Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market: Introduction
- Rise in demand for occupant safety during low visibility and night driving is anticipated to increase the demand for vehicle automatic high beam control systems and consequently, drive the market globally. The automatic high beam aims to enhance visibility of the road ahead while driving in poor visibility. It is designed to detect the beam of light from oncoming vehicles as well as the tail lights of vehicles ahead. Subsequently, the vehicle high beam control system automatically switches between high and low beams to avoid blinding other vehicle drivers.
Key drivers of global vehicle automatic high beam control system market
- Government and regulatory authorities are enacting legislations to increase road safety, which in turn is boosting the vehicle automatic high beam control system market. For instance, in Ontario, Canada, the Highway Traffic Act prohibits drivers from using high beam within 150 meters of oncoming cars or 60 meters when following. Bosch mobility solutions, by Robert Bosch GmbH, has developed an automatic high beam control system that utilizes a camera to measure the ambient brightness in order to estimate the distance of the vehicles in front and oncoming traffic. This data is fed to an electric control unit and used to further operate a variety of automatic headlight functions such as headlight vertical or horizontal adjustments.
- Increasing technological advancements to enhance vehicle occupant safety and provision of automated control of vehicle headlamps is expected to drive the global vehicle automatic high beam control system market. The automatic high beam system utilizes a camera mounted in the vehicle rearview mirror that measures the intensity of the lights emitted from oncoming vehicles, or the light emitted from the tail lights of the vehicle in front, and ambient light from cities. The system employs the information collected from the camera to determine whether to have the high beam on or not. If the camera detects headlights approaching or tail lights getting closer, it lowers the headlight beams, while the high beam is turned on again automatically after the camera no longer detects lights in front of the vehicle.
- For instance, Mazda has developed and incorporated high beam control in their luxury as well as low end models. The automatic high beam control system in conjunction with adaptive front lighting system enhances the distribution of light from the headlights according to vehicle speed and steering input, thereby enhancing the field of vision. This, in turn, helps the driver detect prominent objects or obstacles in the path of the vehicle and avoid collision.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, Request for a Sample
Europe to account for significant share of global vehicle automatic high beam control system market
- Europe is the home to majority of pioneers and aftermarket players in the automotive industry. Therefore, the region witnesses intense competition among automakers and aftermarket players. Moreover, companies spend majority of their revenue on research and development activities to enhance vehicle comfort and safety features in order to cater to consumer requirements. Furthermore, majority of countries in Europe are home to several for technology research and development institutes that receive investments from automakers for the development of newer technologies to improve vehicle safety. All these factors propel the vehicle automatic high beam control system market in Europe.
Key players operating in global vehicle automatic high beam control system market
The global vehicle automatic high beam control system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global vehicle automatic high beam control system market are:
- AUDI AG
- General Electric
- Hella GmbH & Co. KGaA
- Hyundai Mobis Co. Ltd
- Ichikoh Industries, Ltd.
- J W Speaker Corporation
- Koito Manufacturing Co. Ltd
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Mazda Motor Corporation
- Nissan Motor Corporation
- OSRAM GmbH
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Signify Holding
- Stanley Electric Co. Ltd
- Valeo Group
- Varroc Group
- Zizala Lichtsysteme GmbH
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, by Propulsion
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Module
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Vehicle Automatic High Beam Control System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.