Turf Grass Seeds Market: Highlights
Key Drivers of Turf Grass Seeds Market
- Turf grass seeds are easy to store, light to carry, and have a storage life of several years. These are major advantages of turf grass seeds. Turf grass seeds are also cost-effective. This is fueling the turf grass seeds market.
- Heavy rainfall may wash seeds off slopes. These seeds are prone to attacks by birds. These factors are hampering the market. In turn, this is encouraging various manufacturers to focus on launching grass seed treatment products.
Turf Grass Seeds Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global turf grass seeds market has been bifurcated into non-residential and residential
- The non-residential segment is projected to account for major share of the global turf grass seeds market in 2019. It has been further sub-segmented into golf courses, sports fields, and others.
- Expanding at a healthy growth rate, the residential segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period
Turf Grass Seeds Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The COVID-19 pandemic has negatively impacted the global economy. It has hampered the supply chain of various industrial sectors. Purchase and consumption behavior has changed significantly across various sectors with months of consumer lockdown; and shut down of international supply chains and retail businesses. This has adversely impacted the turf grass seeds market.
- The combination of extended lockdowns in developed market economies and domestic social distancing has deepened the adverse impact on emerging market economies. Longer lockdowns have severely hampered household incomes, corporations' liquidity, and banks' asset quality. This has hindered the turf grass seeds market.
North America to be Key Region of Global Turf Grass Seeds Market
- In terms of region, the global turf grass seeds market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In North America, the U.S. aims to promote investments in end-use industries. This is expected to boost the turf grass seeds market in the U.S.
- In terms of demand, North America held major share of the market in 2019. It was followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. The market in North America is estimated to be promising in the next few years. Increase in participation of the people in sports activities and exercise in this region is boosting the demand for landscaping and gardening activities, thereby propelling the turf grass seeds market. According to the United States Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, on an average, 17.7% of the population in the country was engaged in sports in 2014. The percentage increased to 19.5% in 2015.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. End-use industries in Mexico have been expanding steadily. The market in UAE is also expanding at a significant pace. This is likely to drive the demand for turf grass seeds in Latin America and Middle East & Africa, respectively, during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
The global turf grass seeds market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Hancock Seed
- Pennington Seed
- The Scotts Company
- Barenbrug Group
- Turf Merchants
- Jonathan Green
- PGG wrightson Turf
Global Turf Grass Seeds Market: Research Scope
Global Turf Grass Seeds Market, by Grass Seed Type
Global Turf Grass Seeds Market, by Application
- Golf Courses
- Sports Fields
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!