Vehicle Access Control Systems: Introduction
- Vehicle access control is a system that permits the entry of the vehicle in a premises, based on entry requirement such as time, day, and employment. Vehicle access control eliminates the need for human intervention to check the vehicle and enables automatic access to the vehicle.
- Vehicle access control system is a combination of technologies that permit the user of the vehicle to gain access without needing the conventional keys. The vehicle access control system manages and controls which vehicle enters the premises and when. This system has simply enabled the feature or automatic access to the vehicle and has eliminated the human intervention for checking of the vehicles manually. The vehicle access control system provides authorized access to the vehicles through barriers, gates, doors, and shutters.
Key Drivers of Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market:
- Increase in vehicles and traffic has fueled the demand for the vehicle access control system to identify and authenticate a vehicle rapidly. Increased rate of crime such as vehicle theft or security breach have raised the demand for the vehicle access control system in premises. Moreover, usage of automatic control system is estimated to help companies reduce their operating expenses, which they usually spend on manpower for security purposes. Technological advancements to provide a unique driving experience for the driver have also boosted the market for vehicle access control systems.
- The vehicle access control system saves significant operating expenses of a company, as it eliminates the man-hours consumed for security and frees the resource for other tasks. Vehicle access control is a robust and effective technique to control the entry of vehicles depending on the day of the week, time, and credentials; hence, it is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period.
- Automotive companies are investing in reducing the deployment costs of vehicle access control systems, which is estimated to boost penetration of these systems in low and mid-end automobiles and subsequently, fuel the market for vehicle access control systems during the forecast period
Light Commercial Vehicles to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- Demand for light commercial vehicles is expected to increase at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Safety features such as alarms, immobilizers, and central locking are currently being added as a standard attribute by OEMs in developed countries. Consistent increase in the demand for LCVs in countries such as the U.S., Germany, France, and the U.K. is fueling the market for LCVs. Moreover, a shift in consumer preference is boosting the vehicle access control market. Additionally, sales of LCV are rising consistently in numerous countries, which is estimated to boost the vehicle access control systems market.
High Cost to Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market:
- Repair and maintenance costs of these systems are considerably high. Moreover, incorporating the biometric access control system in a vehicle is challenging for automotive companies. Furthermore, the end-user finds it difficult to get used to the vehicle access control system. All these factors are major restraints for the vehicle access market.
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market:
- Rise in number of vehicle theft incidents is projected to drive the demand for advanced security features such as keyless entry and electronic immobilizers. Instances of vehicle theft have increased significantly in the U.S. According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, US$ 6 billion was lost due to vehicle thefts in the U.S. Therefore, OEMs are adding new features such as stolen vehicle assist and electronic immobilizers for better vehicle safety and security.
- Moreover, vehicles in the U.S. are mostly fitted with advanced systems such as vehicle stolen assist, keyless entry, electronic immobilizers, and others, which is estimated to fuel the vehicle access control market. Rising EV sales and demand for LCVs in Canada and the U.S. is anticipated to boost the market. Moreover, large-scale autonomous vehicle testing and deployment is likely to require vehicle safety features such as face and fingerprint recognition.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global vehicle access control systems market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global vehicle access control systems market are:
- ELA Innovation S.A.
- Axis Communications AB
- FEIG Electronic
- Nortec Access Control Ltd
- By Techdesign, S.L.
- Continental AG
- Valeo SA
- Denso Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Nuance Communication Inc.
- VOXX Automotive Corporation
- Delphi Technologies
- HELLA GmbH & Co. KGaA
- ALPS ALPINE CO., LTD.
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Technology
- Proxy Reader
- Ultra-High Frequency (UHF)
- Automated Number Plate Recognition (ANPR)
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Type
- Biometric System
- Non-Biometric System
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Electric Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Plug-In Hybrid Electric vehicles
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Application
- Commercial Buildings
- Residential Buildings
Global Vehicle Access Control Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.