Global Tungsten Finished Products Market: Overview
Tungsten is a rare material found naturally, particularly in chemical compounds, on Earth. It is commonly found in wolframite and scheelite ores. It is known for its distinctive properties such as high density, high melting point, and excellent blending abilities. Tungsten is also one of the highest melting point metal found on Earth. Many alloys of tungsten such as light bulb filaments, electrodes, X-ray tubes, radiation shielding, and super alloys are used in various applications in different sectors. Tungsten is employed in military applications such as projectiles and insulation shielding due to its hard physical form and high density. Tungsten finished products are also used as catalysts in numerous industrial processes.
Based on type, the market for tungsten finished products can be segregated into wires and sheets. In terms of application, the market for tungsten finished products can be broadly segmented into electrical & electronics, aerospace, and industrial. Under the type segment, wires held significant share of the tungsten finished products market in 2016. It is anticipated to maintain its position during the forecast period. Tungsten wires is largely used in lamps, heaters, electrodes, and printers. This is one of the factors boosting the wire segment. Filaments made from tungsten are used as ultrahigh temperature halogen lamps and as thermionic emitters. The wire segment was followed by the sheet segment, which accounted for minimal share in 2016. Tungsten sheets & plates are used in heaters, heat spreaders, sintering boats, spacers, weights, and various kinds of jigs and tools. Tungsten sheets are primarily employed during the production of sintering boats due to its excellent cutting, blending, and sputtering abilities.
The market for tungsten finished products is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Tungsten finished products such as filaments are being replaced with advanced alternatives such as compact fluorescent lamps and light emitting diodes owing to technological advancements. Demand for tungsten finished products is estimated to continue to be high during the forecast period due to their application in heaters and corona wires.
Geographically, Asia Pacific held significant share of the tungsten finished products market in 2016. According to the data released by the United States Geological Survey, global tungsten reserves stood at around 3.5 million tons in 2014; China alone accounted for 1,900,000 metric tons of tungsten in the year. Consumption of tungsten in Asia Pacific is comparatively higher than that in any other region owing to the strong manufacturing industry in Asia Pacific. Tungsten finished products are used in the production of printers, lamps, heaters, furnaces, etc. in the electrical & electronics industry. China is the hub for electrical & electronics products. The market in Asia Pacific was followed by that in North America and Europe in 2016. Production of tungsten stood at 430000 metric tons in 2014 in North America. Demand for tungsten finished products is likely to be high in the region, led by the presence of strong electrical & electronics and aerospace industries. Tungsten sheets are used as insulation shields in the production of aerospace shuttles, planes, etc. Russia was the major producer of tungsten (250,000 metric tons) in Europe in 2014. It was followed by Austria (10,000 metric tons). Presence of robust manufacturing industries in Europe is projected to augment the demand for tungsten and tungsten finished products in the region during the forecast period.
Major players operating in the market for tungsten finished products are Saxony Minerals and Exploration AG, T&D Materials Manufacturing, A.L.M.T. Corp., and SMT Limited.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.