Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market: Introduction
- An oxygen sensor, also called lambda sensor, or O2 sensor, was developed by Dr. Gunter Bauman for the Robert Bosch GmbH company in late 1960s
- The oxygen sensor is an electronic device used to measure the amount of oxygen present in a liquid or gas. In vehicles, an oxygen sensor is usually installed at the exhaust tailpipe to measure the amount of oxygen in vehicle emissions. This sensor transmits data to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU) of the vehicle and alerts the vehicle driver that the engine is running at top performance.
- The O2 sensors light up the Check Engine Light (CEL) on the vehicle’s dashboard, which indicates the presence of an issue in the vehicle’s engine, resulting in excessive emissions and the vehicle requires maintenance
Key drivers of global vehicle oxygen sensor market
- The amount of oxygen in the exhaust gas is also a measure of the combustion efficiency of an ICE and it monitors the air-to-fuel ratio of a vehicle. This acts as a timely warning for vehicle maintenance, thereby enhancing engine life.
- Increase in disposable income has prompted consumers to own vehicles, thereby increasing the number of vehicles on road. This, in turn, drives the demand for installation of oxygen sensors in the vehicle, thereby driving the market.
- Various countries, worldwide, are enacting stringent emission norms to reduce carbon footprint caused by vehicle emission. For instance, California's emissions standards, set by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) are being adopted in 16 states of the U.S. post 2009, which monitor greenhouse gas emissions. Likewise, the U.K. has introduced Euro 4 or Euro 5 emissions standards for taxis and licensed private hire vehicles in the country. India has introduced new standard BS-VI for vehicles in the country, which is similar to EURO 6 standards.
- Stringent government norms and regulation imposed by regulatory authorities across the globe, to reduce vehicular carbon emissions, are anticipated to propel the demand for automotive oxygen sensors as installation of oxygen sensors is mandatory to monitor vehicle emissions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Rising adoption of electric vehicles to hamper global vehicle oxygen sensor market
- Technological innovation in vehicle batteries have led to the development of more efficient electric vehicles, which offer more mileage per full charge. For instance, according to the BMW Group, the BMW i3 offers a maximum range of 153 miles per full charge.
- Electric vehicles (EVs) are not only efficient but also provide rapid acceleration. EVs are emission-free, as they do not use gasoline or diesel as fuel and hence, eliminate the need for emission monitoring. All these factors are driving the electric vehicle market, which in turn is hampering the vehicle oxygen sensor market.
Asia Pacific to dominate the global vehicle oxygen sensor market
- Vehicle production and sales in developing countries, such as China, India, Malaysia, and Thailand, in Asia Pacific are increasing owing to economic growth and rise in demand for personal vehicles. For instance, according to the Ministry of Public Security in China, China had 319 million motor vehicles by the end of June 2018, and this number increased to 340 million motor vehicles as of June 2019.
- Furthermore, stringent rules and regulations by government authorities and regulatory bodies in the region, in order to reduce air pollution to curb climate change, are compelling automakers to implement technologies to monitor vehicle emissions. All the factors mentioned above are driving the vehicle oxygen sensor market in Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global vehicle oxygen sensor market:
The global vehicle oxygen sensor market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global vehicle oxygen sensor market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- NGK SPARK PLUGS (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
- Hyundai Mobis
- Delphi Automotive plc
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Sensata Technologies, Inc.
- Analog Devices, Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Apogee Instruments, Inc.
- Honeywell International Inc
- Siemens AG
- Schneider Electric
- Walker Products, Inc.
- Control Instruments Corporation
Yokogawa Electric Corporation
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Vehicle Propulsion System
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Type
- Zirconia Sensor
- Wideband Zirconia Sensor
- Titania Sensor
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Technology
- Laser Technology
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by End-use Industry
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Sales Channel
Global Vehicle Oxygen Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.