Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market - Introduction
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), also known as desktop virtualization, is defined as the hosting of a desktop structure on a central server. Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) facilitates convenient and secure remote access that helps to improve productivity of employees. Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) can also be managed and run alongside the developing spectrum of cloud or web, and mobile apps.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) enhances and supports user flexibility and remote access, as a uniform desktop can be accessed almost from any compatible and approved endpoint in any location.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
Lockdown due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across major regions such as Europe, Asia, and North America, has a fairly positive impact on the virtual desktop infrastructure market. Nowadays, organizations have closed their offices in their respective locations and forced their employees to work from home owing to the spread of the COVID-19. This is positively impacting the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure worldwide.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Increase in Demand for Virtualization across Enterprises Worldwide Driving the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- The advantages of virtual desktop infrastructure includes workforce mobility, centralized management, and also reduced levels of data security threats. In addition, desktop virtualization helps to save authentic data sets and relies on remote servers or data centers. Virtualization for an enterprise combines storage, server, desktop, and application virtualization technologies to build a more cost-effective and flexible infrastructure. It also eases the utilization of applications, servers, and client systems, and covers the approach to dynamically control & manage IT environments. Virtualization combined with cloud computing empower efficient resource utilization and reduced spending on operating systems & multiple applications on the same server.
- Virtualization offers effective business operations & better scalability, which helps to boost the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure, thereby supplementing the growth of the market.
Rapid Growing Adoption of Cloud-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solutions: An Opportunity
- Rapidly growing cloud computing applications such as server accessibility, database storage, and wide-ranging application services over the internet enhances the market growth. Various enterprises are focusing on easy & flexible cloud-based desktop virtualization solutions to improve employee productivity. Thus, the various features of cloud-based solutions are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Low Awareness about the Importance of Desktop Virtualization Hampering the Market
- Lack of training and awareness among end-users about the importance of desktop virtualization is the biggest inhibitor to the market worldwide. Organizations do not impart appropriate training to educate their employees about virtual desktop infrastructure to decrease the level of data threats. This is expected to hinder the growth prospects of the virtual desktop infrastructure market during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- In terms of region, the global virtual desktop infrastructure market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global virtual desktop infrastructure market during the forecast period due to improved security (centralization of IT functions), and enterprises focusing on increasing employee productivity, indicating potential growth of the virtual desktop infrastructure market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for virtual desktop infrastructure from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for virtual desktop infrastructure during the forecast period due to increasing emphasis on workspace-as-a-service (WaaS), specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Computacenter Plc
- Dell Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Netelligent Corporation
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- VMware, Inc.
- WorldDesk Ltd.
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market: Research Scope
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Solutions
- Software/ Platform
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Deployment
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by End-user
- Banking Financial & Services
- IT & Telecom
- Others (Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utilities, etc.)
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.