation of end-users for quality, convenience, and cost savings from communication service providers.
- Additionally, rise in number of users of smartphones has boosted the global voice over WiFi market. Easy access to Internet or WiFi in a smartphone with improved network connectivity has propelled the demand for voice over WiFi. According to the Cisco Visual Network Index, smatphone users across the globe are expected to reach 6.7 billion in 2022 compared to 4.3 billion in 2017.
North America Dominated Global Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global voice over WiFi market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held dominant share of the global voice over WiFi market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in the region. Dominant position of North America in the global market can be ascribed to the high penetration of Internet and smartphone users in countries in the region.
- The voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are major countries of the voice over WiFi market in the region. Increase in penetration of Internet and rise in purchasing power of consumers are some of the key factors driving the voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific. Rise in purchasing power of consumers has boosted the demand for smartphones. This is directly augmenitng the voice over WiFi market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global voice over WiFi market are listed below:
- Oracle Corporation
- Cisco Systems Inc.
- Ericsson AB
- Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
- Aptilo Networks
- KT Corporation
- Mitel Networks Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- Ribbon Communications
Global Voice over WiFi Market: Research Scope
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Voice Client
- Integrated Voice over WiFi Client
- Separate Voice over WiFi Client
- Browser Voice over WiFi Client
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Voice Client
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Device Type
- Tablets and Laptops
- Other Device Types
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Device Type
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape , ask for a customized report
Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global Voice over WiFi Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.