Vehicle Accessories are necessary to improve vehicle performance and safety
- Vehicle accessories are important equipment or automotive components that help enhance vehicle performance, assure safety, security, and reduce maintenance costs. These accessories majorly depend on personal preferences, and specific need of customers. Specific accessories can improve the vehicle’s performance on road or enable it to use a technology that the vehicle has not incorporated in conventional or older models. For instance, Rollr provides vehicle accessory for tracking driving behavior for conventional vehicle models.
- Vehicle accessories include various products such as seat covers, chrome accessories alloy wheels, window films, dash kits, and central locking systems. Expansion of the vehicle accessories market is attributed to an increase in the demand for vehicle customization, need for comfort, and need for change in esthetics for a trendy appearance.
Key drivers of global vehicle accessories market
- The cost of premium vehicles is significantly higher than conventional vehicles. Luxury vehicles are pre-equipped with some accessories primarily to attract customers and boost vehicle performance. For instance, on March 28, 2019, Pioneer Corporation introduced a connected dual camera drive recorder. This product is powered by AI to detect drowsiness of the vehicle driver and initiate appropriate measures to offer safer driving. Conventional vehicles, though cheaper, do not come with pre-equipped accessories. Improving vehicle esthetics using chrome accessories, seat covers, and alloy wheels lend a trendy appearance and can serve as a status symbol. Certain accessories such as central locking system and frontal collision system improve vehicle safety and can be installed on vehicles that are not pre-equipped with these accessories. Demand for comfort and luxury vehicles is particularly fueled by improved life standards and rise in disposable income of people. Thus, all these factors, cumulatively, drive the demand for vehicle accessories.
- The automotive industry has witnessed numerous changes in the last few decades. Post 1990, Clean Air Act Amendment in California, US and 1992 Energy Policy Act, General Motors developed and launched EV1, which was the first ever mass-produced electric vehicle. Electric vehicles (EVs) do not emit common pollutants such as hydrocarbons, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, and particle emissions. Developments in batteries are boosting the miles driven per charge of EVs. EVs offer high acceleration, attracting speed fanatics. Stringent rules and regulations on emission, such as Euro 6 and Bharat Stage VI, in order to curb air pollution further restrain the development of conventional vehicles that have higher levels of emissions as compared to electric vehicles. All the factors mentioned above point toward a promising future for electric cars. The vehicle accessories for electric vehicles must be comply with energy consumption standards enacted by manufacturers for high efficiency, requiring parallel development with advances in EV technology. These factors drive the vehicle accessories market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Availability of inexpensive, low quality accessories as a substitute restrains Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Demand for customization of vehicles is high, especially among the younger generation. Inclination of customers toward enhanced vehicle performance experience and increased comfort while driving is fueling the demand for vehicle accessories, which offer a solution to these needs. New players in the industry offer inexpensive, low quality accessories in order to attract more number of customers. For instance, rear parking assist camera costs about US$ 10, while parking assist system in premium vehicles costs about US$ 100. This difference in pricing is anticipated to acts a challenge for OEMs.
Asia Pacific to be prominent vehicle accessories market
- Asia Pacific is the major manufacturer and consumer of cars, which contributes to the significant demand and market share held by the region in the global vehicle accessories market. Demand for vehicles is increasing owing to rapid urbanization, need for transportation, and inclination of customers toward buying personal vehicle over public transport. Consequently, demand for vehicles is propelling the vehicle accessories market in the region.
- North America is second-largest buyer of utility vehicles after China. Rising demand for customization using exterior and interior vehicle accessories to increase performance and safety and enhance esthetic appearance of the vehicle is driving the vehicle accessories market.
Key players operating in global vehicle accessories market:
The vehicle accessories market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the vehicle accessories market are:
- Pioneer Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc.
- Roush Performance Products, Inc.
- Covercraft Industries LLC
- H.I Motors
- Lloyd Mats
- Car Mate Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- Lund International, Inc.
- The Pep Boys
- Thule Group
- Classic Soft Trim
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in vehicle accessories market, ask for a customized report
Global Vehicle Accessories Market – Research Scope
Global Vehicle Accessories Market, by Vehicle Type
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Vehicle
- Heavy Vehicles
Global Vehicle Accessories Market, by Application
Global Vehicle Accessories Market, by Product
- Music System
- Guard rails
- LED screens
- Frames and fittings
Global Vehicle Accessories Market, by Supplier
- Single retailer
- Multi-brand retailer
Global Vehicle Accessories Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.