Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market: Introduction
- Ultra-lightweight cement composite is a type of composite cement that is used for developing onshore and offshore infrastructure. Different types of fibers such as smooth steel fiber (SF), polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) fiber, polyethylene (PE) fiber, and their combinations are employed in the development of ultra-lightweight cement composites to increase their flexural tensile strength.
- Ultra-lightweight cement composites offer high compressive strength due to creation of strong cement paste matrices that provide ‘three dimensional’ confinement to cenospheres
- Ultra-lightweight cement composites also possess low thermal conductivity due to the incorporation of hollow cenospheres as micro-aggregates. This effectively decreases the density of ultra-lightweight cement composites and introduces voids. Ultra-lightweight cement composite’s thermal conductivity is 80% and 54% lower than that of concrete and cement paste, respectively.
Key Drivers & Restrains of Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market
- Increase in demand for lightweight cement composites in energy efficient building & offshore construction is expected to drive the ultra-lightweight cement composites market during the forecast period. Ultra-lightweight cement composites offer rapid and easy installation at construction sites owing to their lower self-weight, thereby improving productivity and saving time in construction activities. This makes them ideal for usage in offshore construction applications.
- Rise in capital expenditure on infrastructure development due to increase in population and strong economic growth in developing and developed countries is anticipated to propel the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market. Ultra-lightweight cement composites exhibit low thermal conductivity and high compressive strength. However, availability of alternate substitutes is projected to restrain the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Offshore Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Global Market
- The global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be segmented based on fiber, application, and region
- In terms of fiber, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be divided into steel, polymer, glass, and others. The polymer segment is anticipated to expand, as polymer offers high durability and improves service life & performance of structures compared to its alternates.
- Based on application, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be classified into buildings, bridge, offshore, and others. The offshore segment is likely to expand significantly during the forecast period due to the rise in demand for floating production vessels for exploration and production of unconventional & conventional resources in ultra-deep water location. Ultra-lightweight cement composites help in manufacture of lightweight structures in comparison to conventional concrete structures. Therefore, it is an ideal option over other alternates.
North America Anticipated to Dominate Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market
- In terms of region, the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market can be divided into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in North America is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for manufacture of thin concrete products such as panels with mechanical durability and high esthetic appearance.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in spending on infrastructure development such as rail & road networks, bridges, housing, and commercial & industrial construction, primarily in developing and developed nation, such as Japan, South Korea, India, and China. For instance, in 2018, infrastructure sector in India has witnessed venture capital and private equity investment worth US$ 1.97 billion.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Europe is predicted to witness growth during the forecast period due to the rise in construction activities, which has resulted in high demand for lightweight cement composites. For instance, in September 2019, The European Investment Bank (EIB) announced to finance worth US$ 7.84 Bn for projects in the fields of education, health, telecoms, sustainable transport, clean energy, and social housing.
- The ultra-lightweight cement composites market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is likely to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for production of oil and gas resources in subsea locations.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global ultra-lightweight cement composites market include:
- Ability Building Chemicals
- Lehigh White Cement
- Birla White
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market: Research Scope
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Fiber
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Application
Global Ultra-lightweight Cement Composites Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.