Vehicle Access Systems: Introduction
- Rise in penetration of global vehicle access systems is attributed to an increase in technological advances in vehicle security systems, which enable drivers to lock/unlock and start/stop the vehicle remotely
- The purpose of access system is to grant entrance/leave from a commercial or residential building or toll gates only to authorized vehicles. The vehicle access control system is remotely connected to the access control unit of a commercial or residential building, which verifies the pre-registered vehicle license plate or an access card to determine whether the vehicle is authorized to enter the premises.
Key drivers of global vehicle access systems market
- Data regulations enacted across diverse industries including health care, banking, and insurance and demand for safety are boosting the demand for vehicle access systems globally systems. In case of a robbery or an accident, to identify the vehicle involved, a vehicle monitoring system is required. Information about vehicles entering or exiting buildings such as bank and hospital premises is recorded using the vehicle access system in order to monitor and increase the safety of these buildings. This system records data of a vehicle, such as license plate, which can be used to trace a vehicle in case of theft/robbery.
- Advancements in vehicle remote keyless access technologies is likely to fuel the global vehicle access systems market. For instance, both Robert Bosch GmbH and Continental AG have developed a cloud-based vehicle access system that enables a vehicle owner to lock/unlock and start/stop his vehicle without the need for a key. Such developments in vehicle access control systems based on cloud technology, mobile smartphones and tablets, and IoT devices are fueling the adoption of vehicle access systems, which in turn is driving the global market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Access Systems Market, ask for a customized report
Passive vehicle access system segment to hold notable share of global vehicle access systems market
- The passive vehicle access system segment is estimated to account for a significant share of the global vehicle access system market. The system utilizes automotive sensors, dash cams, and Application Program Interface (API), which are efficient and cost-effective. The above mentioned sensors and dash cams are relatively simple to use and are being incorporated in several applications, including passive vehicle access entry, enabling automakers to easily integrate them in their vehicles.
Lack of vehicle standards for vehicle access control system to hamper global vehicle access systems market
- Automakers are focusing more on enhancing security and safety of vehicles in order to cater to a rise in consumer demand for safer and secure vehicles. The factor mentioned above drives the global market for vehicle access systems; however, lack of stringent global regulations and vehicle standards is still a challenge for automakers. Absence of such standards fails to guarantee the life of vehicle access systems. This, in turn, may lead to a threatening situation for vehicle owners in case the vehicle access systems fails and a customers is locked in/out of the vehicle. Therefore, regulations and standards for vehicle access systems are essential to prevent such situations.
Europe to hold prominent share of global vehicle access systems market
- Increase in demand for luxury cars in countries such as Germany, France, and Russia in Europe is boosting the market in the region. For instance, in 2018, Volkswagen and BMW sold 541,200 and 319,134 units of luxury vehicles, respectively, in Germany, which accounted for approximately 18% and 2.5% rise in sales, respectively, as compared to sales of 531,600 and 311,071 units of luxury vehicles, respectively, in 2017. Furthermore, presence of automotive giants, such as Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, in the manufacture of vehicle access control system is likely to drive the vehicle access systems market in Europe.
Key players operating in global vehicle access systems market
The global vehicle access systems market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global vehicle access systems market are:
- Continental AG
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Nuance Communication
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Denso Corporation
- Valeo SA
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- ALPHA Corporation
- NXP Semiconductors
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Vehicle Type
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Type
- Passive Vehicle Access System
- Active Vehicle Access Systems
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Access Type
- User Access
- Access Cards
- Card Readers
- Access Control Keypad
- Admin Access
- Access Management Dashboards
- Application Program Interface (API)
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Technology Type
- Near-Field Communication (NFC)
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Component
- RF Antennas
- ECU (Electronic Control Unit)
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Sales Channel
Global Vehicle Access Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.