Ultrafiltered Milk Market Outlook
Nowadays, the dairy industry is dealing with various challenges such as slow-down in demand from developing countries, fluctuation in the pricing system, and rampant corruption in the dairy industry. Despite this, the long-term outlook for the dairy industry seems positive due to rising population, changing lifestyle, and increasing demand for health and nutritional food products globally. Milk is the one of the most produced and appreciated agricultural commodities globally owing to rising disposable income in emerging markets, growing demand for healthy and clean label products, and accelerating demand for protein consumption which will drive the innovation in the market. Before 2017, Canada changed its policy and stopped importing milk from the U.S., owing to which there has been an oversupply of milk in the U.S. for over a year resulting in financial pressure for dairy farmers. However, this supply and demand imbalance lead to increase in the production of ultrafiltered milk and create a new marketplace for ample milk supplies. Ultrafiltered milk is also known as diafiltered milk which is a subcategory of milk protein concentrate which has become a more widely available product in the market. Ultrafiltered milk offers various health benefits such as it contain more protein, calcium, vitamins & minerals, lactose-free, and less sugar than ordinary milk, thus the product offering resonates well with the consumer’s growing demand. Changing consumer preferences, and demanding for nutritional products has created a new platform for ultrafiltered milk in the market. It can be used to produce fresh dairy-based food and beverages that are rich in protein, lower sugar, and carbohydrates than ordinary milk.
Reasons for Covering Ultrafiltered Milk Market Title
Expanding dairy industry, rising consumer awareness, rapidly growing demand for high protein milk products, increasing prevalence of lactose intolerance in adulthood, innovation in product packaging, accelerating online sales channel that helps in distributing the FMCG products directly to end-use consumers are the some of the reasons for focusing on ultrafiltered milk market. Moreover, companies are seeking for a natural dairy ingredient for cheese making, and are focused on inorganic growth through partnership with retailers to reinvest in the dairy products to change the customer perception and past product experience. However, stringent government regulations, consumers are inclining towards non-dairy products, the presence of alternative products in the market with high market penetration, and price fluctuation in the dairy market are some of the factors that may hinder the growth of global ultrafiltered milk market during the forecast period.
Global Ultrafiltered Milk: Market Segmentation
On the basis of type, the global ultrafiltered milk market has been segmented as –
- Skimmed Milk
- Whole Milk
On the basis of application, the global ultrafiltered milk market has been segmented as –
On the basis of the distribution channel, the global ultrafiltered milk market has been segmented as –
- Store-based Retail
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Stores
- Store-based Retail
- Online Retail
Market Share for Ultrafiltered Milk Market by Application, 2017
Global Ultrafiltered Milk Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global ultrafiltered milk market are The Coca-Cola Company, HP Hood LLC, Idaho Milk Products, Inc., Fonterra Co-operative Group, Kerry Group, Tatura Milk Industries Ltd., Darigold Ingredients Company, Erie Foods International, Inc., Enka Sut Company, Grassland Dairy Products, and others.
Region Wise Market Presence of Key Manufacturers in Global Ultrafiltered Milk Market
Consumers are demand for processed cheese food, a wide range of nutritional products, clean label products, increasing supply chain channel, and frequently launch of novel products are some of the leading factors driving the growth of the global premiumization milk market. Moreover, the rise in demand for a natural and concentrated form of milk in cheese making with flexible labeling restrictions, innovation across the value-added dairy industry, product premiumization, and a launch of the product with new packaging, and growing research and development activities are expected to raise the ultrafiltered milk market during the forecast period.
Global Ultrafiltered Milk Market: Key Developments
- In June 2018, The Coca-Cola Company has introduced new ultrafiltered milk ‘Fairlife’- a high protein ultrafiltered milk, in Canada market and planned to establish a new production facility to in Peterborough, Ontario by 2020. The company has launched the ultrafiltered milk to expand its market footprint along with customer base globally. The product was launched in 2014 in Minnesota and is distributed across the US market.
- In 2017, The U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced that ultrafiltered milk can now be used to make all any of natural cheese products. The ultrafiltered milk is the fresh farm milk develop through a filter process to minimize the amount of water and lactose and focus on the natural proteins. This will allow cheesemakers to use ultrafiltered milk with natural and concentrated form in cheese making products.
Opportunities for Global Ultrafiltered Milk Market Participants
Growing demand for dairy products, increasing product penetration or adoption rate in developing countries, coupled with collaborating with local dairy farmers for producing high-quality milk products are the factors due to which ultrafiltered milk market revenue is expected to grow at a rapid growth rate, over the forecast period. Moreover, rise in demand for lactose-free milk, expanding distribution channel for product availability, and re-design or new product development is the primary factors seems to create the opportunities for the global ultrafiltered milk market in the near future.
Brief Approach to Research
A modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the type, application, and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the ultrafiltered milk market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the ultrafiltered milk market and its potential
- Market dynamics impacting the ultrafiltered milk market, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the ultrafiltered milk market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major ultrafiltered milk market participants
- Analysis of ultrafiltered milk supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the ultrafiltered milk market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the ultrafiltered milk market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.