U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market (Source: Household Appliances, IT & Telecommunication Equipment, Consumer Equipment & PV, and Others; and End Use: Material Recycling, Energy Recovery, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Defra to Consider Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on Collection Targets
The coronavirus (COVID-19) is rewriting the nature of the global society. According to the data published by the Environment Agency, U.K., collection targets for WEEE (Waste of Electrical and Electronic Equipment) were missed in the second quarter of 2020. This means that companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market need to pay a compliance fee, as collection targets were missed. Companies are adhering to the guidelines set by the Defra (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs), the U.K., to abide by the compliance fee methodologies.
Companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market have registered a drastic fall in the collection of household appliances compared to provisional figures published in 2019. Hence, Defra is increasing efforts to draw possible leniency in compliance fee methodologies to minimize the pressure put on recycling companies.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
Environment-safe Recycling Activities Help Meet Desired Project Outcomes
Developing environment-safe recycling processes for WEEE management has become the need of the hour. Hence, companies such as Sustainable Innovations (SIE)— a Spanish advisory firm deploying its services in European countries, has introduced its 48-month project called PLAST2bCLEANED, which is in its communication strategy phase to deploy environment-safe recycling processes for WEEE management. Thus, companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market can take cues from such firms to initiate ambitious objectives for WEEE plastics recycling.
The U.K. WEEE waste recycling market is projected to reach a valuation of ~US$ 200 Mn by the end of 2030. Companies are increasing efforts to innovate in communication strategies that help educate the general public. They are organizing a series of knowledge transfer activities that help to meet desired project outcomes.
Consultancy Firms Collaborate with Recycling Companies to Deploy Profitability
The U.K. WEEE waste recycling market is expected to clock a favorable CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. This indicates that WEEE is a rapidly growing sub-sector of the larger waste and recycling industry. However, recycling companies need to comply with WEEE regulations in order to prevent materials from harming the environment. Hence, companies such as OPEX Corporation— a specialist in high-speed mail and warehouse automation, are increasing efforts to help recycling companies streamline their workflow to deliver efficiency and profitability.
Companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market can be relieved, since the WEEE Regulations 2006 even apply to the producers and manufacturers. This helps in sharing the responsibility of safely disposing WEEE waste and reduce the waste treatment pressure on local authorities and taxpayers. Thus, recycling companies are taking the assistance of consultancy firms to efficiently finance the collection and treatment of WEEE waste.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Technological Innovations Facilitate Treatment of Low Grade WEEE Concentrates
The European Institute of Innovation & Technology (EIT) is increasing its R&D to upscale in the metallurgical treatment of 100% WEEE concentrates. Companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market should collaborate with such institutes to innovate in processing technologies. They are increasing their research to develop a smelting furnace in combination with an optimized separation and refining process, which facilitates the treatment of 100% low grade WEEE concentrates. Recycling companies are deploying technological innovations to recover rare metals such as silver, copper, platinum, etc.
European experts are anticipating that WEEE waste collection is about to climb several million tons by the end of 2020. Hence, companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market are taking cues from the Bollate Prison in Milan to increase rates for the collection and treatment of WEEE. Recycling companies are promoting social inclusion and job creation to improve operational efficiencies in organizations.
Sustainable Electronic Product Designs Help Ease Recycling Processes
Rapidly growing ICT networks and services have raised the need of strict and broader legislation for WEEE waste management. The increasing number of electrical devices and electronic equipment is becoming obsolete, which is one of the key drivers translating into business opportunities for companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market. This is why recycling companies are relying on continuous process developments to improve and incorporate state-of-the-art innovations in recycling.
Companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market are promoting the reuse and renovation of WEEE to reduce its ecological environmental impact. They are adopting sustainability planning methods such as eco-designs to effectively dismantle and recycle WEEE concentrates. Recycling companies are increasing awareness about sustainable electronic product designs, which help to simply recycling processes and reduce costs for companies.
Industry-led Initiatives Deploy Efficient Information Exchange Between Producers and Recyclers
Companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market should participate on workshops conducted by the European Commission. The European Commission is increasing efforts to improve information dissemination with regard to WEEE waste treatment. This information exchange is crucial between electrical devices and electronic equipment manufacturers and recyclers to minimize the environmental impacts caused due to improper disposal of WEEE. As such, the concept of achieving a circular economy is becoming increasingly popular in the market landscape.
The trend of sustainable electronic product designs is playing a key role in efficient information exchange between product manufacturers and recyclers. Local authorities are offering incentives and tools to electronic product manufacturers to deploy sustainable product designs. With the advent of new product launches due to fast obsolesce of devices, recyclers are emphasizing on reuse and recycling of sustainable materials. There is a growing need for industry-led, collaborative initiatives to improve operational efficiencies at treatment facilities when new electrical and electronic equipment are placed in the U.K. market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
The £5 million WEEE Support Grants and Loans Package is helping the continuation of WEEE waste collection and recycling amidst uncertainties stemming from the coronavirus outbreak. Advisory and consultancy firms are playing a crucial role in improving the workflow in recycling companies and deliver profitability for clients. The idea of establishing a circular economy is helping producers and recyclers to save on resources and create more employment opportunities. However, several metric tons of generated e-waste lacks documentation, ends up in landfills, burned or are illegally traded. Hence, companies in the U.K. WEEE waste recycling market should devise knowledge transfer activities to increase rates of collection and management of WEEE concentrates.
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. for the historical period 2019 and the forecast period of 2020 to 2030, rise in awareness about recycling of electrical & electronic waste is a key factor expected to boost the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. is estimated to reach ~US$ 200 Mn by 2030, expanding at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period. Based on end use, material recycling is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. during the forecast period.
Rise in Focus on Circular Economy: Key Driver of U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
- Demand for WEEE waste recycling has been increasing significantly in the U.K. due to rise in the volume of WEEE waste. According to the Global E-waste Monitor report 2020, the U.K. generates 23.9 kg per capita of e-waste per year.
- Industrialization and globalization have led to a significant rise in household income of the middle class population in the U.K. This has boosted the spending on luxury items including electronics. However, upgrade and advancements in electronic products are encouraging end users to replace products regularly. Ongoing replacement of existing electronics product is increasing the volume of WEEE waste stream. This is anticipated to propel the demand for WEEE waste recycling in the U.K. in the near future.
- Industrialization and automation of the manufacturing process have led to increase in usage of electronics goods. However, short lifespan of these products results in frequent replacements.
- Technological advancements and system upgrades such as IoT and AI solutions have also compelled companies to update their processes according to the technology
- Population in the U.K. has been rising steadily since the past few years. The population stood at around 64.85 million in 2015 and reached 66.7 million in 2019. Thus, demand for electronics products has been rising in the U.K. Around 206,000 tons of new electrical products were sold in the U.K. in 2019.
- These factors are encouraging end users to replace exciting electronic products or buy new ones, leading to the generation of more e-waste in the U.K. Rise in e-waste generation is likely to boost the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. in the near future.
- Rise in e-waste management practices and rise in laws related to the handling of e-waste are anticipated to create opportunities in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.
Increase in Applications of WEEE Waste Recycling in Material Recycling
- Demand for material recycling in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. has been increasing significantly since the last few years due to the surge in consumption of secondary materials. Furthermore, rise in risks associated with disposal of hazardous wastes such as e-waste is a major factor attracting investments in material recycling facilities.
- WEEE waste contains high amount of metals including gold, silver, copper, steel, and iron. Hence, companies are focusing on metal recovery. Rise in demand for material recycling is projected to propel the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. during the forecast period.
- WEEE waste recycling allows the recovery of valuable materials from waste stream of electrical & electronics equipment. This application of WEEE waste recycling in material recycling facilities plays a significant role in the growth of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of companies operating in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. are
- Sims Metal Management Limited
- Ragn-Sells Group
- REMONDIS SE & Co. KG
- Marius Pedersen a.s.
- Norsk Gjenvinning Norge AS
- SCHOLZ RECYCLING GMBH
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market: Strategic Partnerships
- Prominent companies operating in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K., such as Fortum, REMONDIS SE & Co. KG, and Veolia are focusing on strategic partnerships and acquisition activities to expand their footprint. Other key strategies in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. are highlighted below:
- In March 2020, Fortum and Kvaerner signed a memorandum of understanding to identify projects and opportunities for technical or commercial cooperation. The two companies are engaged in onshore energy plants, waste management, and wind projects.
- In June 2019, REMONDIS SE & Co. KG opened its C&D recycling plant in Durham, England. The site was acquired in 2016 through the acquisition of JBT Waste Services Limited. Redevelopment of the site took 18 months from the initial design stages. The plant utilizes a variety of sorting technologies to extract the maximum recycled material from mixed wastes.
- In the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of WEEE waste recycling services. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. to accurately gauge its potential development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. will progress during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the WEEE waste recycling market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K., and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (kilo tons).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K., along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K., wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
The report provides detailed information about the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in WEEE waste recycling so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which end use of WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. will emerge as a major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- Which source of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. will emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenues in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the WEEE waste recycling market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.?
- Which end use is expected to have maximum potential for WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the WEEE waste recycling market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the WEEE waste recycling market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K.
U.K. WEEE Waste Recycling Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the WEEE waste recycling market in the U.K. based on source and end use. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the WEEE waste recycling market.