Unmanned Petrol Stations Market - Introduction
- Unmanned petrol stations function without the presence of staff, unlike regular petrol stations that are operated manually by staffs. Unmanned petrol stations have been introduced in order to avoid long queues and requirement of manpower.
- Unmanned petrol stations also require less area and can be set up in remote areas as well
- Oil company retailers are looking for reduce costs due to the less profit margins, and decreasing site numbers due to lack of land availability for setting up conventional petrol stations , are the main reason for the introduction of unmanned petrol stations.
- Unmanned petrol stations are a modern-era petrol supply technologies, which is meant to be operated with prepaid card using RFID technology
- Unmanned petrol stations also solve the issue or manning remotely located petrol stations, which results in increased set up cost which includes operational and installation cost.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Key drivers of the unmanned petrol stations market
Need for cost cutting by oil retailing companies to drive demand for unmanned petrol stations
- Automation in petrol stations are expected to reduce cost without altering the final products received by the customers.
- Introduction of electric vehicles and other government regulations has led to significant reduction in revenues of oil retailing companies. Oil retailers have been compelled to reduce operational costs in order to boost revenues.
- Unmanned petrol stations have automated petrol dispensing machines, where the staff is not required, require less cleaning and maintenance, as compared to manned petrol stations.
- Unmanned petrol stations provide better facilities to customers in terms of lesser waiting time, and no cash requirement, and also increased profit margins for the supplier
- Consequently, the demand for unmanned petrol stations is expected to rise significantly in the near future
Lack of knowledge regarding the usage of automated machines in developing countries to hamper demand for unmanned petrol stations
- Penetration of card payment systems in developing countries is considerably low. More number of people prefer to use cash. Majority of the people in developing countries are hesitant to use automated machines due to fear of payment security. Moreover, the fear of causing damage to the dispenser also exists.
- Unmanned petrol stations are expected to be operated by users, without assistance from any staff, and a lack of knowledge regarding the operation of the vending machine of system is expected to hamper the demand for unmanned petrol stations
To get a bird’s eye view of market forecast, ask for a Custom Report
North America to dominate the global unmanned petrol stations market
- North America is expected to account for a prominent share of the global unmanned petrol stations market due to significant investment by oil retailing companies to install automated systems in the region
- Demand for unmanned petrol stations in Asia Pacific is projected to rise at a considerable pace in the near future. Rate of adoption of new automated technologies in countries in Asia Pacific is sluggish, and knowledge regarding the usage of card payment system is improving among the population in the region. These factors are expected to drive the demand for unmanned petrol stations in the region in the near future.
Unmanned Petrol Stations Market - Competition Landscape
Top five players are expected to account for 40% to 45% share of the global unmanned petrol stations market. Key players operating in the unmanned petrol stations market are:
- Siemens AG
- Hectronic GmbH
- Alinz Group
- Gilbarco Veeder Root
- Censtar Science and Technology Co., Ltd
Founded in 1847, Siemens AG is headquartered in Munich, Germany. The company provides products and services through its principal divisions, namely, industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure & Cities. It has an employee base of 379,000 (2018), and as operations in various countries across the globe.
Founded in 1996, Hectronic GmbH is headquartered in Bonndorf, Germany. It provides its products and services in the parking and fuelling market segments. The company’s operations are scattered worldwide and has more than 70 distribution partners across the globe.
Global Unmanned Petrol Stations Market - Research Scope
Global Unmanned Petrol Stations, by Component
Global Unmanned Petrol Stations Market, by Region
- North America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific
- South America
- RFID technology
- Autonomous System
- Video Surveillance System
- Self Service System
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.