Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market: Wet and Stabilize Pigments
- Ultrasonic flow meters use sound waves to determine the velocity of a fluid flowing in a pipe. At no flow condition, the frequency of an ultrasonic wave transmitted into a pipe and the frequency of the reflected wave from the fluid are the same. Under flowing condition, the frequency of the reflected wave is different from the frequency of wave transmitted into a pipe, due to the Doppler Effect.
- When the fluid moves faster, the frequency shift increases linearly. The transmitter processes signals from the transmitted wave and its reflections to determine the flow rate.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key drivers of global ultrasonic slow meter market
- Demand for ultrasonic flow meter is expected to rise during the forecast period, as it is a cost-effective technology and owing to its usage in various applications specific industries such as oil & gas
- Expansion of the market can be attributed to several factors such as increasing green field investments in China, increase in shale gas exploration activities in the U.S, and rise in demand for advanced flow measuring technologies.
- Expansion of the energy industry across the globe is a key factor driving the global ultrasonic flow meter market. Moreover, recent development of multipath meters and rising demand for flow meters for custody transfer applications are key factors fueling the global ultrasonic flow meter market.
- In terms of measurement technology, the transit-time segment dominated the global market in 2018, owing to its owing to its ability to measure bi-directional and precise flow. This technology can be utilized for both natural gas and petroleum liquid.
- Oil & gas and water & wastewater industries require precise flow measurement technologies in their process, which is expected to drive the demand for transit-time technology flow meters during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, hybrid is an upcoming measurement technology and the segment held a significant share of the ultrasonic flow meter market in 2018. This technology is a combination of both transit-time and Doppler technologies, which is primarily utilized by the water & wastewater industry.
Oil & gas segment to offer attractive opportunities
- The oil & gas segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the need for precise accuracy flow measurement in custody transfer applications in the oil & gas industry. Ultrasonic flow meters are also utilized for pump testing & inspection, methanol & water injection metering, verification of in-line meters, and water measurements.
- Ultrasonic flow meters are presently widely used in chemical and refining industries to measure processed gasses. Ultrasonic meters perform well in large pipe sizes, as size is also advantageous for ultrasonic meters as they have more scope for the ultrasonic signal to cross.
- Ultrasonic flow meters are also employed in the refining & petrochemicals sector to measure the flow of petroleum and non-petroleum liquids, thus driving the global market significantly.
- The rise in demand for ultrasonic flow meter is majorly contributed by the multipath meters used for the custody transfer of natural gas. Moreover, the precise accuracy, reliability, obstruction-free measurements, and wide industrial use are expected to propel the ultrasonic flow meter market at a significant CAGR during the forecast period.
Intense competition from counterparts and stringent regulations to hamper market
- However, availability of a wide range of flow meters is a key factor hampering the global ultrasonic flow meter market
- Manufacturers, which are involved in manufacturing and implementation of traditional flow meters are not willing to switch to the latest technology to avoid bearing risk. This attitude can hinder the global ultrasonic flow meter market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on ultrasonic flow meter market here
Asia Pacific expected to hold significant share of global ultrasonic flow meter market
- In terms of region, the global ultrasonic flow meter market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is a prominent market for ultrasonic flow meter, globally, and the market in the region is estimated to expand during the forecast period. This expansion is estimated to be primarily driven by the increasing investment in water & wastewater, energy & power, refining, chemicals, and industrial infrastructure activities in developing countries, such as China and India, in the region
- Key players using ultrasonic flow meters in the region are Cameron, Katronic, Endress+Hauser, Krohne, and Emerson. As per BP stats 2019, gas production in Saudi Arabia's has been rising at 4% to 5% per year, which is expected to drive the demand for ultrasonic flow meter in the near future.
Key players operating in the market
The ultrasonic flow meter market is dominated by a few major players that have a wide regional presence. Siemens is actively investing in R&D activities to develop innovative and sustainable solutions for its customers. This is expected to help the company to strengthen its presence in the global ultrasonic flow meter market. Key players operating in the ultrasonic slow meter market include:
- Siemens AG
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Badger Meter, Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Endress+Hauser Management AG
- Honeywell International Inc.
- KROHNE Group
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Faure Herman SA
- Index Corporation
- Invensys Process Systems
- Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Teledyne Isco Inc.
Global Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market: Research Scope
Global Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market, by Implementation Type
Global Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market, by Measurement Technology
Global Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market, by Number of Paths
- 1-Path Transit-Time
- 2-Path Transit-Time
- 3 and Above Path Transit-Time
Global Ultrasonic Flow Meter Market, by End-use Industry
- Water & Waste Water
- Refining & Petrochemicals
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.