Vertical Milling Machine – Introduction
- A vertical milling machine is a precision tool, which is used for fabrication and shaping of metallic work pieces. Plastic and other materials can also be milled on the machine apart from metal. The process of milling depends on the material and tooling.
- Milling machines are classified as column and knee type, and categorized as horizontal or vertical. Horizontal or vertical milling machines are based on the machine’s spindle axis.
- A vertical milling machine is also capable of working as a drill press because of its perpendicular spindle to the table and can be pulled down into a work piece.
- Vertical milling machines are relatively less complicated than horizontal machines owing to the one-piece tool head, which eliminates the need for complex gearing inside the vertical column. This fact has been significantly driving the market over the past years.
High Versatility and Wide Array of Industrial Applications to drive Demand for Vertical Milling Machines in the Global Market
Vertical milling machines are relatively low cost and do not require a highly qualified workforce to operate them, which further subsidizes the operational cost of the machine owner (by eliminating the training cost).
Additionally, the machines also have a smaller footprint, because they take up lesser space than horizontal milling machines. This particularly offers cost benefits in areas where real estate cost is higher.
The above mentioned factors are likely to drive the demand for vertical milling machines in the coming years.
Hazards Associated with the Usage of Vertical Milling Machines a Significant Challenge to the Market
- Usage of vertical milling machines exposes its operators to several hazards. One of the most notable limitation of using the vertical milling machine is the uncertainty of using it securely, and properly clamping the work piece to the machine work station.
- The machine has to be operated in a way that it is safe and enables flexible movement.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
New Product Development Integrated with Safety Features to Create Demand Opportunities
- Machine manufacturers across the globe are becoming more focused on marketing and selling milling machines integrated with enhanced safety features and production capability as majority of vertical milling machines have an element of safety hazards.
- In April 2020, Geng-Shuen Co., Ltd. introduced its new vertical milling machine with additional features. It added a longer Y-axis to one of its vertical milling CNC machines, which enabled wider movements of the machine for enhanced performance.
- Increased instances of new product development, filling the seller & consumer perception gap in the industry is expected to generate novel growth opportunity in the market
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of the Global Vertical Milling Machine Market
- In terms of geography, the global vertical milling machine market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the vertical milling machine market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The vertical milling machine market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific dominated the global vertical milling machine market in 2018, attributed to the extensive presence of manufacturing industry in the region. Growth in population and increasing commodity demand has fueled the manufacturing industry, thus driving the vertical milling machine market in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India.
- The vertical milling machine market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by North America and Europe during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in the Vertical Milling Machine Market
The global vertical milling machine market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global vertical milling machine market are:
- Lincoln Electric
- Haas Automation.
- Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG
- Datron AG
- Dalian Machine Tool Group Corporation
- FANUC CORPORATION
- AMADA CO., LTD.
- Yamazaki Mazak Corporation
- Okuma Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vertical Milling Machine Market, Request for a Sample
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market: Research Scope
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Type
- Turret Milling
- Bed Milling
- Mill Drills
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Material
- Others (Acrylic, Glass, etc.)
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Application
Global Vertical Milling Machine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.