Two-wheeler Brake Pads: Introduction
- Brake pads are an integral component in two-wheelers that have disc brakes. Brake pads are highly susceptible to wear and tear due to friction; consequently, the demand for durable brakes pads is rising
- Manufacturing of brake pads require a material that possess high co-efficient of friction. Significant expansion of the two-wheeler brake pads market is attributed to an increase in the demand for effective braking at high speeds.
Key Drivers of Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market
- Rising demand for two-wheelers in several countries across Asia Pacific and Africa including India, China, those in ASEAN, Nigeria, Egypt, and South Africa, is likely to drive the demand for two-wheeler brake pads significantly
- Several key players manufacturing two-wheeler and two-wheeler components, such as braking system and tires, are increasing investments in developing countries of Middle East and Africa
- Demand for safety solutions in two-wheelers has been rising consistently the last few years. Demand for safety is for both, rider and pedestrians. The braking system regulates the speed of the vehicle in emergency situations and prevents accidents. The sudden appearance of an obstacle in front of the two-wheeler reduces the distance and reaction time available for the rider to apply the brakes. An efficient and effective braking system is useful in such a situation.
Organic Material Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Metal is a widely preferred material for brake pads; however, this trend is changing due to significant braking effect, which cannot be achieved by metal brake pads
- Organic brake pads are highly flexible and provide more comfort, i.e., they possess smooth working during the brake application. Therefore, organic pads are widely incorporated in latest vehicles. However, the organic brake pads is expanding at a moderate pace, owing to issues associated with the wear of organic brake pads.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Regular Replacement of Brake Pads due to Friction to Hamper OEM Segment
- Components of the braking system, including brake pads, are in constant contact with vehicles’ mechanical components. During heavy braking, brake fade occurs due to the heat generation in the braking surfaces and leading to frequent replacement of components of braking system. This is likely to hamper the OEM segment of the market.
China and India to Hold Significant Share of Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market
- The automotive industry in China is expanding at a significant pace. Demand for two-wheelers for smaller commutation route is significantly high in the country. Availability of large consumer base, high preference as a mode of transportation, and affordability are key factors that are driving the two-wheeler market in the country at a rapid pace. Increase in number of two-wheelers is driving the demand for two-wheeler brake pads, as safety is of prime concern among consumers while purchasing two-wheelers.
- Currently, India has the highest number of on-road two-wheelers in the world. Hence, the country likely to lead the two-wheeler brake pads market. It is estimated that around 37 million motorcycle or mopeds are currently running on the roads in India. High preference for two-wheelers owing to their low price is likely to boost the demand for two-wheelers in India.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global two-wheeler brake pads market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 35% to 40% share of the global market. A few key players operating in the global two-wheeler brake pads market are:
- AISIN SEIKI
- Borg Warner
- Brakes India
- Brembo S.p.A.
- Continental AG
- EBC Brakes
- Federal Mogul LLC.
- FTE Automotive
- Haldex Group
- Hutchinson SA
- Lyndall Racing Brakes LLC
- Nisshinbo Holdings Inc.
- Nissin Kogya Co., Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Scandinavian Brake Systems AS
- Sumitomo Riko Company Ltd.
- Tenneco Inc.
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, ask for a customized report
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market: Research Scope
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, by Two-wheeler Type
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, by Location
- Front Wheel
- Rear Wheel
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, by Material Type
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, by Sales Channel
Global Two-wheeler Brake Pads Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.