Global Vehicle Access Control: Introduction
- Vehicle access control is a system that permits the entry of the vehicle in a premises, based on entry requirement such as time, day, and employment. Vehicle access control eliminates the need for human intervention to check the vehicle and enables automatic access to the vehicle
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vehicle Access Control Market
- The vehicle access control system saves significant operating expenses of a company, as it eliminates the man-hours consumed for security and frees the resource for other tasks. Vehicle access control is a robust and effective technique to control the entry of vehicles depending on the day of the week, time, and credentials; hence, it is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period.
- Rise in number of vehicles and traffic has necessitate the use of an automatic system to detect and evaluate a vehicle rapidly, which is anticipated to drive the vehicle access control market. Government and security agencies can put the vehicle identification/ registration number of the theft vehicles and unauthorized vehicle and they can be easily traced when they pass through a vehicle access control tollway or other similar controlled area.
- Rising demand for premises security among consumers is driving the vehicle access control market. Increased threat of security breach, theft, and crimes further boost the global vehicle access control market.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Access Control Market, ask for a customized report
Microwave & Ultra high frequency (UHF) technology segments of vehicle access control market to expand significantly
- Both microwave and UHF technology permits remote vehicle access. UHF & microwave readers are pasted on the vehicle windshield, which is identified by the outboard system in the premises on access control. UHF readers have a range of around 5 meters. Microwave technology supports a range of around 20 meters and hence, is more cost-effective for tollways and other areas that witness longer lines and higher volume of traffic.
- The microwave technology also supports driver recognition in addition to vehicle recognition, which is difficult to achieve with other technologies. Microwave technology is expensive; however, the several added benefits it offers is anticipated to boost its demand during the forecast period.
- Microwave technology is effective and standard in hazardous environments such as gas plants and oil refineries, which require ATEX certification for installation. Microwave is a globally harmonized frequency, as compared to the UHF that suffers regulatory drawbacks in several areas as UHF frequency interferes with the radio frequency used by local systems or the military.
Commercial building segment to expand considerably
- Use of vehicle access control system in commercial areas such as corporate buildings, malls, and public parking areas has increased. It is easier and convenient for corporate offices to maintain a database of employees and authorize the entry of their registered vehicles by time and day of the week. Consequently, the commercial building segment is anticipated to expand and hold a leading share of the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to lead global vehicle access control market
- In terms of region, the global vehicle access control market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America & Europe, together, are expected to hold a leading share of the global vehicle access control system market, as these technologies are first adopted in developed economies and gradually increase penetration in developing ones. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand considerably due to development in infrastructure and a rise in commercial offices and buildings in the region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global vehicle access control market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- ELA Innovation S.A.
- Axis Communications AB
- FEIG Electronic
- Nortec Access Control Ltd
- By Techdesign, S.L.
Global Vehicle Access Control Market, by Technology Type
- Proxy Reader
- Ultra-High Frequency (UHF)
- Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
Global Vehicle Access Control Market, by Application
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Buildings
Global Vehicle Access Control Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.