U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market (State: California, Illinois, Texas, Pennsylvania, New York, Georgia, Florida, Ohio, Washington D.C., and North Carolina) – Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Preventive Cleaning Measures of Solid Surfaces Help Contain Spread of Coronavirus
Acrylic solid surfaces in kitchen countertops and bedroom cabinets are under scrutiny for the spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection. Hence, companies such as Shield Casework— a manufacturer of modern furniture and custom architectural products from acrylic solid surface, is increasing awareness about preventive measures to keep surfaces clean in order to prevent infection transmission. This is crucial since it has been found that COVID-19 pathogens live for hours in the air and for days on surfaces.
An economic slowdown in the construction industry has affected the growth of the U.S. acrylic solid surface market. Uncertainties in the demand and supply of products is another challenge for market players. Hence, companies in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are adopting contingency plans to prepare for future unprecedented demands of end-use customers.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
Researchers Dive Deep in Advanced Polymer Technology to Develop Versatile Products
Luxurious and highly aesthetic acrylic solid surfaces are acquiring prominence in commercial and residential applications. Manufacturers in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are increasing the availability of products that deliver design flexibility and increase durability. In order to gain market visibility, manufacturers are innovating in low-maintenance and renewable solid surface kitchen tops to capitalize on revenue opportunities. As such, the U.S. acrylic solid surface market is slated to expand at a modest CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period.
Acrylic solid surfaces have become synonymous with Corian® Solid Surface by DuPont Specialty Products USA. In order to compete with established market players, emerging players should increase their R&D in advanced polymer technology to manufacture unimaginable and versatile products. Manufacturers are setting their collaboration wheels in motions, and collaborating with designers and researchers to create an illusion of different thicknesses in acrylic solid surfaces.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Quartz and Marble Likely to Inhibit Demand for Acrylic Solid Surfaces
The U.S. acrylic solid surface market is expected to cross the valuation of US$ 4.2 Bn by the end of 2030. However, alternative materials such as quartz composites and marble are likely to inhibit market growth. Hence, manufacturers in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are educating customers about the advantages of solid surfaces. For instance, marble is a popular choice for countertops; however, it is prone to easy scratching and staining as compared to acrylic solid surface. In order to gain market recognition, manufacturers are utilizing high-performance acrylic materials and resins to innovate in product offerings.
Manufacturers are increasing production capacities in solid surface tabletops, wash basins, and solid surface CNC (Computer Numerical Control) work to broaden their revenue streams. As such, there is a high demand for polished and long-lasting acrylic solid surfaces for residential and commercial applications.
U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Manufacturers Face Stiff Competition from German Technologies
Companies in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are benefitting from marble-look solid surface design ideas. However, the U.S. companies are facing competition from existing technologies such as the DCB German technology. Hence, the U.S. manufacturers are increasing efforts to deliver a creative flair in acrylic solid surfaces to bolster product sales. They are introducing simple and luxurious marbled patterns in acrylic solid surfaces to increase product uptake. As such, the U.S. manufacturers are adopting advanced polymer technologies to gain a competitive edge in the global market landscape.
Manufacturers are innovating in customizable and chip-free acrylic solid surfaces. The U.S. companies in the market for acrylic solid surfaces are strengthening their supply chains in countries of the Middle East and Asia due to a high demand for elegant and strong products. Manufacturers are increasing their research expenditure to establish in-house manufacturing units.
ISO Certificate and Personalized Services Increase Product Uptake
Flexibility and personalization are key to excel in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market. Manufacturers are developing products that cater to multiple applications. They are entering into strategic partnerships with European suppliers of high-quality raw materials. This helps manufacturers in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market to avoid supply shocks in materials and prevent delay in project schedules. On-time delivery of products is helping manufacturers boost their credibility credentials. Moreover, green and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certificates are helping manufacturers to comply with green building regulations.
With the help of technical data from labs and innovative fabrication ideas, manufacturers are able to provide personalized services to clients. Companies are hiring a team of specialists and designers that provide appropriate guidance and support to clients. Manufacturers are providing acrylic solid surface sheets that can be thermoformed into any desired shape and size.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
Eco-friendly and Chemically Stable Technologies Help Comply with ISO Standards
Companies in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are offering space for self-expression to clients. In order to achieve this, manufacturers are increasing the availability of solid surface sheets in a vast array of colors and patterns that offer a remarkable finish to kitchen tops and bedroom cabinets. Companies in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are using the latest polymer technology to innovate in different colors of solid surface sheets. They are offering refurbishment services such as surface preparation, damage assessment, and sanding in order to offer product delight.
Manufacturers are innovating in technologies that eco-friendly and chemically stable to comply with regulations laid down by the ISO. This has helped the U.S. manufacturers to increase the availability of hygienic and safe solid surfaces in the market. Experts and trained fabricators in companies are catering to surface-specific fabrication requirements of clients.
Since acrylic solid surfaces have the potential to harbor COVID-19 pathogens, companies in the U.S. acrylic solid surface market are abiding with the ISO standards to develop safe and hygienic products. Refurbishment services are being highly preferred by clients to achieve clean and polished surfaces in acrylic solid surface sheets depending on the extent of the damage. However, alternate products such as quartz and marble are likely to cause hamper market growth. Hence, manufacturers should increase awareness about the advantages of acrylic solid surface, such as more affordability and flexibility in design as compared to marble in order to boost product sales.
U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market: Overview
- Solid surface is a manmade material usually composed of a combination of alumina trihydrate (ATH), acrylic, epoxy or polyester resins, and pigments. It is regularly used for seamless countertop installations.
- Corian is a brand of solid surface material created by DuPont. It is primarily used as a countertop and benchtop surface, though it has many other applications.
- Acrylic solid surface countertops are an ideal choice for an affordable and practical option. Made from nonporous acrylic, solid surface countertops are easy to clean and resist stains and bacteria.
- The acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to increase in demand for acrylic solid surface in countertop applications
- California held a major share of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. in 2019. The acrylic solid surface market in the state is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the presence of a well-established construction sector.
Key Growth Drivers of U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
- Increase in demand for acrylic solid surface in countertop applications offers significant opportunities to the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.
- Recovery of the building & construction sector in the U.S., including the single family housing sector, has driven consumer preferences for modular kitchen and multiple bathroom spaces. This is estimated to propel the consumption of countertops and acrylic solid surface in the near future.
- Inсrеаѕe in numbеr оf соmmеrсіаl еѕtаblіѕhmеntѕ, іnсludіng hоtеlѕ, rеѕtаurаntѕ, mаllѕ, and rеtаіl ѕtоrеѕ, are uѕіng асrуlіс ѕоlіd ѕurfасе as соuntеrtор mаtеrіаl. This іѕ projected tо bооѕt the acrylic soli surface market in the U.S. in the near future.
- Demand for countertops is highly dependent on the expansion of the construction sector. Investments by the U.S. government in housing development is boosting the demand for countertops and acrylic solid surfaces.
- The construction industry in the U.S. continued to expand throughout 2018 and 2019. The construction sector expanded at a moderate pace, owing to strong economy and positive fundamentals for commercial real estate. This was complemented by an increase in federal and state funding for public works and institutional buildings. These factors boosted the demand for acrylic solid surface for various countertops applications in 2019.
- Acrylic solid surface is more cost-effective solution than other stones used for countertops. Acrylic solid surface is easy to install and cost-effective. Sanding or light refurbishing of acrylic solid surface over time is not likely to cost as much as replacement or major renovation that is typically required with stone surfaces.
Major Challenges for U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
- Several types of materials are used to make countertops including granite, marble, quartz, and slate; and artificial materials such as acrylic and polyester solid surfaces. Granite offers durability and desirable esthetic appearance; hence, it is highly preferred among home & building construction contractors. Decline in the average price of granite over the last decade has made this material available to a larger portion of the masses.
- The usage of laminates for countertops is also expected to increase in the near future. The material remains popular, particularly for budget-conscious consumers, due to its favorable performance at a reasonable price. These factors are anticipated to hamper the demand for engineered quartz and acrylic solid surface for countertops.
Lucrative Opportunities for U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
- Acrylic solid surface countertop manufacturing companies can expand their distribution & sales channels across the states of the U.S.
- Companies can invest in product variation to augment their product portfolios and geographic presence
California to Dominate U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
- Residential construction is gaining momentum in California as a valuable housing investment. This is estimated to boost the acrylic solid surface market in California. However, the construction sector in the state is projected to be sluggish during 2020, owing to slow economy, highly subdued home buying activity, and the COVID-19 impact.
- Rise in raw material prices, increased labor costs, and labor shortages are projected to hinder the residential infrastructure market. This, in turn, is likely to adversely affect the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.
Market Players Operating in U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
- Players operating in the acrylic solid surface market can expand their business and product portfolio by entering into partnerships with natural stone or raw material suppliers
- Major players operating in the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. include
- LG Hausys
- ARISTECH SURFACES LLC
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- LOTTE CHEMICAL CALIFORNIA INC.
- Formica Corporation
- Wilsonart LLC
- Hyundai L&C USA
U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. would expand during the forecast period, 2020 - 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S., which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. and estimates statistics related to the growth of the market in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (thousand square feet).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S., along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S., wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
The report provides detailed information about the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market in the U.S. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which state in the U.S. would emerge as a major revenue generator of the acrylic solid surface market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of acrylic solid surface?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.?
- Which state is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.?
Research Methodology – U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the acrylic solid surface market in the U.S. in terms of states. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different states in the U.S. and how they are influencing growth prospects for the acrylic solid surface market in the country.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
1. Executive Summary
1.1. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Snapshot
1.2. Key Market Trends
1.3. Current Market and Future Potential
1.4. TMR’s Growth Opportunity Wheel
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Segmentation
2.2. Market Indicators
2.3. Market Definitions
2.4. Market Dynamics
2.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.6. Value Chain Analysis
3. COVID-19 Impact Analysis
4. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Production Outlook
5. Acrylic Solid Surface Price Trend Analysis, 2019–2030
6. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Analysis and Forecast, by State, 2019–2030
6.1. Key Findings
6.2. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Volume (Thousand Square Feet) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by State, 2019–2030
6.2.3. New York
6.2.5. Washington D.C.
6.2.10. North Carolina
6.3. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Attractiveness, by State
7. Competition Landscape
7.1. U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Company Market Share Analysis, 2019
7.2. Company Profiles (Details – Overview, Financials, Recent Developments, and Strategy)
7.2.1. LG Hausys
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Financial Overview
18.104.22.168. Strategic Overview
7.2.2. DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.3. ARISTECH SURFACES LLC
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
7.2.4. LOTTE CHEMICAL CALIFORNIA INC.
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.5. Formica Corporation
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
7.2.6. Wilsonart LLC
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
7.2.7. Hyundai L&C USA
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
8. Primary Research: Key Insights
List of Tables
Table 1 U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Volume (Thousand Square Feet) Forecast, by State, 2019–2030
Table 2 U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by State, 2019–2030
List of Figures
Figure 1.U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Price Trend, 2019–2030 (US$/Square Foot)
Figure 2.U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Volume Share, by State, 2019, 2025, and 2030
Figure 3.U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Attractiveness, by State
Figure 4.U.S. Acrylic Solid Surface Market Share Analysis, by Company, 2019