Ultra High Power LEDs: Introduction
- Ultra high power (UHP) LEDs are extremely lightweight, shock resistant, and cost saving products
- Ultra high power LEDs focus on providing excellent visibility with an LED light source at lower cost by using metal halide and high pressure sodium lights
- Ultra high power LEDs have longer lifespan even at higher operating temperatures and currents than earlier LED technology
- Ultra high power LED series provides superior benefits for lighting roadways, interchanges, and in a variety of large area applications
- Based on type, ultra high power LEDs are classified into white, blue, green, and others
- Ultra high power LEDs are used in various applications such as fluorescence microscopy, optogenetics, chemical reaction activation, uncaging, bio analysis, and machine vision
Growing Demand for Ultra High Power LEDs for Fluorescence Microscopy Application
- Ultra high power LEDs are largely used in fluorescence microscopy applications, as it produces highly homogeneous flat field illumination under a microscope without need for an additional diffuser
- Ultra high power LED provides significant increase in power in comparison to high power LED devices. Ultra high power LED offers (> 50 Watt) power due to which it replaces lamps in fluorescence microscopy, optogenetics, patterned illumination, confocal microscopy, and numerous other applications
- The UHP-Mic-LED can be used with a full range of other optical optiblocks such as fiber coupler, liquid light guide coupler, beam combiner, filter wheel, and beam switcher
- Furthermore, ultra-high power LED light source modules are available at wavelengths from UV to NIR and white. Multiple modules can be easily combined to create multi-wavelength light source.
- As a result of these factors, demand for ultra high power LEDs in fluorescence microscopy applications is growing, which is expected to drive the global ultra high power LEDs market during the forecast period
North America to Lead the Ultra High Power LEDs Market
- In terms of region, the global ultra high power LEDs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global ultra high power LEDs market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of ultra high power LEDs operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in ultra high power LEDs which is expected to boost the ultra high power LEDs market in the region during the forecast period
- The ultra high power LEDs market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Ultra High Power LEDs Market
The global ultra high power LEDs market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for ultra high power LEDs. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global ultra high power LEDs market are listed below:
- Cree, Inc.
- Luckylight Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Lumileds Holding B.V.
- Mightex Systems
- Nichia Corporation
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH
- Prizmatix Israel
- Spinlux Inc.
Global Ultra High Power LEDs Market: Research Scope
Global Ultra High Power LEDs Market, by Type
Global Ultra High Power LEDs Market, by Application
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Chemical Reaction Activation
- Bio Analysis
- Machine Vision