Vibrio is a genus of anaerobic, non-spore forming, gram-negative bacteria that are curved rod shape. All the species of the vibrio genus are motile pathogens and have flagella with sheaths. Several species of these bacteria are capable of causing various conditionssuch as cholera, gastroenteritis, primary septicemia, cell necrosis and otitis. The following are some of the diagnostic techniques used for the detection of various diseases associated with vibrio:
- Enzyme Immunoassays (EIA)
- Flow Cytometry
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Fluorescent Immunoassays
Some of the end-users of vibrio diagnostics techniques are as follows:
- Public Health Laboratories
- Private and commercial diagnostic labs
Geographically, Asia-Pacific is expected to lead the market due to factors such as poor sanitation, unsafe drinking water and unhygienic living conditions. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) disease such as Cholera, caused by Vibrio cholera, is rare in the U.S. and other developed nations. However, the disease is predominantly present in tropical regions including Southeast Asia, Africa and Middle East countries. According to an another report by the CDC, in 2011, globally almost 58 countries registered 589,854 cases of cholera and approximately 7,816 deaths from cholera to WHO in the same year.
The market for vibrio diagnostics market is primarily driven by the initiation of rapid diagnostics tests, rising awareness and increased healthcare expenditure. The market is also expected to witness growth due to other factors such as quick outcome, affordability of the diagnostics kits and devices. Furthermore, development of advance diagnostics techniques such as Polymearse Chain Reaction (PCR) and Enzyme Immunoassays (EIA) are also expected to the drive the market.
Some of the major players in this industry segment include Abbott Laboratories, Becton, Dickinson and Company, DiamedixImpex S.A., Eiken Chemical Co. Ltd., Fujirebio Diagnostics Inc., Hologic Inc., Kreatech Holding BV, Lonza Group, Novartis Diagnostics and F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments
Note : All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Transparency Market Research.