Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market: Overview
- Vinyl acetate homopolymer is also known as polyvinyl acetate (PVA) homopolymer. It belongs to the family of vinyl esters and it is a synthetic polymer. Vinyl acetate homopolymer provides an excellent base to rapid-setting and heat-resistant adhesives along with enhanced capacity in terms of water resistance. It is also used in adhesives and sealants in several applications such as white glues, paper bonding, wood glues, and household caulks. PVA-based adhesives are quite strong and they offer excellent adhesion to the applied surface.
Key Drivers of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Rising demand for low-VOC coatings is anticipated to be a major driver of the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market during the forecast period. Increasing investments in the construction industry and rising demand from the paints & coatings sector in developing countries such as China, Japan, India, and Indonesia are boosting the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market.
- In the U.S., investments in the construction sector rose by 2% in the year 2018. The U.S. Government has recently proposed an infrastructure plan in order to improve infrastructure framework and manage funds as well as regulations in order to expand the construction industry in the country. The government has set a target of over US$ 1.5 Trn of investments in infrastructure development. All these factors are likely to propel the demand for vinyl acetate homopolymer in the country during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
High Costs of Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer to Hamper Global Market
- Vinyl acetate homopolymer glues generally do not possess water resistance and hence, they are not suitable to be used in outdoor applications. This is likely to hamper the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market during the forecast period. Curing time of vinyl acetate homopolymer can extend to up to 24 hours, which is higher than that in case of other glues and adhesives.
Key Segments of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Among applications, the coatings segment is anticipated to account for a significant vinyl acetate homopolymer market share in 2018. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is also used as an adhesive in porous materials in paper, wood, and cloth and as a consolidating agent in building stone, particularly sandstone. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is used in veterinary medicines, polymeric and resinous coatings, etc.
- Among end-use industries, the building & construction segment is expected to hold a major share of the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market from 2019 to 2027. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is used as an adhesive in construction activities. It is gaining importance in the global construction industry, as it is highly suitable for use in the form of architectural coatings with a low level of VOC emissions. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is employed in construction mortars in order to bond large ceramic tiles. It is generally used in a powdered form to ease transportation and mixing operations at construction sites.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most rapidly expanding market for vinyl acetate homopolymer during the forecast period, due to booming building and construction activities in the region, especially in developing countries such as China, India, and Japan
- In Europe and North America, manufacturers are adopting the production of products with low VOC content, due to strict regulations on VOC emissions by various regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and European Chemical Agency (ECHA). This factor is fueling the demand for vinyl acetate homopolymer in these regions.
- In Europe, countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, and Italy are expected to be major consumers of vinyl acetate homopolymer in the near future. In North America, the market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- The vinyl acetate homopolymer market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, due to rise in construction activities and increasing demand for VOC-free paints and coatings in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global vinyl acetate homopolymer market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15%–20% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Synthomer Plc
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Puyang Yintai New Building Materials Co., Ltd.
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market: Research Scope
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by Application
- Wood Glues
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Paints & Coatings
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.