Global Vegetable Carbon Market: Overview
Vegetable carbon is odourless, insoluble, black color powder used as a food color in products such as ice cream, baked goods, icing, and confectionery products. Authority in the Europe and Canada approves vegetable carbon as a food colorant whereas it is banned in the U.S. Vegetable carbon is known as carbo medicinalis vegetabilis, carbon black, or vegetable black. It is produced by charring or steam activation of vegetable fibers. The vegetable carbon is produced by carbonization of the various source at high temperature including coconut shells, peat, cellulose residues, wood, and other shells. The Western Europe vegetable carbon market accounts for relatively high revenue share, followed by Asia Pacific vegetable carbon market over the forecast period, attributed to relatively high demand for processed food and confectionaries across the regions.
Global Vegetable Carbon Market: Dynamics
Some of the important factor fuelling the growth of global vegetable carbon market include high demand for processed food products, growing the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry, and increasing demand for natural food colorants. To counter the same, vegetable carbon market players are investing in research and development and production of vegetable carbon to meet the regulatory specification with increasing demand. Some macroeconomic factors making a positive impact on global vegetable carbon market includes increasing population, the rapid rate of urbanization, and growing domestic income. Whereas, health hazards of vegetable carbon on the workers working in vegetable carbon manufacturing plant for a long time and on the consumers consuming for a longer period leads to restraining the global vegetable carbon market. The trend identified in the global vegetable carbon market is mergers and acquisitions between vegetable carbon producers and food manufacturers. The company manufacturing vegetable carbon products has a significant opportunity in regions such as Europe, and Asia Pacific, attributed to high demand for natural food colorants and high demand for confectioneries. Companies have a significant opportunity in global vegetable carbon market through collaboration with end-users i.e. food product manufacturers.
Global Vegetable Carbon Market: Segmentation
The global vegetable carbon market is segmented by source, by end-use, and by region. By source, the global vegetable carbon market is fragmented as coconut shells, peat, cellulose residues, wood, and other shells. Among these, the wood segment is expected to contribute to the significant revenue share with a relatively high growth rate over the forecast period in the global vegetable carbon market. Cellulose residues segment is followed by the wood segment with a relatively high growth rate considering both value and volume in the global vegetable carbon market.
Based on the source, the global vegetable carbon market is segmented into:
- Coconut Shells
- Cellulose Residues
- Other Shells
Based on the end-use, the global vegetable carbon market is segmented into:
- Food & Beverages
- Black Caviar Substitute
- Cheese Coating
- Bakery Products
Global Vegetable Carbon Market: Regional Overview
By geographies, the global vegetable carbon market is segmented into seven regions -- North America, Western Europe, Asia-Pacific except Japan, Eastern Europe, Latin America, the Middle East & Africa, and Japan. Among the regions, Western Europe accounts for a relatively high share of the global vegetable carbon market in terms of value, owing to high demand for food colorants in the region. Asia Pacific is followed by Western Europe in the global vegetable carbon market, attributed to rapidly rising demand for processed food and beverages across the region. Eastern Europe and Japan also accounts for significant value share in the global vegetable carbon market. The North America is expected to account for relatively low value as well as volume share in the global vegetable carbon market, owing to the restriction of the use of vegetable black in the U.S. market. Latin America and Middle East Africa is expected to have relatively high opportunity for vegetable carbon market players, attributed to high demand for bakery and confectionery products in the region. Overall, the outlook for the global vegetable carbon market will have a positive growth over the forecast period.
Global Vegetable Carbon Market: Key Players
Few players of vegetable carbon market include DDW The Colour House, Jiangmen Goody's Food Co., Ltd., Bolise Co., Ltd., Wpasta Co. LTD., Guangzhou WellLand Foods Co., Ltd., Chr. Hansen Holding A/S, Univar Food Ingredients, Dynasty Colourants Co., Ltd., KF Specialty Ingredients, Hawkins Watts Australia, and Holland Ingredients.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.