Vacuum Skin Packaging Market
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market (Product Type: VSP Films [Films, Bags, and Pouches] and Trays & Films; Material Type: PE [HDPE, LDPE, and LLDPE], PVC, PP, EVAC, EVOH, PA, PET, PS, and Others; Barrier Type: Low Barrier, Medium Barrier, High Barrier, and Ultra High Barrier; Layer Type: Film [Monolayer, 3 Layer, 5 Layer, and 7 Layer] and Trays [Monolayer]; and End Use: Meat, Poultry, Seafood, Dairy Products, Fresh Produce, Ready Meals, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2025
Press Release :
Surge in Demand for Vacuum Skin Packaging from Meat and Dairy Industries to Fuel Market Growth
Vacuum skin packaging or vacuum sealing packaging has gained immense traction in recent years, particularly from the meat sector due to numerous benefits associated with the same. Over the past few years, a number of countertop and handheld vacuum skin packaging machines have entered the market and the trend is expected to continue in the upcoming years. The dwindling prices of electrical components coupled with the increasing consumer demand for long-lasting products are expected to shape the growth trajectory of the global vacuum skin packaging market during the forecast period.
The increasing need for food preservation of different meat and dairy products, including cheese, cold cuts, and other forms of meat is anticipated to fuel the expansion of the global vacuum skin packaging market during the assessment period. In recent times, owing to the durability offered by vacuum skin packaging, conventional packaging techniques are being replaced across various sphere within the food industry. Moreover, vacuum skin packaging offers an additional protection layer in comparison with conventional packaging solutions due to which, its adoption continues to witness consistent growth.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Vacuum Skin Packaging Market
Vacuum Skin Packaging Set to Replace Conventional Packaging Techniques
Due to a plethora of benefits, vacuum skin packaging is likely to replace conventional packaging techniques in the upcoming years. Some of the most notable benefits offered by vacuum skin packaging include optimum protection from external elements, significant improvement in product presentation, minimum product loss, maximized shelf life, and high efficiency in packaging. These features are anticipated to augment the demand for vacuum skin packaging in the near future.
In the current scenario, 3mm thick vacuum skin packaging bags are extensively used to seal a variety of products, followed by 6-8 mm thick bags. In addition, vacuum skin packaging has emerged as an ideal packaging solution for long-term freezer storage due to which, the demand for vacuum skin packaged products from the commercial kitchen is on the rise. This factor is expected to propel the global vacuum skin packaging market during the assessment period.
A variety of vacuum skin packaging materials is available in the current market landscape such as PE, PVC, PP, PET, etc. Several chefs around the world make use of vacuum skin packaging for ‘sous vide’ cooking– another factor that is projected to provide considerable boost to the adoption of vacuum skin packaging. Some of the most common types of vacuum skin packaging include side seal bags, tubular bags, shrink bags, and cook-in bags.
The increasing demand for vacuum skin packaging for meat & smoked meat products, fruits, vegetables, sanitation, and dairy products is likely to remain the top factor in driving the global vacuum skin packaging market during the assessment period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand for Vacuum Skin Packaging on Rise amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a positive impact on the vacuum skin packaging market, as the demand for safe, reliable, and protective packaging of food as well as consumer products has witnessed noteworthy spike. Consumer confidence, in terms of purchasing, is primarily being influenced by packaging choices and techniques during the COVID-19 pandemic. Thus, a number of companies are increasingly opting for vacuum skin packaging. The surge in the demand for vacuum skin packaged products, mainly from the commercial sector, is one of the key factors anticipated to fuel the growth of the vacuum skin packaging market during the COVID-19 crisis.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Vacuum Skin Packaging Market
The global vacuum skin packaging market is expected to expand at a healthy CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to increasing consumer demand for safe, reliable, and protective packaging solutions, high demand for vacuum skin packaging from meat and dairy industries, and considerable advantages offered by vacuum skin packaging in comparison with conventional packaging solutions. Market players should focus on leveraging the advancements in technology and improve the quality of their packaging solutions to gain a competitive edge.
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global vacuum skin packaging market for the forecast period of 2020-2025, the market is estimated to grow, owing to the demand from the food industry
- The global vacuum skin packaging market is expected to clock a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Ability of vacuum skin packaging to increase the shelf life for meat products and ready meals is the key factor contributing to the growth of the vacuum skin packaging market. Some other factors such as reduction in wastage of food products and convenience in handling of products during transportation and storage are anticipated to increase the demand for vacuum skin packaging in the years to come
Vacuum Skin Packaging to Create Opportunities in Retail Sector
- Small portion and single serving packaging are likely to be in trend and expected to create opportunities in the vacuum skin packaging market
- Raw meat in vacuum skin packaging is likely to be fresher due to extended shelf life when compared to overwrapped conventional retail trays. Vacuum sealing enables low oxidization, which leads to minimum nutritional damage and browning of meat.
- Vacuum skin packaging offers significant potential for value-added products targeting consumer interest in convenience and authenticity
- Retailers can leverage consumer desire for reducing food waste with vacuum pouches and bags. For instance, vacuum pouches containing multiple individual meat pieces can be more appealing to the consumers than conventional trays, which need to be frozen after opening and carry high risk of damage.
Biodegradable Films for Vacuum Skin Packaging an Ideal Solution for Green Packaging
- Plantic Technologies, Ltd. launched its sustainable Plantic eco Plastic Skin Pack ultra-high gas barrier material that has established new standards in the vacuum skin packaging market. This material consists of a multilayer material based on Plantic bio-based ultra-high barrier material and made from a proprietary starch technology. Furthermore, it delivers undetectable oxygen transmission rate, and the package is made using 70% of renewable content.
- In additon, Industria Thermoplastica Pavese (ITP), a specialist in multilayer film coextrusion, developed a new high barrier film named ‘Clearpack F’ for VS-packaging in 2016, in partnership with DuPont Performance Materials. The film provides features including excellent sealing at low processing temperatures. Clearpack F is tamper-evident, and has an appealing presentation of the food product. The new film is suitable for packaging fresh and processed food, including meat, seafood, or cheese.
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market: Key Findings
- Among product types, the VSP films segment is estimated to account for more than 65% of the revenue share by the end of 2020 and is likely to create an incremental opportunity of more than US$ 7.3 Bn by the end of next five forecast years
- Polystyrene segment is forecast to witness a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period
- Among various barrier types of vacuum skin packaging, the low barrier segment is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.3%
- Meat segment, among end uses, is estimated to have a prominent market share of more than 25% by value by the end of the year 2025 and is likely to create an incremental opportunity of more than US$ 2.9 Bn over the next five years
- In terms of market share, Asia Pacific is likely to emerge as the dominating region in the global vacuum skin packaging market, owing to a large number of vacuum skin packaging manufacturers
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- TMR analysed that the global vacuum skin packaging market is highly competitive, owing to a large number of local players in the market. This competition among key players is carefully studied based on developments, strategies, and segmental revenue of the company.
- TMR Group includes outlines of key players in the latest vacuum skin packaging market study, which includes
- Amcor Limited
- Sealed Air Corp.
- Bemis Company, Inc.
- Berry Plastic Group, Inc.
- LINPAC Packaging Limited
- Winpak Ltd.
- Plastissimo Film Co., Ltd.
- Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH
- Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd
- Quinn Packaging Ltd.
- TMR distinguished these vacuum skin packaging market players as per their segmental earnings into different tier slabs. Among these players, Sealed Air Corp., Amcor Limited, and MULTIVAC are identified as Tier 1 companies. Tier 2 players include LINPAC Packaging Limited, Bemis Company, and Berry Plastic Group, Inc.
Impact of COVID-19 on Vacuum Skin Packaging Market
- Meat industry is one of the prominent end users of vacuum skin packaging, and has been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The outbreak has affected dozens of plants, leading to closures of some factories and disruption of others, and posed a significant threat to the meat supply.
- As per a report by the USA Today, multiple meat packing facilities had instances of COVID- 19 positive workers. Large COVID-19 clusters have also appeared in meatpacking plants around the world, including Canada, Spain, Ireland, Brazil, and Australia. This led to change in buying behavior of meat and poultry products, as consumer feared that the consumption might result in higher risk of infection.
- With changes in consumption patterns, the meat packaging industry also faced challenges and slowdown, as there is a direct relation between the two of them. However, the meat industry is likely to gain traction gradually in the long-term, which is expected to have a positive impact on the vacuum skin packaging market.
- Moreover, clean and hygienic packaging, which prevents contamination, was demanded by consumers during the pandemic. Online retail also hiked the growth of vacuum skin packaging for various end uses such as fresh produce and ready meals.
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global vacuum skin packaging market, providing forecast for the period of 2020-2025. In the study, growth opportunity for the vacuum skin packaging market is witnessed. The report provides valuable insights, which enable readers to make winning business decisions for future growth of their businesses. The report highlights significant factors that are constantly determining the growth of the vacuum skin packaging market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting market growth are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Vacuum Skin Packaging Market Report
- What will be the impact of COVID-19 on the vacuum skin packaging market?
- Which end use will be the most lucrative for vacuum skin packaging?
- What will be market size for vacuum skin packaging by the end of 2025?
- Which is the most preferred barrier type for vacuum skin packaging in the global market?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for market growth?
- Which are the top five countries of vacuum skin packaging market?
- Which material type holds maximum market share in the global vacuum skin packaging market?
- Who are major key players in the vacuum skin packaging market?
Key indicators associated with the vacuum skin packaging market have been calculated thoroughly in the report. The study enumerates vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global vacuum skin packaging market. A comprehensive study on the value chain, which includes component suppliers, manufacturers, distributors, and end users have been incorporated in the global market report. Other key aspects laid down in the market include pricing strategy of leading market players and comparative analysis of vacuum skin packaging. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenarios of the vacuum skin packaging market have been covered in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the vacuum skin packaging market are provided on the basis of product type, material type, barrier type, layer type, end use, and region.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments are provided in the report. The vacuum skin packaging market is analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The report delivers an exhaustive assessment on the structure of the vacuum skin packaging market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all leading company profiles in the report. Every company’s share analysis on market players have also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix of profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of vacuum skin packaging manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map. It also highlights key end users for vacuum skin packaging.
The report includes company overview of key players. Some of the key companies profiled in the vacuum skin packaging market report include Amcor Limited, Sealed Air Corp., Bemis Company, Inc., Berry Plastic Group, Inc., LINPAC Packaging Limited, Winpak Ltd., Plastissimo Film Co., Ltd., Schur Flexibles Holding GesmbH, Plastopil Hazorea Company Ltd, MULTIVAC and Quinn Packaging Ltd.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for sharp insights, which are provided in the vacuum skin packaging market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on growth prospects, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary researches have been employed to garner keen insights into the forecast study of the vacuum skin packaging market. The report has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the vacuum skin packaging market report one-of-its-kind, with the highest credibility.
Vacuum Skin Packaging Market – Segmentation
The global vacuum skin packaging market has been divided on the basis of product type, material type, barrier type, layer type, end use, and region. Each of these segments are analyzed to provide readers with holistic view of the market.