Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Introduction
- An unmanned aircraft system (UAS) traffic management system is a traffic management ecosystem for uncontrolled operations. Increasing operational activities of drones is one of the major factors fueling the demand for UAS traffic management systems. Currently, UAS traffic management system is undergoing the developing stage. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is researching on a prototype technology for UAS traffic management, which would help manage low-altitude operations.
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Dynamics
Increasing UAV/drone activities fuel demand for UAS traffic management systems
- Several beneficial applications of UAVs or drones, such as delivery of goods, infrastructure surveillance, search, and rescue, and agriculture monitoring, have driven the demand for UAV or drones in various applications. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, in 2017, there were 1.1 million drones in the U.S. and the number is expected to reach 2 million by the end of 2019. This increasing adoption of UAVs/drones has raised air traffic, which is boosting the demand for UAS traffic management systems.
North America to hold a major share of global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market
- Based on region, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market in 2018, followed by Europe, and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries of the market in the region. Increasing use of drones and presence of leading players, such as AirMap Inc., Harris Corporation, and Lockheed Martin, are responsible for leading position of North America in the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
- The UAS traffic management (UTM) system market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries of the market in the region.
Logistics & transportation segment to hold a major market share
- Based on application, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been divided into logistics & transportation, military & security agencies, agriculture & forestry, and others (including firefighting and weather forecasting). The logistics & transportation segment held a major market share in 2018 and it is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. Growing adoption of small unmanned aerial systems (UASs) by companies operating in the retail & e-commerce sector has fueled the logistics & transportation segment of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
Persistent type segment to expand at the maximum CAGR
- Based on type, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been segmented into portable type and persistent type. The persistent type segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. Rising adoption of drones or UAVs in logistics and transportation applications, largely in developed countries such as the U.S. and the U.K., is driving the persistent type segment of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
Key players operating in global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market
- Some of the key players operating in the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market are:
- AirMap Inc.
- Harris Corporation
- Leonardo S.p.A.
- Lockheed Martin
- Nova Systems
- Rockwell Collins
- Thales Group
- Unifly NV
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Competition Landscape
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Research Scope
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Component
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Component
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Type
- Portable Type
- Persistent Type
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Application
- Logistics & Transportation
- Military & Security Agencies
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Others (Including Firefighting and Weather Forecasting)
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.