Vertical Milling Machine – Introduction
- A vertical milling machine is a precision tool, which is used for fabrication and shaping of metallic work pieces. Plastic and other materials can also be milled on the machine apart from metal. The process of milling depends on the material and tooling.
- Milling machines are classified as column and knee type, and categorized as horizontal or vertical. Horizontal or vertical milling machines are based on the machine’s spindle axis.
- A vertical milling machine is also capable of working as a drill press because of its perpendicular spindle to the table and can be pulled down into a work piece.
- Vertical milling machines are relatively less complicated than horizontal machines owing to the one-piece tool head, which eliminates the need for complex gearing inside the vertical column. This fact has been significantly driving the market over the past years.
High Versatility and Wide Array of Industrial Applications to drive Demand for Vertical Milling Machines in the Global Market
Vertical milling machines are relatively low cost and do not require a highly qualified workforce to operate them, which further subsidizes the operational cost of the machine owner (by eliminating the training cost).
Additionally, the machines also have a smaller footprint, because they take up lesser space than horizontal milling machines. This particularly offers cost benefits in areas where real estate cost is higher.
The above mentioned factors are likely to drive the demand for vertical milling machines in the coming years.
Hazards Associated with the Usage of Vertical Milling Machines a Significant Challenge to the Market
- Usage of vertical milling machines exposes its operators to several hazards. One of the most notable limitation of using the vertical milling machine is the uncertainty of using it securely, and properly clamping the work piece to the machine work station.
- The machine has to be operated in a way that it is safe and enables flexible movement.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
New Product Development Integrated with Safety Features to Create Demand Opportunities
- Machine manufacturers across the globe are becoming more focused on marketing and selling milling machines integrated with enhanced safety features and production capability as majority of vertical milling machines have an element of safety hazards.
- In April 2020, Geng-Shuen Co., Ltd. introduced its new vertical milling machine with additional features. It added a longer Y-axis to one of its vertical milling CNC machines, which enabled wider movements of the machine for enhanced performance.
- Increased instances of new product development, filling the seller & consumer perception gap in the industry is expected to generate novel growth opportunity in the market
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Vertical Milling Machine Market
- In terms of geography, the global vertical milling machine market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the vertical milling machine market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The vertical milling machine market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global vertical milling machine market in 2018, attributed to the extensive presence of manufacturing industry in the region. Growth in population and increasing commodity demand has fueled the manufacturing industry, thus driving the vertical milling machine market in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India.
- The vertical milling machine market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Vertical Milling Machine Market
The global vertical milling machine market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global vertical milling machine market are:
- Lincoln Electric
- Haas Automation.
- Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG
- Datron AG
- Dalian Machine Tool Group Corporation
- FANUC CORPORATION
- AMADA CO., LTD.
- Yamazaki Mazak Corporation
- Okuma Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vertical Milling Machine Market, Request for a Sample
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market: Research Scope
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Type
- Turret Milling
- Bed Milling
- Mill Drills
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Material
- Others (Acrylic, Glass, etc.)
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Application
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.