Global Virtual Cards Market: Introduction
A virtual card is a digital payment system that functions as a token, and is used for electronic payments and mobile orders. Credentials are created automatically by a method called tokenization, and the cards come with built-in financial controls to finance the card for either single-use or multi-purpose transactions.
The lock-down issued by governments of various countries due to the Coronavirus has a detrimental effect on the financial sector. The number of electronic payment transactions or digital payment transfers has decreased from both enterprises and customers as a consequence of the lockdown, which directly impacts the virtual card industry at a global scale.
Global Virtual Cards Market: Dynamics
- Streamlining of Virtual Card Payment Methods
- Switching to virtual cards makes online shopping secure and easy, and reduces the possibility of crime. While purchasing online, workers essentially locate the object they would like to purchase and send a request to their manager for approval. The manager then produces a virtual certificate for the amount ordered and gives it to the employee who puts the information on the billing screen at checkout. In such a situation, the organization retains complete access and power over the sales method, whilst the employee has the right and autonomy to perform the transaction as normal.
North America Led the Global Market in 2019
- Based on region, the global virtual cards market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America held a dominant share of the global virtual cards market in 2019. It is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are the major countries that drive the market in this region. The significant presence of market leaders and trend of early adoption of technology are some of the key factors for the growth of the market.
- The virtual cards market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. China, India, and Japan are some of the major countries which drive the market in this region. Rising government initatives to encourage digital payments and extensive usage of smartphones are some of the key factors which accelerate the market in this region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key players operating in the global virtual cards market are listed below:
- Abine, Inc.
- American Express Company
- Billtrust, Inc.
- CSI (Corporate Spending Innovations)
- Divipay PTY Ltd.
- Emburse, LLC
- Fraedom Holdings Limited
- JP Morgan Chase
- Marqeta Inc
- Mastercard Incorporated
- MineralTree, Inc.
- WEX Inc.
- Wirecard AG
Global Virtual Cards Market: Research Scope
Global Virtual Cards Market, by Product Type
- B2B Virtual Cards
- B2C Remote Payment Virtual Cards
- B2C POS Virtual Cards
Figure: Global Virtual Cards Market, by Product Type
Global Virtual Cards Market, by End-user
- Consumer Use
- Business Use
Global Virtual Cards Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Figure: Global Virtual Cards Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.