Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market Introduction;
- Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is a colorless liquid with a mild characteristic odor. It is the premier coalescent for latex paints. Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is also known as texanol. It performs well in all types of latex paints, in a variety of weather conditions, and over substrates with different levels of porosity.
- Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is manufactured by the self-condensation process of dry, acid-free isobutyraldehyde in the presence of sodium isobutoxide. The mixture is then washed with water to remove other chemicals formed during the reaction and the remaining liquid is trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate.
- In terms of application, the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market can be segmented into latex paints, solvents, oil-drilling muds, wood preservative carriers, ore flotation, floor polishes, and others. The latex paints segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Consumption of trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is increasing in latex paints primarily due to its non-yellowing and non-chipping properties.
Key Drivers of Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market
- Increase in demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate in the paint industry is projected to augment the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market during the forecast period. Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate provides the highest level of film integrity at low levels of coalescent, thus enhancing the performance properties of the paint including low temperature coalescence, touch-up, scrub resistance, washability, color development, thermal flexibility, and resistance to mud cracking. Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate also enhances the thickening efficiency of paints when used with associative thickeners.
- Rapid growth in the construction industry is anticipated to boost the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market during the forecast period. Demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate formulations is increasing, especially in the construction industry, due to their environment compliant properties. Trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is used in exteriors as well as interiors of residential and commercial buildings.
Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market Restraints
- High cost of raw materials is projected to hamper the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market. Raw materials such as isobutyraldehyde and sodium isobutoxide are used in the preparation of trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate. The prices of these raw materials are considerably high. This raises the overall production cost of trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate.
- Stringent environmental regulations and lack of universal directives pertaining to applications of trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate are likely to hamper the trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market. Stringent environment regulatory measures have been imposed on the usage of trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate due to a rise in environmental concerns across the globe. Compliance with these regulations is mandatory and often tedious for various market players. This can discourage investment in the trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate the market, thereby adversely affecting the market growth.
COVID-19 Impact on Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market
- The global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market includes major tier I and II manufacturers and suppliers such as OXEA, Eastman Corporation, Univar Solutions, Hallstar, Eastman Chemical Company, and Honeywell International Inc. Manufacturing facilities of these manufacturers and suppliers are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Many of these market players have curtailed their production output over the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has led to lower demand and supply chain bottlenecks. Thus, demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is estimated to decline in 2020.
- Supply chains of global the trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market have been disrupted by the COVID-19 pandemic in key countries such as China, India, Japan, the U.S., and Germany. Demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is projected to decline in the near future due to uncertainty in the global economy and capital markets
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market
- Based on region, the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is projected to hold major share of the global market during the forecast period owing to rapid expansion in packaging and construction industries and rise in technological advancements in the paints industry in the region. The construction industry is expanding at a rapid pace in China, India, Japan, ASEAN, and countries in Southeast Asia owing to growth in per capita income and rise in infrastructure spending.
- China is major country of the trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market in Asia Pacific owing to availability of low cost labor and lenient regulations by various regulatory authorities
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to favorable government regulations and rise in demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate in the coatings industry. Demand for trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate is increasing in the paints & coatings industry in the region due to rise in renovation and reconstruction of old buildings.
Prominent Players in Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market
Major players operating in the global trimethyl pentanediol monoisobutyrate market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies, such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development, to increase their regional presence and business operations. Key players operating in the market include:
- Eastman Corporation
- Univar Solutions
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Runtai Chemical Co.
- Shijiazhuang Xinlongwei Chemical Co., Ltd
- Paras Enterprises
- Wego Chemical Group
Trimethyl Pentanediol Monoisobutyrate Market, by Application
- Latex Paints
- Oil-drilling Muds
- Wood Preservative Carriers
- Ore Flotation
- Floor Polishes