Virtual and Augmented Reality Market
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market (Component: Hardware, Software, and Services; and Industry: Healthcare, Education, Retail & eCommerce, Gaming, Construction, Media & Entertainment, Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Virtual Shopping Grows Prominent During Ongoing Coronavirus Crisis
Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technologies are scaling during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Virtual shopping is a fast growing phenomenon, which is creating revenue opportunities for companies in the virtual and augmented reality market. With the help of AR systems, individuals can shop for products and see how they look inside their home. However, manufacturers in the virtual and augmented reality market need to consider travel and trade restrictions in countries hit by the third wave of coronavirus such as in Canada, India, Germany, and Brazil.
Virtual shopping has emerged as one of the most profitable business models during the pandemic, which allows people to buy furniture by browsing a retailer online. Virtual catalogues and video-format customer reviews are boosting product sales. Customers are choosing apparel using AR systems.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Virtual and Augmented Reality Market
Lack of Proven Business Models Needs Focus of App Developers
The virtual and augmented reality market is projected to advance at an astonishing CAGR of ~39% during the forecast period. However, challenges in the AR app development need to be addressed by startups and companies in the highly competitive market landscape. The lack of proven business models and AR app design & development standards is emerging as hurdles for companies. Despite these challenges, companies are focused on expanding the user experience and make it more convenient for individuals. Moreover, endless business opportunities in education, entertainment, and gaming are helping companies to overlook the challenges in the AR app development.
Companies in the virtual and augmented reality market are increasing their focus in AR navigation apps to simplify movement in cities.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Digitized Classroom Sessions Help Increase Attention Span of Students
VR is transforming the education landscape. In order to increase the attention span of students, VR has the potential to transport students from their classrooms to Roman ruins and allow them to mix volatile chemicals in science class without the hassle of handling costly lab equipment. Digitized classroom sessions are translating into revenue opportunities for startups and companies in the virtual and augmented reality market.
Software company vSpatial highlights that digitized classroom sessions are allowing teachers to create detailed recordings of lessons with the help of 360 Degree cameras. Companies in the virtual and augmented reality market are increasing awareness about digitized classroom sessions in case a student misses a class, who is able to use VR recordings to keep pace with other students.
VR Gaming Systems Offering Real-life Experience, Comfort to Users
VR gaming sets have gauged high sales during the coronavirus outbreak worldwide. Such trends are generating incremental opportunities for companies in the virtual and augmented reality market and has led to the popularity of Oculus Quest All-in-One VR gaming system that includes a headset, two touch controllers, 15W adaptor, and AA batteries.
Manufacturers in the virtual and augmented reality market are increasing the availability of VR gaming sets that are designed to be balanced, adjustable, and comfortable for users. These gaming sets are offering a real-life experience to users with the help of VR headsets.
AR Helps to Showcase 3D Construction Models to Clients for Prior Understanding
The ever-increasing construction industry is creating business opportunities for companies in the virtual and augmented reality market. AR is being used for project planning, project presentation as well as for communications in the construction industry. AR is making it possible for architects, engineers, contractors, and builders to layer certain details & elements onto a building plan so that stakeholders obtain a better understanding of the project.
Companies in the virtual and augmented reality market are leveraging growth opportunities in the construction industry, as engineers and contractors are able to showcase 3D (3 dimensional) models and even provide tours, which give clients a solid idea of what the building would look like after completion.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Virtual and Augmented Reality Market
Digitized classroom sessions from the comfort of home have been prominent during the COVID-19 pandemic, which has helped students and teachers gain classroom insights by recording & recreating real classroom sessions. The virtual and augmented reality market is expected to reach the value mark of US$ 1.7 Trn by the end of 2031. However, relatively low public acceptance toward AR and poor quality of VR content are emerging as challenges for retention of potential customers. Thus, with improvements in proven business models and industry standards, companies should focus on continuously improving the user experience, and make AR and VR technologies more convenient for users.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market: Overview
- The latest research report published by Transparency Market Research pertains to the global virtual and augmented reality market for the historical period of 2018–2019; 2020 is the actual year, and the forecast period is 2021-2031. Increasing penetration of tablet computers, smartphones, and technology implementation among enterprises, and the focus of vendors on price reduction of virtual and augmented reality devices are the key factors leading to the growth of the virtual and augmented reality market. Increasing application of virtual and augmented reality in verticals such as aerospace & defense, manufacturing, healthcare, education, gaming, construction, retail & eCommerce, media & entertainment, and automotive is anticipated to propel the market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global virtual and augmented reality market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 1.7 Trn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~ 39% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Virtual and Augmented Reality Devices and Applications in Healthcare Sector: A Key Driver of Market
- Virtual and augmented reality plays a vital role within the healthcare sector. Virtual and augmented reality technologies are used to deliver the virtual sight of a patient to a surgeon to help the surgeon conduct endoscopic surgery. Virtual and augmented reality technologies are used to build immersive mobile apps faster by using tools such as ARKit & AR core, which enables programmers to construct virtual and augmented reality apps for healthcare that sense their position in the physical environment and helps to display static or three dimensional models. The tool Unity is a powerful game engine and the platform to build virtual and augmented reality projects, and to render three dimensional elements superimposed in augmented reality experiences. The benefit of this tool is that it helps to create experiences for different platforms such as Windows, Android, IOS, Linux, and Mac. The use of virtual and augmented reality for training doctors, improving fitness, managing pharmacy, teaching difficult subjects to medical students, and caring & supporting patients once they leave the hospital are some of the major factors expected to boost the adoption of virtual and augmented reality in the healthcare sector during the forecast period.
- COVID-19 has effectively reset all the sectors. Presently, technology is the backbone of all sectors, as retail, manufacturing, education, etc., can use technology to provide touchless services to customers. Demand for mobile virtual and augmented reality has been increasing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Inclusion of AI with Virtual and Augmented Reality for Analytical Applications
- Artificial intelligence involves the use of the algorithm to analyze datasets and come up with real-time solutions for complex problems. VR and AR produce a large amount of datasets in the background while creating a virtual environment for the end user. Thus, by combining artificial intelligence-based image recognition and deep learning technology, developers would be able to draw insights on user thinking perspectives and manipulate the virtual environment as per user requirement. This would help the user to better involve/connect and experience the virtual environment. The application of both technologies is expected to increase in education, manufacturing, automotive, and aerospace sectors in the upcoming years.
- Thus, inclusion of artificial intelligence with virtual and augmented reality is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the virtual and augmented reality market during the forecast period
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of virtual and augmented reality have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global virtual and augmented reality market are
- Atheer, Inc.
- Barco N.V.
- Blippar.com Ltd.
- Dell Technologies Inc.
- EON Reality, Inc.
- Google, LLC
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- HP Development Company, L.P.
- HTC Corporation
- Magic Leap, Inc.
- Manus Machinae B.V.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Nokia Corporation
- Oculus VR LLC
- Qualcomm Incorporated
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC
- Vuzix Corporation
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of virtual and augmented reality, such as Oculus VR LLC, HTC Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Google LLC, and Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC, are focusing on the development of cost-effective and compact virtual and augmented reality to attract more customers. Additionally, players active in providing virtual and augmented reality are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger & acquisition activities with technology partners to improve their offerings and market reach.
- Some other key developments in the global virtual and augmented reality market are highlighted below:
- In October 2020, Lenovo Group Limited collaborated with Varjo Technologies, provider of virtual reality and mixed reality headset, to become a reseller of Varjo’s human-eye resolution VR and XR headsets
- In October 2020, Vuzix Corporation and Ohana One International Surgical Aid and Education launched the Virtual Surgical Sight Smart Glasses Program to improve the surgical process with advanced virtual technology
- In the global virtual and augmented reality market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of virtual and augmented reality. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global virtual and augmented reality market.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global virtual and augmented reality market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the virtual and augmented reality market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the virtual and augmented reality market is expected to progress during the forecast period of 2021-2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the virtual and augmented reality market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the virtual and augmented reality market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the virtual and augmented reality market, and estimates statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Bn) and volume (Thousand Units).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the virtual and augmented reality market, along with country analysis, key information, and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the virtual and augmented reality market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Virtual and Augmented Reality Market
The report provides detailed information about the virtual and augmented reality market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the virtual and augmented reality market, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which regions will continue to remain the most profitable regional markets for virtual and augmented reality market players?
- Which factors will induce a change in demand for virtual and augmented reality during the assessment period?
- How will changing trends impact the virtual and augmented reality market?
- How will COVID-19 impact the virtual and augmented reality market?
- How can market players capture low-hanging opportunities in the virtual and augmented reality market in developed regions?
- Which companies are leading the virtual and augmented reality market?
- What are the winning strategies of stakeholders in the virtual and augmented reality market to upscale their position in this landscape?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the virtual and augmented reality market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the virtual and augmented reality market?
Research Methodology – Virtual and Augmented Reality Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the virtual and augmented reality market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the virtual and augmented reality market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the virtual and augmented reality market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the virtual and augmented reality market.
Virtual and Augmented Reality Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the virtual and augmented reality market on the basis of component, industry, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the virtual and augmented reality market.