Viscosity Reducer: Introduction
- Viscosity reducer is an organic polymer with inorganic affinity groups. It is a surfactant (contains an equal number of positively- and negatively-charged functional groups) that creates a water-external pseudo-emulsion when mixed with viscous crudes and reduces the apparent viscosity of the crude by several orders of magnitude.
- Viscosity is primarily the resistance or obstacle offered during the flow of fluids due to the natural presence of internal friction between the particles. Fluid with high viscosity resists motion, as its molecular design offers a significant amount of internal friction. The physical importance of viscosity can be understood by the example of addition of turpentine into paints so that the paints become thinner, less viscous, and suitable for use. High viscosity is undesirable in several applications, as it reduces work efficiency.
- Viscosity reducers, also known as the drag reducing agents, are additives that reduce turbulence and improve the flow of fluids. Viscosity reducing agents are extensively utilized in oil pipelines to improve the flow capacity and subsequently, enhance productivity. They also reduce energy losses in pipelines. On crude oil exploration and production sites, raw crude oil is highly viscous and thick in nature.
- The process to pump this heavy crude oil from the source becomes highly energy intensive. The addition of viscosity reducer reduces the viscosity of crude oil and consequently, the power required to pump it. This leads to enhanced production efficiency of the plant along with decrease in production costs. Use of viscosity reducer agents also increases the overall operating life of transportation system of oil industries.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Viscosity Reducer Market
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Viscosity Reducer Market
- Rise in demand for viscosity reducer in the global market can be attributed to the intrinsic benefits from their use. Viscosity reducer provides an economic and efficient way of material transportation over a pipeline network. Viscosity reducer plays a crucial role in various industries, especially in the oil & gas and petrochemical industries, wherein the transportation of viscous crude oil is carried out with the help of large pipeline networks.
- There has been a strong move by industries to switch to chemicals that are eco-friendly and stable in nature. Use of eco-products is expected to act as catalyst for growth of the viscosity reducer market.
- However, the viscosity reducer market depends on other industries, and their demand becomes a function of performance of other industries in the global market
Viscosity Reducer: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global viscosity reducer market can be segmented into oil & gas, building and construction, paints and coating, pharmaceutical, chemical, and others
- The oil & gas segment is projected to hold a major share of the global viscosity reducer market, owing to an increase in the demand and usage of viscosity reducer in the transportation of viscous crude oil in this sector
COVID-19 Impact on Viscosity Reducer Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This is expected to hamper the viscosity reducer market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Viscosity Reducer Market
- In terms of region, the global viscosity reducer market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for a significant share of the global viscosity reducer market. Significant demand for viscosity reducer exists in developed regions owing to their proficient use to increase efficiency across various process industries. In developing countries, the market for viscosity reducing agents is expected to expand due to technological advancements and growing industrialization.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Viscosity Reducer Market
The global viscosity reducer market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global viscosity reducer market include:
- NuGeneration Technologies
- Pon Pure Chemicals
- Cangzhou Xinchang Chemical Corporation
- Puyuan Honestar MF
- Tianjin Hero-Land S&T Development
- Shandong Shenyu Mechanical Manufacture
- Rutland Group
- Changzhou Jiahua Chemical
- Guangzhou Print Area Technology
- Chemical Centre (India)
- Lidegao Science & Technology
- Srivilas Hydrotech
- Rajukesh Industries
Global Viscosity Reducer Market: Research Scope
Global Viscosity Reducer Market, by Type
Global Viscosity Reducer Market, by End-use
- Oil and Gas
- Building and Construction
- Paints and Coating
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.