Viscosity Reducer: Introduction
- Viscosity reducer is an organic polymer with inorganic affinity groups. It is a surfactant (contains an equal number of positively- and negatively-charged functional groups) that creates a water-external pseudo-emulsion when mixed with viscous crudes and reduces the apparent viscosity of the crude by several orders of magnitude.
- Viscosity is primarily the resistance or obstacle offered during the flow of fluids due to the natural presence of internal friction between the particles. Fluid with high viscosity resists motion, as its molecular design offers a significant amount of internal friction. The physical importance of viscosity can be understood by the example of addition of turpentine into paints so that the paints become thinner, less viscous, and suitable for use. High viscosity is undesirable in several applications, as it reduces work efficiency.
- Viscosity reducers, also known as the drag reducing agents, are additives that reduce turbulence and improve the flow of fluids. Viscosity reducing agents are extensively utilized in oil pipelines to improve the flow capacity and subsequently, enhance productivity. They also reduce energy losses in pipelines. On crude oil exploration and production sites, raw crude oil is highly viscous and thick in nature.
- The process to pump this heavy crude oil from the source becomes highly energy intensive. The addition of viscosity reducer reduces the viscosity of crude oil and consequently, the power required to pump it. This leads to enhanced production efficiency of the plant along with decrease in production costs. Use of viscosity reducer agents also increases the overall operating life of transportation system of oil industries.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Viscosity Reducer Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Viscosity Reducer Market
- Rise in demand for viscosity reducer in the global market can be attributed to the intrinsic benefits from their use. Viscosity reducer provides an economic and efficient way of material transportation over a pipeline network. Viscosity reducer plays a crucial role in various industries, especially in the oil & gas and petrochemical industries, wherein the transportation of viscous crude oil is carried out with the help of large pipeline networks.
- There has been a strong move by industries to switch to chemicals that are eco-friendly and stable in nature. Use of eco-products is expected to act as catalyst for growth of the viscosity reducer market.
- However, the viscosity reducer market depends on other industries, and their demand becomes a function of performance of other industries in the global market
Viscosity Reducer: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global viscosity reducer market can be segmented into oil & gas, building and construction, paints and coating, pharmaceutical, chemical, and others
- The oil & gas segment is projected to hold a major share of the global viscosity reducer market, owing to an increase in the demand and usage of viscosity reducer in the transportation of viscous crude oil in this sector
COVID-19 Impact on Viscosity Reducer Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the viscosity reducer market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Viscosity Reducer Market
- In terms of region, the global viscosity reducer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a significant share of the global viscosity reducer market. Significant demand for viscosity reducer exists in developed regions owing to their proficient use to increase efficiency across various process industries. In developing countries, the market for viscosity reducing agents is expected to expand due to technological advancements and growing industrialization.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Viscosity Reducer Market
The global viscosity reducer market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global viscosity reducer market include:
- NuGeneration Technologies
- Pon Pure Chemicals
- Cangzhou Xinchang Chemical Corporation
- Puyuan Honestar MF
- Tianjin Hero-Land S&T Development
- Shandong Shenyu Mechanical Manufacture
- Rutland Group
- Changzhou Jiahua Chemical
- Guangzhou Print Area Technology
- Chemical Centre (India)
- Lidegao Science & Technology
- Srivilas Hydrotech
- Rajukesh Industries
Global Viscosity Reducer Market: Research Scope
Global Viscosity Reducer Market, by Type
Global Viscosity Reducer Market, by End-use
- Oil and Gas
- Building and Construction
- Paints and Coating
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.