Turntable, also known as phonograph is a circular rotating platform which is used as a device for playing sound recordings. A turntable uses a motor that spins the platter at a constant speed. A vinyl record also known as phonograph record is placed on top of the spinning platter which converts the vibrations into sound. These vibrations are converted into sound with the help of a technology known as belt drive and direct drive. Belt drive technology spins the platter with an elastic belt which is attached to the motor. The platter is placed on the bearing which is a device that allows a linear movement and remains isolated from the motor. The platter, in a direct drive turntable is directly attached and spins through the motor. Direct drive turntables helps in providing more accurate and continuous speeds. Many premium turntables use belt drive technology as it provides better sound quality and less noise distortion from the motor. Nevertheless, direct drive turntables provide faster start up times and stronger torque and are normally believed to be sturdy.
The global turntables market is expected to witness steady growth rate in the near future. In the era of digital music, vinyl records provide unparalleled aesthetic appeal. The experience which vinyl records provide to music lovers is one of the major reasons for the increase in demand for turntables. Many music lovers feel that music from a turntable creates high quality sounds. Additionally, turntables possess a cultural quality that is both modern and classic at the same time. Increasing demand for vinyl records and live shows is anticipated to drive the turntables market. Growing preference for electronic dance music among young millennials is anticipated to increase the number of DJs around the world which in turn is expected to boost the turntables market. Moreover, promotional events such as Record Store Day are also estimated to boost the turntables market. Record Store Day is a promotional event where thousands of independent record stores gather to sell, purchase, and promote vinyl records and turntables. Such events also help in boosting the growth of the turntables market. Turntables have a long lifecycle and hence once purchased last for a long time. This restricts the growth of the turntables market.
One of the latest trends in the global turntables market is the emergence of vinyl records and vintage turntables. The new generation is shifting toward old music forms. Despite cell phones and tablets becoming the latest trends for music, vinyl's vintage novelty is enjoying resurgence in popularity. Young millennials are boosting the growth of vinyl records and vintage turntables.
The global turntables market can be segmented based on automation level, technology, application, distribution channel, and geography. In terms of automation level, the global turntables market can be segmented into manual, semi-automatic, and fully automatic. According to technology, the turntables market can be segmented as direct drive and belt drive technology. Based on application, the turntables market is segmented into home entertainment, bars and music clubs, music production etc. In terms of distribution channel, the turntables market can be segmented as online and offline. The online distribution channel can further be sub segmented into e-commerce websites and company websites whereas the offline market can be sub segmented as specialty stores and large retail formats. In terms of geography, the turntables market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Some of the prominent players operating in the turntables market includes Crosley Radio (the U.S.), Audio-Technica Corporation (Japan), Denon (Japan), Thorens (Switzerland), Rega (the U.K.), Sony Corporation (Japan), VPI Industries (the U.S.), JR Transrotor (Germany), and Gibson Guitar Corporation (the U.S.). All these players compete with each other in terms of new product designs, technological advancements etc. in order to survive in the market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.