COVID 19 Impact on Urology Disposables Market
- The negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the urological device market varies according to the severity of each case. Treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED), benign prostate hyperplasia (BPH), and stone management are optional. Hence, these segments experienced significant decline. However, urgent treatments, such as cancer treatment, were less affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Global Urology Disposables Market: Key Trends
- Increase in number of chronic & acute infections and rise in prevalence of urological disorders are expected to boost the growth of the global urology disposables market during the forecast period
- Aging population and the consequent surge in incidence of urology and kidney disorders are likely to propel the global urology disposables market. Rise in prevalence of urologic cancers globally is a major factor projected to augment the global market.
- Government initiatives to improve healthcare services and increase in public awareness drive demand for urology disposables
- Additionally, surge in cases of renal transplant and urinary tract stones is anticipated to propel the global urology disposables market in the next few years. Moreover, technological advancements in healthcare across the world is expected to augment the global urology disposables market. However, risk of infection and surgical failures due to lack of experienced health care professionals are likely to hamper the growth of the global urology disposables market.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Urology Disposables Market
- Advanced healthcare infrastructure and rise in investments are projected to boost the growth of the urology disposables market in North America during the forecast period. Moreover, higher reimbursement rates is anticipated to fuel the growth of the market in the region. Furthermore, the growing medical industry and advanced treatment options are expected to propel the urinary disposables market in North America.
- Europe is likely to be the second largest market for urology disposables during the forecast period owing to well-established healthcare infrastructure. The urology disposables market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years owing to increase in incidence of urological diseases such as kidney stone, urinary tract diseases, and prostate cancer. The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to witness sluggish growth during the forecast period due to lack of medical establishments and lack of skilled healthcare professionals.
- Strong growth of the market in Asia Pacific has induced companies to focus on diversifying their business operations, expanding product portfolio, lowering costs, increasing user satisfaction, and improving urology disposables reliability.
Key Players Operating in Global Urology Disposables Market:
Major players operating in the global urology disposable market are listed below:
- Cook Medical
- Narang Medical Limited
- GPC Medical Ltd.
- Allen Medical
- L-A Medical
- Boston Scientific
- Bard Medical
Global Urology Disposables Market: Research Scope
Global Urology Disposables Market, by Product
- Urine Catheter
- Urine Collection Bags
- Male External Catheter
Global Urology Disposables Market, by Application
- Recovery Centers
Global Urology Disposables Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Urology Disposables Market: Introduction
- Urology is defined as a medical specialty that deals with diseases of the female and male urinary tracts (urethra, kidneys, bladder, and ureters). It also deals with the male reproductive organs (penis, scrotum, testes, and prostate). The prevalence of various urological problems, such as hydrocele, interstitial cystitis, prostate cancer, urinary tract contamination, obstructive uropathy, and hematuria, has increased significantly in the past few years. Urology disposables are medical devices used for precise treatment of these indications. Increase in number of urology disorders & infections and the proliferation of advanced medical units have driven the demand for urology disposables.