Video Capture Card Market
Video Capture Card Market (Host Interface: PCIe and USB; Input Interface: HDMI, SDI, SD, DP, and Others; Resolution: 4K 1080p, and Others; Type: Digital and Analog; Platform: PC, PlayStation, Mac, Xbox, and Others; Price: Low, Medium, and High; Video Type: Compressed and Uncompressed; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
China Adopts Mass Surveillance Tools to Track Spread of Coronavirus
Mass surveillance tools such as drones and CCTV (Closed-circuit Television) cameras are being used to monitor quarantined people and track the spread of the novel coronavirus. As such, China has taken the forefront to mobilize mass surveillance tools. Countries such as South Korea, Singapore, and Israel are also following suit to manage location-based video cameras and analyze credit card information to track COVID-19. However, privacy experts are raising questions whether or not the gathered data is being used for malpractices. Governments claim that video surveillance is in the interest of public health safety.
Private individuals in China claim to have photographic evidence of government authorities fixing CCTC equipment in front of their homes. Other countries are also using the video technology to track the coronavirus outbreak. Thus, companies in the video capture card market can capitalize on this trend to meet mission-critical projects of government authorities. This is expected to drive the video capture card market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Video Capture Card Market
Quad-link and 3G-SDI Connectivity Beneficial for Medical Equipment Manufacturers
The video capture card market is estimated to reach a revenue of US$ 1 Bn by the end of 2030. This is evident since innovative product launches are translating into value-grab opportunities for manufacturers. Magewell— a developer of innovative video interface and IP workflow solutions has introduced its power-efficient and ultra-compact M.2 video capture cards that enable input signal compatibility for old 4K source equipment. Companies in the video capture card market are increasing their production capabilities to develop products at deliver 3G-SDI connectivity. They are increasing the availability of cards that deploy high-performance video capture with low power consumption.
Space efficiency has become an important prerequisite in video capture cards. The trend of miniaturization is also growing prominent in the market landscape. Manufacturers are catering to the requirements of medical equipment companies who offer quad-link and 3G-SDI connectivity in their devices.
Gaming Industry Holds Future Prospects for Companies in Video Capture Card Market
The ever-evolving gaming industry is creating incremental opportunities for companies in the video capture card market. As such, the market is expected to advance at a favorable CAGR of ~6% between 2020 and 2030. However, the expensive cost of cards is likely to inhibit market growth. However, high-quality streaming and dual stream applications of video capture cards tend to offset its high cost.
Innovative product launches are bolstering growth of the video capture card market. For instance, in April 2020, AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.,— a specialist in digital video and audio convergence technology announced the launch of its 4K video capture lineup called Live Gamer BOLT. Other companies are making strategic moves to introduce unique video capture products since most people are preferring to stay indoors due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation.
Game capture boxes are acquiring popularity, owing to their advantages of recording 1080p videos at 60 frames per second from the console. In order to gain competitive edge, manufacturers are introducing inexpensive game capture boxes to bolster product uptake. They are increasing the availability of capture devices that are compatible with major game recording and streaming software such as XSplit and OBS.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
External Capture Devices Meeting Requirements of On-the-Go Applications of Recording Conferences and Lectures
Companies in the video capture card market are taking giant strides to manufacture game capture cards that enable high-quality recording of 1080p HD videos. They are increasing the availability of USB 2.0 video capture devices that facilitate stereo audio recording in computer systems. Manufacturers are enabling H.264 encoding in cards to facilitate HD videos for editing, compiling, and archiving. As such, compact and lightweight designs in video capture cards are highly preferred by users conducting webinars and live streaming.
Portable video capture devices are being designed in a compact manner to fit in laptop bags and even pockets. Cutting-edge devices are eliminating the need for external power adapters. This is fulfilling the demand for on-the-go applications pertaining to recording conferences and lectures. Companies in the video capture card market are broadening their revenue streams through e-Commerce websites.
High Definition Acquisition with HDMI Audio/Visual Capture Crucial for Medical Imaging
General entertainment applications are creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers in the video capture card market. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their output in external capture devices. On the other hand, external capture devices are facilitating HDMI video recording within computer systems, which is suitable for creating training videos and conducting video-based conference calls. This trend of video conferencing is projected to surge during the forecast period, since the COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped the concept of conference calls.
Manufacturers in the video capture card market are developing products that facilitate HDMI video capture for security systems placed at POS (Point-of-Sale) terminals and other business applications. Robust external capture devices are equipped to send audio and video signals to computers and smartphones for preview and storage. These devices are being increasingly used in high definition acquisition for medical imaging and teaching videos.
Game Capture Boxes Preserve Resolution and Frame Rate of 4K Videos
In order to boost their credibility credentials in the global video capture card market, manufacturers are practicing strict quality control for products to keep the defective rate of products at the least. Such post-production practices are gaining increased importance since customers are quick to write reviews on e-Commerce platforms. Manufacturers in the video capture card market are improving their services to offer product recall with fundamental issues. They are increasing efforts to offer warranty for video capture devices.
Companies are developing gaming capture devices that can record 1080p60 videos in TV systems. These devices are being highly publicized for their lag-free pass-through and reliable performance. Game capture devices have become increasingly popular during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, as it allows online streaming and recording. Thus, manufacturers should capitalize on this opportunity to boost their output capacities.
Manufacturers are developing game capture boxes that preserve the resolution and frame rate of 4K videos. On the other hand, computers, which are not very powerful can be supported with video capture boxes.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Video Capture Card Market
Live streaming in churches amidst the coronavirus pandemic is proving to be beneficial with the growing trend of online video streaming and conferencing. High-end and competitive gamers are emerging as the key target audience for video capture cards. However, these capture cards have limitations in flexibility, if users do not have dual monitors while gaming. Hence, companies in the video capture card market should increase awareness about multiple-platform streaming and high-quality recording of videos that tend to offset its limitations. The growing trend of training videos and video conferencing is creating value-grab opportunities for manufacturers. In order to fulfill these demands, manufacturers are increasing the availability of compact and lightweight external devices.
Video Capture Card Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global video capture card market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, usage of video capture cards at corporates, educational institutes, and by professional gamers, and evolution of the e-Commerce industry are factors expected to boost the global video capture card market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global video capture card market is estimated to reach value of US$ 1 Bn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Increasing Usage of Video Capture Cards at Corporates, Educational Institutes, and by Professional Gamers: A Key Driver
- Rapid increase in installation of video capture cards in various application areas such as video gaming, corporate offices, and educational institutes in recent years is one of the significant factors projected to drive the video capture card market during the forecast period
- Video capture cards improve the quality of a wide range of media recorded for businesses, universities, broadcasting, and manufacturing facilities. Video capture cards offer a smooth video playback experience as well.
- Rise in demand for video capture cards in the gaming industry, especially in countries such as the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, Finland, Sweden, China, Japan, and South Korea is anticipated to be a driving factor for the video capture card market during the forecast period
- Companies such as Elgato are manufacturing video capture cards, specifically for gaming or for professional gamers to capture high definition videos. The device allows users to stream video feeds online with streaming platforms such as YouTube.
Advancements in Technology and Innovations
- Advancement in technology and innovation of new devices and services improves video quality, productivity, and efficiency of end users. Video technology is crucial and manufacturing companies are investing heavily on research & development and new product development to introduce cutting-edge technologies, which are expected to expand their product portfolio and upgrade their existing products.
- Companies are launching new technology equipped compact and portable video capture cards, which enable users to record high definition videos. Innovation in these technologies is projected to create new opportunities for manufacturers and distributors during the forecast period. Technology has rapidly advanced over the years in audio and video recording devices, which offers new features and enhances performance and efficiency.
Video Capture Card Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of video capture cards have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global video capture card market are
- AVerMedia Technologies, Inc.
- YUAN High-Tech Development Co., Ltd.
- Elgato (Corsair)
- Nanjing Magewell Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Matrox Video, Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd.
- ADLINK Technology Inc.
- AJA Video Systems, Inc.
- Datapath Limited
- EURESYS S.A.
- SINTRON Technology Corp., etc.
Video Capture Card Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of video capture cards such as AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., YUAN High-Tech Development Co., Ltd., Elgato (Corsair), Nanjing Magewell Electronics Co., Ltd., and Matrox Video, etc., are focusing on technological advancements and expansion of product portfolio to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global video capture card market are highlighted below:
- In July 2020, Magewell Introduced 4K M.2 Capture Card with Quad-Link, 3G-SDI Connectivity. The Eco Capture cards offer system integrators and OEM developers high-performance video capture with low power consumption in a space efficient form factor.
- In July 2020, BlackmagicDesign announced UltraStudio Monitor 3G and UltraStudio Recorder 3G, two new capture and playback solutions featuring 3G-SDI and HDMI connections plus high speed Thunderbolt 3 technology
- In September 2019, Elgato launched HD60 S+, an external video capture card that lets content creators play high-fidelity console games in 4K60 HDR10, while simultaneously streaming or recording gameplay in 1080p60 HDR10
- YUAN High-Tech Development Co., Ltd. is investing extensively in research & development activities to expand and upgrade its existing product portfolio, and launch an innovative range of new technology equipped products
- Matrox Video focuses on the expansion of its distribution network in various untapped markets and geographies, which is likely to help it to expand business and profitability in the near future
- In the global video capture card market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of video capture card. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global video capture card market.
Video Capture Card Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global video capture card market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global video capture card market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global video capture card market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2020–2030.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global video capture card market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players has also been featured in TMR’s study on the global video capture card market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global video capture card market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global video capture card market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Video Capture Card Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the video capture card market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global video capture card market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the future scope and current trends of the global video capture card market?
- What is the revenue of the global video capture card market based on respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global video capture card market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global video capture card market?
Research Methodology – Video Capture Card Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global video capture card market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global video capture card market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the video capture card market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from video capture card industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global video capture card market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global video capture card market more reliable and accurate.
Video Capture Card Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global video capture card market includes information categorized into nine sections ? host interface, input interface, resolution, type, price, platform, video type, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the video capture card market have been discussed in detail.