COVID-19 Impact on Trityl Chloride Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak is hampering the demand for trityl chloride in many applications. Governments of various countries across the globe have enforced lockdown measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus. This has resulted in slowdown and even halt in manufacturing operations, thus hampering the demand for trityl chloride.
- Key players operating in the trityl chloride market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these players have halted their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively influenced the demand and supply chain of trityl chloride.
- The COVID-19 outbreak has directly affected the production and demand for trityl chloride. Industrial shutdown caused by the COVID-19 pandemic has created disruption in the supply chain. Disruption in supply of raw materials is projected to hamper full-scale operations of companies operating in the market.
Key Drivers of Trityl Chloride Market
- Rise in demand for trityl chloride in the pharmaceuticals industry due to its chemical functionality is a significant factor projected to fuel the global trityl chloride market during the forecast period. Around 1.28 billion people suffer from elevated blood pressure/hypertension worldwide. Rise in demand for blood pressure regulating medicines such as Losartan potassium is a significant factor projected to fuel the global trityl chloride market during the forecast period.
- Trityl chloride is majorly used in tritylation reactions in organic chemistry
Restraints of Trityl Chloride Market
- Increase in competition from substitutes is a major challenge facing the trityl chloride market. Fluctuation in raw material prices is also expected to hamper the market in the near future.
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Trityl Chloride Market
- In terms of region, the global trityl chloride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global trityl chloride market in 2020. Asia Pacific is the major region of the global trityl chloride market led by the presence of various API manufacturing facilities.
- North America and Europe are also key consumers of trityl chloride. The trityl chloride market in North America and Europe is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace in the near future.
Competitive Landscape of Global Trityl Chloride Market
- Major players operating in the trityl chloride market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The trityl chloride market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the trityl chloride market include Corvine Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Shree Ganesh Group Of Industries, SynQuest Laboratories, Inc, Syntor Fine Chemicals Ltd, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd., QingDao XueJie Chemicals Co. Ltd., and Tianjin Anhao PharmaTech Co. Ltd.
Global Trityl Chloride Market: Research Scope
Global Trityl Chloride Market, by End-user
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Specialty Chemicals
Global Trityl Chloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Trityl Chloride: Market Introduction
- Trityl chloride is also known as chlorotriphenylmethane, triphenylchloromethane, or triphenylmethyl chloride
- Trityl chloride is an alkyl halide commonly used as a protecting agent or position blocking agent in many organic chemical reactions to introduce the trityl protecting group. The triphenylmethyl group (trityl, Tr) and its congeners are frequently used in synthetic organic chemistry for protecting alcohols, thiols, and amines. Steric requirements make trityl particularly useful in carbohydrate chemistry, where a selective protection of primary alcohol(s) functionality is needed.
- Trityl chloride is used to manufacture APIs such as Losartan potassium, Cefotaxime, Ceftazidime, Indeloxacine, Remoxipride, and Zidovudine
- Trityl chloride is used in the preparation of S-trityl-L-cysteine (STLC), a tight binding inhibitor of Eg5 that prevents mitotic progression. S-trityl-L-cysteine (STLC) exhibits anticancer and potential chemotherapeutic activities in chronic myelogenous leukemia.