Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market: Introduction
- Ultra-lightweight cement composite is a type of composite cement that is used for developing onshore and offshore infrastructure. Different types of fibers such as smooth steel fiber (SF), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) fiber, polyethylene (PE) fiber, and their combinations are employed in the development of ultra-lightweight cement composites to increase their flexural tensile strength.
- Ultra-lightweight cement composites offer high compressive strength due to creation of strong cement paste matrices that provide ‘three dimensional’ confinement to cenospheres
- Ultra-lightweight cement composites also possess low thermal conductivity due to the incorporation of hollow cenospheres as micro-aggregates. This effectively decreases the density of ultra-lightweight cement composites and introduces voids. Ultra-lightweight cement composite’s thermal conductivity is 80% and 54% lower than that of concrete and cement paste, respectively.
Key Drivers & Restrains of Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market
- Increase in demand for lightweight cement composites in energy efficient building & offshore construction is expected to drive the ultra-lightweight cement composites market during the forecast period. Ultra-lightweight cement composites offer rapid and easy installation at construction sites owing to their lower self-weight, thereby improving productivity and saving time in construction activities. This makes them ideal for usage in offshore construction applications.
- Rise in capital expenditure on infrastructure development due to increase in population and strong economic growth in developing and developed countries is anticipated to propel the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market. Ultra-lightweight cement composites exhibit low thermal conductivity and high compressive strength. However, availability of alternate substitutes is projected to restrain the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Offshore Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be segmented based on fiber, application, and region
- In terms of fiber, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be divided into steel, polymer, glass, and others. The polymer segment is anticipated to expand, as polymer offers high durability and improves service life & performance of structures compared to its alternates.
- Based on application, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be classified into buildings, bridge, offshore, and others. The offshore segment is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for floating production vessels for exploration and production of unconventional & conventional resources in ultra-deep water location. Ultra-lightweight cement composites help in manufacture of lightweight structures in comparison to conventional concrete structures. Therefore, it is an ideal option over other alternates.
North America Anticipated to Dominate Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market
- In terms of region, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in North America is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for manufacture of thin concrete products such as panels with mechanical durability and high esthetic appearance.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in spending on infrastructure development such as rail & road networks, bridges, housing, and commercial & industrial construction, primarily in developing and developed nation, such as Japan, South Korea, India, and China. For instance, in 2018, infrastructure sector in India has witnessed venture capital and private equity investment worth US$ 1.97 billion.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Europe is predicted to witness growth during the forecast period due to the rise in construction activities, which has resulted in high demand for lightweight cement composites. For instance, in September 2019, The European Investment Bank (EIB) announced to finance worth US$ 7.84 Bn for projects in the fields of education, health, telecoms, sustainable transport, clean energy, and social housing.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for production of oil and gas resources in subsea locations.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market include:
- Ability Building Chemicals
- Lehigh White Cement
- Birla White
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Fiber
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Application
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.