Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market - Introduction
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), also known as desktop virtualization, is defined as the hosting of a desktop structure on a central server. Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) facilitates convenient and secure remote access that helps to improve productivity of employees. Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) can also be managed and run alongside the developing spectrum of cloud or web, and mobile apps.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) enhances and supports user flexibility and remote access, as a uniform desktop can be accessed almost from any compatible and approved endpoint in any location.
Impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
Lockdown due to an increase in the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) across major regions such as Europe, Asia, and North America, has a fairly positive impact on the virtual desktop infrastructure market. Nowadays, organizations have closed their offices in their respective locations and forced their employees to work from home owing to the spread of the COVID-19. This is positively impacting the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure worldwide.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Increase in Demand for Virtualization across Enterprises Worldwide Driving the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- The advantages of virtual desktop infrastructure includes workforce mobility, centralized management, and also reduced levels of data security threats. In addition, desktop virtualization helps to save authentic data sets and relies on remote servers or data centers. Virtualization for an enterprise combines storage, server, desktop, and application virtualization technologies to build a more cost-effective and flexible infrastructure. It also eases the utilization of applications, servers, and client systems, and covers the approach to dynamically control & manage IT environments. Virtualization combined with cloud computing empower efficient resource utilization and reduced spending on operating systems & multiple applications on the same server.
- Virtualization offers effective business operations & better scalability, which helps to boost the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure, thereby supplementing the growth of the market.
Rapid Growing Adoption of Cloud-based Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Solutions: An Opportunity
- Rapidly growing cloud computing applications such as server accessibility, database storage, and wide-ranging application services over the internet enhances the market growth. Various enterprises are focusing on easy & flexible cloud-based desktop virtualization solutions to improve employee productivity. Thus, the various features of cloud-based solutions are expected to drive the market growth during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Low Awareness about the Importance of Desktop Virtualization Hampering the Market
- Lack of training and awareness among end-users about the importance of desktop virtualization is the biggest inhibitor to the market worldwide. Organizations do not impart appropriate training to educate their employees about virtual desktop infrastructure to decrease the level of data threats. This is expected to hinder the growth prospects of the virtual desktop infrastructure market during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Major Share of the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- In terms of region, the global virtual desktop infrastructure market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to account for major share of the global virtual desktop infrastructure market during the forecast period due to improved security (centralization of IT functions), and enterprises focusing on increasing employee productivity, indicating potential growth of the virtual desktop infrastructure market in the region. Europe is expected to be the second largest market for virtual desktop infrastructure from 2020 to 2030.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a rapidly growing market for virtual desktop infrastructure during the forecast period due to increasing emphasis on workspace-as-a-service (WaaS), specifically in India, Japan, and China.
Key Players Operating in the Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Citrix Systems, Inc.
- Computacenter Plc
- Dell Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Netelligent Corporation
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Tata Consultancy Services
- VMware, Inc.
- WorldDesk Ltd.
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market: Research Scope
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Solutions
- Software/ Platform
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Deployment
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Enterprise Size
- Small & Medium Enterprise
- Large Enterprise
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by End-user
- Banking Financial & Services
- IT & Telecom
- Others (Media & Entertainment, Energy & Utilities, etc.)
Global Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.