Underwater Camera Housing Market: Introduction
- An underwater camera housing is a device used as a cover case that envelops the camera when used inside water. Camera housings are usually waterproof and pressure-proof to sustain the high pressure inside the sea. In other words, underwater camera housings act as a protective cover case for cameras and provide protection from water and high pressure while conducting underwater photography.
Key Drivers of the Global Underwater Camera Housing Market
- Growing popularity of marine tourism and broadcasting channels is one of the key growth factors for the underwater camera housing market. Increasing number of youngsters opting for adventure tours to escape their daily routine and experience new adventures is propelling the tourism industry significantly. Underwater tourism is gaining traction as ocean depths are being considered as new areas of exploration. New scuba diving sites are coming up for underwater sightseeing across the world. Additionally, exploration of new marine animals by marine researchers is gradually becoming popular worldwide.
- Furthermore, a surge in the number of internet users across the globe due to increasing internet penetration and growing adoption of mobile devices and tablets is seen. The number of users on various social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, YouTube, and Twitter has increased significantly due to the popularity of these platforms. A large number of individuals post and share their activity right from breakfast to adventure trips on social media. For example, Umbul Pongokk a pond in Indonesia became popular for underwater snorkeling and photography through the Instagram app. Currently, the pond has an Instagram account with 40000 followers. Therefore, demand for underwater camera housing is anticipated to increase during the forecast period with the growth of such social media applications.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Underwater Camera Housing Market, Request for a Sample
Increasing millennial population in emerging economies anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the underwater camera housing market
- Population of young people is increasing in developing economies such as China and India. This young population is tech savvy and willing to invest in the best of gadgets to keep abreast of ongoing trends in the market. Increasing number of youth are opting for underwater cameras to capture underwater scenes such as beautiful coral reefs, underwater creatures, and wrecked ships, and share them on social media for their family and friends. This is projected to drive the underwater camera housing market.
Asia Pacific offers growth avenues for the global underwater camera housing market
- Geographically, the global underwater camera housing market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA).
- Countries in North America and Europe are home to some of the key coastal beaches as well as coral reefs that are popular for underwater snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Asia Pacific on the other hand is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities in the next couple of years. Increasing youth population, emergence of new tourism hubs (especially marine tourism) as well as shift of tour vacations from western regions to the Asia Pacific region is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for the underwater camera housing market.
- Other regions such as South America and Middle East & Africa have strong potential growth for the underwater camera housing market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
The global underwater camera housing market is moderately fragmented with presence of many key global players along with many regional manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global underwater camera housing market include:
- Sea & Sea Co.
- Aquatica Digital
- Light and Motion
- Olympus Corporation
- Fisheye (FIX)
- Scuba Network Ltd. (10bar)
- Payward, Inc. (Kraken)
Global Underwater Camera Housing Market: Research Scope
Global Underwater Camera Housing Market, by Camera Type
- Compact Camera
- Mirrorless Camera
- DSLR Camera
- Others (Monitors & Video Recorders etc.)
Global Underwater Camera Housing Market, by Material Type
Global Underwater Camera Housing Market, by Price Range
- Less than US$ 500
- US$ 500 – US$ 999
- US$ 1000 – US$ 1500
- Above US$ 1500
Global Underwater Camera Housing Market, by Distribution Channel
- Company Owned Sites
- E-commerce Sites
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Speciality Stores
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.