Underwater Concrete Foam Market: Introduction
- Foam concrete is a lightweight aerated concrete made of slurry of cement with 20% foam entrained into the plastic mortar
- Foam concrete is produced by two methods: pre-foaming method and mixed foaming method. The pre-foaming method involves individual production of mixture of cement slurry, and a stable foam, by mixing foam blowing agent with water. When cement and foam is ready, it is mixed together to make foam cement.
- In mixed foaming method, foaming agent is added to the concrete base mixture that results in the production of mixing foam, which improves cellular structure of concrete
- Underwater concrete is majority used to prevent segregation of concrete under the water. Due to this, various types of admixtures are used with the objective of maintaining and enhancing durability of concrete. In order to achieve this, foam is employed in the production of underwater concrete structures.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Underwater Concrete Foam Market, Request a Brochure here
Key Drivers of Global Underwater Concrete Foam Market
- Foam is being increasingly used in the production of underwater concrete due to its properties, such as thermal insulation, fire resistance, workability, flow-ability, sound absorption, self-compacting, density, energy absorption, etc.
- Need for repair and maintenance of existing underwater structures, coupled with increasing construction of dams and tunnels in developed and developing countries is expected to drive the market for underwater concrete foam in the near future
- Advancements in the construction of swimming pools and marine installation, including underground shafts and port & harbor installations, are projected to drive the underwater concrete foam market
- Rapid growth of the global building & construction industry is another key factor driving the global underwater concrete foam market. Underwater concrete foam’s excellent water resistance and self-compacting ability has made it a preferred choice for the construction of various underwater structures, including aquarium tunnels, military submarines, building repair, repair of wastewater treatment facilities, and immersed tunnels. All these factors are anticipated to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
High Cost of Production to Hamper Market Growth
- Cost of production of concrete foam is relatively higher than concrete without foam. This is estimated to hamper the growth of the market in the near future.
- Early damaging or breaking down of underwater structures due to improper ratio of concrete and foam during production of underwater concrete foam is expected to increase cost and schedule overruns
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Global Underwater Concrete Foam Market
In terms of region, the global underwater concrete foam market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is a leading region. The underwater concrete foam market in countries, such as China, India, Japan, Malaysia, Thailand, etc., is expected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Rising urbanization, growing construction activities, and changing economic status are some of the prime factors boosting the market growth in the region.
- Increase in government funding in building & construction sector in India and China is projected to drive the demand for underwater concrete structures in the near future
- Europe is anticipated to be the second largest market for underwater concrete foam and is expanding considerably driven by the rise in demand for underwater construction in Russia and Nordic countries
- Rise in reconstruction activities in Germany, France, and the U.K. is likely to boost the demand for underwater concrete foam during the forecast period. Countries in Rest of Europe, such as Denmark, the Netherlands, etc., are expected to provide lucrative opportunities to the manufacturers of underwater concrete foam due to increase in construction index and construction activities in Europe.
- The underwater concrete foam market Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. High cost of imports and lack of infrastructure facilities are anticipated to hamper the market growth in these regions.
- Increase in construction activities in Brazil and South Africa due to rise in population in these countries is expected to boost the market in Latin America.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Underwater Concrete Foam Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Increase of research & development and capacity expansion are the main strategies adopted by key players operating in the global underwater concrete foam market.
Key players operating in the global underwater concrete foam market include:
- Italicementi S.p.A.
- HeidelbergCement Group
- Sika AG
- Cemex S.A.B. De C.V.
- Rockbond SCP Ltd
- M CON Products Inc.
- Conmix Ltd
- Underground Supply, Inc.
- Wieser Concrete Products Inc.
- Nautilus Dive-Company GmbH
- Underwater Construction Corporation
Global Underwater Concrete Foam Market: Research Scope
Global Underwater Concrete Foam Market, by Application
- Hydro Projects
- Marine Constructions
- Underwater Repair
Global Underwater Concrete Foam Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.