Urology Lasers Market: Introduction
- Laser therapy is considered in various minimally invasive surgeries including urology conditions such as kidney stones, bladder tumor, benign prostatic hyperplasia, urinary tract infections, and stricture. Laser therapy includes emission of monochromatic light of the wavelength through various materials such as semiconductors, gases, crystals, and others.
- Technological advancements and adoption of minimally invasive surgeries drive the use of laser therapy in urological interventions and management of various urology conditions. Nd: YAG KTP: YAG, LBO: YAG (Lithium borate), Holmium (HO): YAG, Thulium: YAG, and Co2 lasers are used in the management of urology conditions.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Urology Lasers Market
- Rise in prevalence of urinary diseases, increase in the geriatric population, technological advancements, and presence of key players providing laser devices & therapies are the major factors projected to propel the global urology laser market during the forecast period. Lumenis Company's MOSES Technology is a groundbreaking technology, which offers efficient lithotripsy and BPH treatment with holmium pulse for urology conditions. Launch of innovative urology lasers is a major factor projected to boost the growth of the global urology lasers market during the forecast period.
- Prevalence of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) increases with age, i.e. 8% to 60% in people aged between 40 and 90. Around 30 million men across the globe are affected by benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). These factors are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global urology lasers market during the forecast period. Rise in demand for lasers, especially laser lithotripsy, for kidney stones, female urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infections drive the demand for new lasers and CO2 laser therapy among patients. These factors are expected to propel the global urology lasers market in the next few years.
North America to Dominate Global Urology Lasers Market
- North America dominated the global urology lasers market in 2020, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Increase in patient burden suffering from urology conditions such as bladder stones, benign prostate hyperplasia, and urinary stones; technological advancements, and awareness about urology lasers are likely to augment the urology lasers market in the region during the forecast period.
- According to research, prevalence of bladder stones is higher in men, and is estimated to be 15.2% in the U.S. The prevalence in women is estimated at 2.1% in the country. Increase in incidence of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is high and affects around 14 million men in the U.S. This is likely to drive the urology lasers market in North America during the forecast period.
- Launch of innovative technologically advanced lasers, increase in incidence of urological diseases, such as kidney stones and urinary tract infections, and surge in geriatric population are projected to propel the urology lasers market in Europe in the near future.
Key Companies in Global Urology Lasers Market
- Asclepion Laser Technologies GmbH
- Boston Scientific Corporation
- biolitec AG
- Convergent Laser Technologies
- Healthware Pvt. Ltd.
- EMS Urology
- JenaSurgical GmbH
- Omni Guide Holdings, Inc.
- Olympus Corporation
- Richard Wolf GmbH
- Quanta System
- Other prominent players
Global Urology Lasers Market, Research Scope
Global Urology Lasers Market, by Laser Type
- Nd:YAG (neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet)
- KTP:YAG (potassium titanyl phosphate)
- LBO:YAG (Lithium borate)
- Thulium :YAG
Global Urology Lasers Market, by Indication
- Urinary Stones
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)
- Bladder Tumors
Global Urology Lasers Market, by End-user
- Specialized Clinics/Centers
Global Urology Lasers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa