Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Introduction
- An unmanned aircraft system (UAS) traffic management system is a traffic management ecosystem for uncontrolled operations. Increasing operational activities of drones is one of the major factors fueling the demand for UAS traffic management systems. Currently, UAS traffic management system is undergoing the developing stage. The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is researching on a prototype technology for UAS traffic management, which would help manage low-altitude operations.
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Dynamics
Increasing UAV/drone activities fuel demand for UAS traffic management systems
- Several beneficial applications of UAVs or drones, such as delivery of goods, infrastructure surveillance, search, and rescue, and agriculture monitoring, have driven the demand for UAV or drones in various applications. According to the Federal Aviation Administration, in 2017, there were 1.1 million drones in the U.S. and the number is expected to reach 2 million by the end of 2019. This increasing adoption of UAVs/drones has raised air traffic, which is boosting the demand for UAS traffic management systems.
North America to hold a major share of global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market
- Based on region, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant share of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market in 2018, followed by Europe, and the trend is expected to continue throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries of the market in the region. Increasing use of drones and presence of leading players, such as AirMap Inc., Harris Corporation, and Lockheed Martin, are responsible for leading position of North America in the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
- The UAS traffic management (UTM) system market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries of the market in the region.
Logistics & transportation segment to hold a major market share
- Based on application, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been divided into logistics & transportation, military & security agencies, agriculture & forestry, and others (including firefighting and weather forecasting). The logistics & transportation segment held a major market share in 2018 and it is expected to continue its dominance throughout the forecast period. Growing adoption of small unmanned aerial systems (UASs) by companies operating in the retail & e-commerce sector has fueled the logistics & transportation segment of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
Persistent type segment to expand at the maximum CAGR
- Based on type, the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market has been segmented into portable type and persistent type. The persistent type segment is expected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period. Rising adoption of drones or UAVs in logistics and transportation applications, largely in developed countries such as the U.S. and the U.K., is driving the persistent type segment of the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market.
Key players operating in global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market
- Some of the key players operating in the global UAS traffic management (UTM) system market are:
- AirMap Inc.
- Harris Corporation
- Leonardo S.p.A.
- Lockheed Martin
- Nova Systems
- Rockwell Collins
- Thales Group
- Unifly NV
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Competition Landscape
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market: Research Scope
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Component
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Component
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Type
- Portable Type
- Persistent Type
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Application
- Logistics & Transportation
- Military & Security Agencies
- Agriculture & Forestry
- Others (Including Firefighting and Weather Forecasting)
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global UAS Traffic Management (UTM) System Market, by Region
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.