Vacuum Metalizer Market: Introduction
- A vacuum metalizer is a machine using the principle of physical vapor deposition (PVD), consisting of a vacuum chamber that is used to add a thin film of metal such as aluminum, copper, silver, and other coatings to a non-metallic substrate through evaporation. Aluminum with low cost, and that has thermodynamic and reflective properties are widely used in this process. The vacuum chamber uses aluminum wire and resistance heated intermetallic evaporators which melt the aluminum and evaporate it. The aluminum vapor condenses on to the substrate and creates the coating layer on an object which is uniform across the entire web of the substrate.
- A vacuum metalizer is used to form a layer with various properties such as high insulation, a highly reflective mirror-like finish surface that can be used for laminating any material, and a decorative effect on an object. The metalizer is used to improve the packaging performance by extending the pack shelf life and maintaining the quality of the packaged product. Vacuum metalizers use paper and film as raw materials in the packaging and decorative industry.
Key Drivers of the Vacuum Metalizer Market
- An increase in investment by manufacturers in innovation and development of fully automated vacuum metalizers having better functionality, security of packing, and enhanced efficiency is a prime factor contributing to the increasing demand for vacuum metalizers in the global market.
- Rising demand for metalized films for efficient packaging solutions with increased shelf life and protection of packed products in different industries - food, pharmaceuticals, personal, and healthcare is a major factor responsible for the growth of the vacuum metalizer market.
- An increase in demand for nano packaging technologies with greater physical and chemical properties of packaging materials (antimicrobial, increased durability), has led to the growth of the market.
- Change in lifestyle, and rising awareness about health and hygiene among people has significantly increased the demand for packed food & beverages which has led to the growth of the global vacuum metalizer market.
- As packaging plays an important role in the advertisement industry, key manufacturers are investing more in brand endorsement by creating attractive packaging of their products which is contributing to the market growth.
- Government regulations in the healthcare sector for safety and hygienic packaging in developed countries have led to the growth of the market. Moreover, growth in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, and personal care industry due to innovations across the globe is fueling the growth of the market.
- The rise in investment from major companies and continuous growth in the packaging sector across the globe is a major key driver of the vacuum metalizer market.
Restraints of the Vacuum Metalizer Market
- High maintenance cost of fully automated heavy machines is a major restraint of the market.
- The cost of fully automatic vacuum metalizers with advanced features is quite high and is often unaffordable for small and medium-sized enterprises. This can hamper the growth of the vacuum metalizer market.
- The Covid-19 pandemic hampered the growth of the market by restricting the logistics sector and forcing companies to work with a reduced labor force.
Asia Pacific to Have a Major Share of the Global Vacuum Metalizer Market
- Asia Pacific holds maximum share in the global vacuum metalizer market owing to the presence of big manufacturers, rapid urbanization, and growing population in regions such as China, Japan, India, and Taiwan.
- Europe is an emerging market with key players such as Bobst and Kolzer focusing on expanding their business across the globe
Key Manufacturers Active in the Vacuum Metalizer Market Include:
- Perry Videx
- Bühler Group
- Joseph Finn Co., Inc.
- Qingzhou Baofeng Coating Technique Co., Ltd.
- Vacuum Metallizing Limited(CA)
Key manufacturers are focusing on new metalizers with the patented Metacoat technology, which creates a high barrier material solution for the converting & packaging industry. Key manufacturers are focusing on designing vacuum metalizer to handle an exclusive variety of film types that include thin-gauge substrate and heat-sensitive films.
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market: Research Scope
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by Machine type
- High productivity metalizer
- High-performance metalizer
- Chemical vapor deposition metalizer
- Low defect metalizer
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by Mode of Operation
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by Industry
- Flexible Packaging
- Food & Beverages
- Personal & Healthcare
- Home & Office
- Others (Security Application, etc.)
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by End-user Application
- Fresh Food and Frozen Food
- Alcoholic & Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Clothing & Textiles
- Others (Chemicals, etc.)
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by Distribution Channel
- Direct Sales
- Indirect Sales
Global Vacuum Metalizer Market, by Region
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.