Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market: Overview
- Vinyl acetate homopolymer is also known as polyvinyl acetate (PVA) homopolymer. It belongs to the family of vinyl esters and it is a synthetic polymer. Vinyl acetate homopolymer provides an excellent base to rapid-setting and heat-resistant adhesives along with enhanced capacity in terms of water resistance. It is also used in adhesives and sealants in several applications such as white glues, paper bonding, wood glues, and household caulks. PVA-based adhesives are quite strong and they offer excellent adhesion to the applied surface.
Key Drivers of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Rising demand for low-VOC coatings is anticipated to be a major driver of the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market during the forecast period. Increasing investments in the construction industry and rising demand from the paints & coatings sector in developing countries such as China, Japan, India, and Indonesia are boosting the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market.
- In the U.S., investments in the construction sector rose by 2% in the year 2018. The U.S. Government has recently proposed an infrastructure plan in order to improve infrastructure framework and manage funds as well as regulations in order to expand the construction industry in the country. The government has set a target of over US$ 1.5 Trn of investments in infrastructure development. All these factors are likely to propel the demand for vinyl acetate homopolymer in the country during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
High Costs of Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer to Hamper Global Market
- Vinyl acetate homopolymer glues generally do not possess water resistance and hence, they are not suitable to be used in outdoor applications. This is likely to hamper the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market during the forecast period. Curing time of vinyl acetate homopolymer can extend to up to 24 hours, which is higher than that in case of other glues and adhesives.
Key Segments of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Among applications, the coatings segment is anticipated to account for a significant vinyl acetate homopolymer market share in 2018. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is also used as an adhesive in porous materials in paper, wood, and cloth and as a consolidating agent in building stone, particularly sandstone. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is used in veterinary medicines, polymeric and resinous coatings, etc.
- Among end-use industries, the building & construction segment is expected to hold a major share of the global vinyl acetate homopolymer market from 2019 to 2027. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is used as an adhesive in construction activities. It is gaining importance in the global construction industry, as it is highly suitable for use in the form of architectural coatings with a low level of VOC emissions. Vinyl acetate homopolymer is employed in construction mortars in order to bond large ceramic tiles. It is generally used in a powdered form to ease transportation and mixing operations at construction sites.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Europe to Hold a Major Share of Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the most rapidly expanding market for vinyl acetate homopolymer during the forecast period, due to booming building and construction activities in the region, especially in developing countries such as China, India, and Japan
- In Europe and North America, manufacturers are adopting the production of products with low VOC content, due to strict regulations on VOC emissions by various regulatory bodies such as the U.S. Environment Protection Agency (EPA) and European Chemical Agency (ECHA). This factor is fueling the demand for vinyl acetate homopolymer in these regions.
- In Europe, countries such as Germany, the U.K., France, and Italy are expected to be major consumers of vinyl acetate homopolymer in the near future. In North America, the market in the U.S. is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- The vinyl acetate homopolymer market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period, due to rise in construction activities and increasing demand for VOC-free paints and coatings in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global vinyl acetate homopolymer market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 15%–20% share of the global market. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Synthomer Plc
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Puyang Yintai New Building Materials Co., Ltd.
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market: Research Scope
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by Application
- Wood Glues
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Paints & Coatings
Global Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.