Proteasomes are the protein complexes present inside eukaryotes and a few prokaryotes. Proteolysis is the main function of these proteasomes, in which, unnecessary or damaged proteins are degraded by the breakage of peptide bonds catalyzed by enzymes called as proteases. This overall system of protein degradation is known as ubiquitin proteasome system.
Ubiquitin proteasome system plays an important role in a variety of basic cellular processes and signaling pathways such as regulation of cell cycle, cell division and differentiation, DNA repair, transcriptional regulation, regulation of the immune responses and modulation of cell surface receptors. The regular degradation of proteins is crucial for maintenance of almost all biological processes including cell proliferation, cell metabolism and apoptosis.
Research in the field of ubiquitin proteasome is expanding exponentially. For instance, intensive research is going on in the field of applications of ubiquitin proteasome system in the treatment of cancer, as the pharmacological inhibition properties of proteasomes can be effective in cancer treatment. Potential sites of therapeutic interventions are also under research and the selective inhibition of disease specific components is also being studied for the purpose of developing treatments for diseases such as neurodegenerative disorders. This indicates a bright future market potential depending upon the time required for commercialization. Currently, there is only one approved ubiquitin proteasome system product available in the market named Velcade. In 2009, total sales of Velcade were estimated to be 1.4 billion and being the only approved drug, its sales are expected to achieve growth at a high compounded annual growth rate.
Although a lot of basic knowledge about the mechanism of ubiquitin proteasome systems is available, its real commercial potential has not yet been fully discovered. The market for ubiquitin proteasome can be divided into four segments on the basis of geography, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World.
Some of the companies involved in the research and development of ubiquitin proteasome systems are Johnson & Johnson, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Novelix Pharmaceuticals, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
- Market growth drivers
- Factors limiting market growth
- Current market trends
- Market structure
- Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
- It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
- It provides a technological growth map over time to understand the industry growth rate
- It provides a seven-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
- It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
- It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
- It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
- It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments