Vegetable Based Soap Market: Introduction
- Vegetable based soaps refer to vegan soaps made from fats or oils of vegetable sources rather than from saponified tallow or other animal fats. These soaps are mostly preferred by vegans or vegetarian consumers.
- In recent years, consumers are switching to natural products which is likely to gain demand for vegetable based soaps. In addition, key players in the industry are introducing vegetable based soaps enriched with natural scents in attractive design and packaging styles that is likely to attract consumers across the globe.
Increasing Adoption of Specialized Soaps: A Key Driver
- Increasing awareness among consumers about the usage of vegan products, a strong consumer base that prefers natural products, increasing start-ups of vegan-based products, surge in disposable income of consumers, celebrities endorsing vegetable based soaps over conventional and other soaps, along with rising penetration of products through several online and retailing channels apart from rapid urbanization in emerging economies and adoption of expensive premium soaps across the globe are expected to propel the vegetable based soap market during the forecast period. In addition, key skin experts across the globe are recommending that consumers use vegetable based soaps.
Strong Presence of Alternatives: Restraint of the Market
- A vegetable based soap is not pocket-friendly for consumers. High cost of these soaps is expected to act as a deterrent for customers, especially for those living in developing countries. This may act as a barrier to the growth of the vegetable based soap market. Moreover, presence of several alternatives such as commercial beauty soaps, natural bath liquids, bath powder, and vegan bath bombs, may restrain the growth of the vegetable based soap market in the next few years.
Asia Pacific to be a Potential Market for Vegetable Based Soaps
- The global vegetable based soap market can be segmented into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America can be divided into the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Europe can be segregated into the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The vegetable based soap market in South America can be segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a lucrative market for the growth of vegetable based soaps during the forecast period due to increasing usage of specialty soaps by consumers and rising adoption of vegan products in the region. This is likely to lead to demand for vegetable based soaps.
Key Players Operating in the Global Vegetable Based Soap Market
The global vegetable based soap market is moderately fragmented in nature due to presence of several players across the globe. These players have adopted strategies such as new product development, acquisitions, mergers, and agreements to be competitive and expand their customer base in the market.
Key players operating in the global vegetable based soap market are:
- A Wild Soap Bar LLC
- Aegean Soaps
- Beaumont Products, Inc.
- Colgate-Palmolive (Tom's of Maine)
- Crate 61 Organics
- Dr. Bronner's
- Dusan Artisans
- Kushboo Soaps
- Maui Soap Company
- Natura & Co
- Sam’s Natural
- The Honest Company, Inc.
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market: Research Scope
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by Type
- Handmade Soap
- Commercial Soap
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by Origin
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Shea Butter
- Palm Oil
- Nuts & Seed Oil
- Others (Turmeric, Tea Tree Oil, Neem, etc.)
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by Pricing
- Low (below US$ 20)
- Medium (US$ 20–US$ 50)
- High (above US$ 50)
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by End-user
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by Age Group
- Gen Z
- Generation X
- Baby Boomers
- Silent Generation
Global Vegetable Based Soap Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Websites
- Pharma & Specialty Stores
- Mega Retail Stores
- Others (Departmental Stores, Individual Stores, etc.)
The report on the global vegetable based soap market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on regional and other segments of the market.
Regional Analysis of Global Vegetable Based Soap Market:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South America