UV Filter Market: Overview
- UV filters are used for absorbing or blocking ultraviolet rays of the sun. UV filters are usually used to protect the skin, food, and chemical ingredients from being exposed to UV rays. Increase in use of sun protection lotions and cosmetic items is expected to drive the global UV filter market during the forecast period. Use of anti-aging products is likely to be another driving factor for the global UV filter market in the near future. Climate change and ozone layer depletion are also anticipated to boost the demand for UV filters in the next few years.
Key Drivers of Global UV Filter Market
- Growing concerns about skin cancer and skin-related diseases are projected to fuel the global UV filter market in the near future, as it provides protection against tanning, sunburns, and other skin diseases. UV filters help in absorbing or reflecting the UV light and protect the skin from harmful effects of UV rays. Rising awareness about skin diseases is boosting the demand for sunscreen lotions. This, in turn, is driving the global UV filter market. Marketing campaigns, advertisements, and increase in the demand for cosmetics are anticipated to drive the global market during the forecast period.
- The global UV filter market is competitive, owing to presence of well-diversified international and regional players. UV filters are used extensively across the globe, due to changes in climatic conditions and awareness among people about harmful skin diseases. The global UV filter market witnesses presence of well-established distribution channels for cosmetics, which helps in easy flow of products to end-users.
- Growth in the consumption of skin care products led by climate changes is likely to create lucrative opportunities for the global UV filter market between 2019 and 2027. Various companies are introducing several UV-filters based on the climatic condition and skin type of people. Companies are providing UV filters with a wide price range, which is also a factor driving the global UV filter market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Stringent Government Regulations to Hamper Market
- Stringent government regulations have been imposed on UV filters, especially in the U.S. Several UV filter chemicals are not approved by the FDA. This is likely to hamper the UV filter market in the country during the forecast period.
North America Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global UV Filter Market
- North America is expected to hold a major share of the global UV filter market from 2019 to 2027. The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in the disposable income and large population in the region. Developing economies such as China, India, and Taiwan are markets with high growth potential for skin care, hair care, and makeup products. This is attributable to growth of the UV filter market in these countries. Increasing population, improving standards of living, and increasing consumer spending on cosmetic products have led to increase in the demand for UV filters.
- The UV filter market in Europe is expected to expand at a considerable pace during the forecast period. In North America and Europe, the per capita expenditure on personal care and medical products is high. This factor is expected to propel the UV filter market in these regions during the forecast period.
- In North America, rising disposable income has driven the demand for high-end luxury products among consumers. The millennial population in the U.S. is aging and this has a greater impact on the personal care & beauty care industry in the country. Thus, growing personal care & beauty care industry in the region is fueling the UV filter market in North America.
- Europe is one of the major producers and consumers of UV filters in the world. Per capita expenditure on personal care and medical products is high in North America and Europe, which makes these regions the most promising markets for UV filters.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global UV filter market is highly fragmented, with the top manufacturers accounting for approximately 30%–40% of the market share. Key players operating in the global market are:
- Advance NanoTek Limited
- BASF SE
- Kobo Dynamic
- L'Oréal Group
Global UV Filter Market: Research Scope
Global UV Filter Market, by Product
Global UV Filter Market, by Application
- Anti-UV Protection
Global UV Filter Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.