An unmanned system is a remote or self-piloted machine equipped with all the required sensors, data processing centers, automatic control, and communication systems. This system is capable of performing various operations such as military missions, rescue or search missions, civilian surveillance, and law enforcement. Depending on their application, unmanned systems can be classified into the unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), unmanned undersea vehicle (UUV), and unmanned ground vehicle (UGV) categories. The prime objective behind manufacturing them is to derive excellent mechanical properties, durability, and cost effectiveness with respect to manufacturing and maintenance, without any added weight. The composite structure is a natural fit for an unmanned system on account of its ability to impart properties such as strength and stiffness while simultaneously reducing the system’s overall weight. A composite, as the name suggests, essentially comprises two or possibly more distinct materials, one out of which is a binding material (matrix) and the other a reinforcement material (fiber).The former could be metallic, polymeric, or ceramic while the fiber could be made from carbon, glass, boron, or aramid. The unmanned composite materials market can be divided on the basis of composite materials used into the following sectors: carbon fiber reinforced plastics (CFRP), glass fiber reinforced plastics (GFRP), boron fiber reinforced plastics (BFRP), and aramid fiber reinforced plastics (AFRP). CFRP is the primary composite used in the construction of unmanned systems, particularly UAV airframes. These composites consist of thermoset resins which are cured when subjected to heating and used along with carbon fiber as a structural component. They are much lighter than GFRP and stronger than metals.
The unmanned composite materials market has been advancing over the years owing to the suitably lightweight characteristics of composites. The increasing demand for lightweight and electric conducive composites is a contributing factor. Disruptive technologies regarding UAV play a pivotal role in the future of aviation, particularly in military applications. The UAV segment holds a significant share in the unmanned system market owing to the increasing usage of target drones, radar decoys, information, surveillance, reconnaissance (ISR) aircraft, and combat aerial vehicles to support military and defense operations. This is expected to fuel the demand for unmanned systems in the near future.
In terms of region, North America, and predominantly the U.S., accounted for a dominant share in the global unmanned composite materials market. Greater emphasis and subsequent expenditure on defense systems by the U.S. government is projected to propel this market. Based on production, Europe leads the market, due to the development of the dual-use system for military and civilian applications driven by countries such as France and Germany. Asia Pacific is estimated to exhibit major growth in the near future, owing to the rapidly increasing adoption of UAV aircrafts and aerostat systems in China, India, South Korea, and Southeast Asia. However, the high costs involved in the manufacturing of unmanned systems may prove to be a hindrance.
Key players operating in the market include Royal TenCate N.V., Toray Industries, Hexcel Corporations, Cytec Industries, Teijin Limited, Owens Corning Corporation, Northrop Grumman, Gulfstream Aerospace & Aerovironment, and Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?